Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bootleg Trunks posted:

i don't know how i missed that Outlaw is based of THAT Gor series :stare:

It is arguably the most horny of their episodes. A few at best come close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is very weird someone made a movie about Gor because this was well after the weird sex stuff was going on in the series. The first couple of books are just a straight rip off of the John Carter of Mars book series and then it started adding a bunch of stuff about slavery.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Bicyclops posted:

lmao TV's Frank is just a pro-follow on Twitter, but the current rules will probably get him banned again

This tweet from him yesterday is one of the all-time greats.

https://twitter.com/FrankConniff/status/1312227051945025536

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

muscles like this! posted:

It is very weird someone made a movie about Gor because this was well after the weird sex stuff was going on in the series. The first couple of books are just a straight rip off of the John Carter of Mars book series and then it started adding a bunch of stuff about slavery.

My guess? Cheap licensing rights and a declining sci-fi/fantasy fad that the creators wanted to ride before it ended.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

Sash! posted:

I'm not sure what that device is that they're using in Radar Secret Service actually is, but it is definitely not radar.

Not understanding radar seems to be cross cultural, I just watched Invasion of the Neptune Men and the kids use a "portable radar" to make a toy turn on and move on its own.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Radar Secret Service was made in 1950 which was when it was still a pretty new technology.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

muscles like this! posted:

Radar Secret Service was made in 1950 which was when it was still a pretty new technology.

I wonder if the eight or nine people who saw that in the theaters actually thought that's how radar worked?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Mister Kingdom posted:

I wonder if the eight or nine people who saw that in the theaters actually thought that's how radar worked?

I'm sure radar saved more than one floundering marriage.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 days!

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

I'm sure radar saved more than one floundering marriage.

Uh, radar can't look into their hearts, sir.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Employees must wash tongues before returning to work.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 days!
Use tongue freely! Swab onto every available surface.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Plenty of lip and tongue action.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Going back to the Creeping Terror for a moment, one of my favorite moments in the entire show is, as the Terror is eating a woman who is clearly climbing inside the maw of the creature of her own accord, and Mike says "If you could help me out by climbing in" and Kevin/Servo legitimately cracks up. Gets me every time.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

All I know is radar detects monster cars and bases

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 days!

TL posted:

Going back to the Creeping Terror for a moment, one of my favorite moments in the entire show is, as the Terror is eating a woman who is clearly climbing inside the maw of the creature of her own accord, and Mike says "If you could help me out by climbing in" and Kevin/Servo legitimately cracks up. Gets me every time.

Why, this terror isn't creeping, it's moving along quite briskly!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Well, how's my little boat anchor?

Edit: I don't know if I ever thought of the riff one way or the other before but just now I lost it at 'Maury Fierstein, Kosher Game Warden!'

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 5, 2020

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 days!

Dawgstar posted:

Well, how's my little boat anchor?

Edit: I don't know if I ever thought of the riff one way or the other before but just now I lost it at 'Maury Fierstein, Kosher Game Warden!'

You know, making Allan Sherman an action hero was not a great idea.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

good BYE, joe!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I'm continuing to watch the show in sequence, so I note that unlike most of the mad science in these movies, the experiment in I Was a Teenage Werewolf is really no more unethical or even all that unusual compared to other psychological experiments going on at that time, aside from turning Michael Landon into a werewolf.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I Am Fowl posted:

I'm continuing to watch the show in sequence, so I note that unlike most of the mad science in these movies, the experiment in I Was a Teenage Werewolf is really no more unethical or even all that unusual compared to other psychological experiments going on at that time, aside from turning Michael Landon into a werewolf.

Was that one ever reran on TV? I missed it the first time and don't think ever saw it come around, but of course Sci-Fi was not the most conscientious of channels.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Dawgstar posted:

Was that one ever reran on TV? I missed it the first time and don't think ever saw it come around, but of course Sci-Fi was not the most conscientious of channels.

I checked on MST3K Info's broadcast schedule archive: it looks like it aired 5 times in 1997, once in 1998, and never again after that. They must've lost the rights fairly quickly.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Happy birthday to Oscar O'Shea of "God is dead? Good!" fame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Df3j9vCcIM

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

The wily old coot from Final Sacrifice sounds exactly like Jim Hensons Waldorf/muppet news/rowlf voice

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I've legitimately wondered if he actually was Jim Henson doing a favor for a buddy up north.

EDIT:

Keromaru5 fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 9, 2020

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So all of the animals were harmed while making Cry Wilderness right

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Most of the time they were just stock footage so really just those raccoons and the one scene with the dead Native American.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Keromaru5 posted:

I've legitimately wondered if he actually was Jim Henson doing a favor for a buddy up north.

EDIT:

It legit annoys me that they don't spend the whole time riffing on it, because it's all I can think when I hear him.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Not as big a failure as missing Galactica in Space Mutiny, but a failure nonetheless.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Like, it's a fault of mine and not of the riffing, to be clear

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Bicyclops posted:

It legit annoys me that they don't spend the whole time riffing on it, because it's all I can think when I hear him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Zo3d5MaU0

This is probably too Canadian, but his voice is more Red Green than Jim Henson imo

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another Bill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Zo3d5MaU0

This is probably too Canadian, but his voice is more Red Green than Jim Henson imo

Don't they make a Red Green joke at some point? (I was hip because PBS. As hip as it was to be watching the Red Green Show on PBS, anyway, which I will assume is very much thank you.)

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dawgstar posted:

Don't they make a Red Green joke at some point? (I was hip because PBS. As hip as it was to be watching the Red Green Show on PBS, anyway, which I will assume is very much thank you.)

I don't remember a Red Green joke, but I do remember they made an Ed the Sock reference.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

That guy is my favorite minor character in the entire corpus of MST3k.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

Dawgstar posted:

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" gets quoted, yeah.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Trying to refresh my memory I found out The Final Sacrifice was pulled from YouTube AND RiffTrax. The word is Tjardus Greidanus himself hit it with some copyright thing.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
That lousy, stinking, francophonic, bacon-loving bastard

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dawgstar posted:

Trying to refresh my memory I found out The Final Sacrifice was pulled from YouTube AND RiffTrax. The word is Tjardus Greidanus himself hit it with some copyright thing.

He comes from a long line of great anuses.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
This is why we circulate the tapes.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Foppish Yet Dashing posted:

This is why we circulate the tapes.

I have multiple back up archives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Everything Counts posted:

That lousy, stinking, francophonic, bacon-loving bastard

I loved the upbeat little version of that song that played during the credits on the new show