Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Hazo posted:

Munchie still had a plot. I'm trying hard to think of a movie that had the same amount of flailing despair as Manos and I really can't. Catalina Caper maybe?

The roundtable at the end of The Bubble asked some of the writers what was the worst movie to reach the SoL: Joel stuck with Manos, but Red Zone Cuba, The Castle of Fu Manchu and Monster A Go Go were also mentioned among the worst. Several of the writers even mentioned they can't even finish watching certain episodes because of how bad the movies are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

The roundtable at the end of The Bubble asked some of the writers what was the worst movie to reach the SoL: Joel stuck with Manos, but Red Zone Cuba, The Castle of Fu Manchu and Monster A Go Go were also mentioned among the worst. Several of the writers even mentioned they can't even finish watching certain episodes because of how bad the movies are.

I've never been able to stay away through Wild World of Batwoman. Once I was violently shaken out of my slumber by the racist séance.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Dawgstar posted:

I've never been able to stay away through Wild World of Batwoman. Once I was violently shaken out of my slumber by the racist séance.

You know, that may not really be Chinese...

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!
Robert's Rules of WOW! :quagmire:

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

I’ve rarely seen The Creeping Terror mentioned in these conversations, and it is horrendous: Voice over instead of dialogue, monster that’s a carpet the cast have to actively crawl into in order to be “eaten,” so deadly dull one of the host segments is just them listening to the incidental music.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
One of the black and white 50s movies is the worst, but I can't remember if it's Daddy-O or High School Big Shot or whatever

Great episode, but definitely something that would just bore you on its own. Manos is too weird to be the worst

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

precision posted:

One of the black and white 50s movies is the worst, but I can't remember if it's Daddy-O or High School Big Shot or whatever

Great episode, but definitely something that would just bore you on its own. Manos is too weird to be the worst

I have trouble with several of the black and white films, they're so boring on their own that not even Joike and the bots can save it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

I have trouble with several of the black and white films, they're so boring on their own that not even Joike and the bots can save it.

I'm the opposite, I actually think some of the show's best riffing was done on the B&W movies and shorts. They're either super straight-laced and stilted, or highly overwrought and melodramatic, both of which offer plenty of fine riffing fodder.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Narsham posted:

I’ve rarely seen The Creeping Terror mentioned in these conversations, and it is horrendous: Voice over instead of dialogue, monster that’s a carpet the cast have to actively crawl into in order to be “eaten,” so deadly dull one of the host segments is just them listening to the incidental music.

Oh yeah that's an excellent choice, an unpleasant little film all around. Bobby ... Bobby ... Bobby!!!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the black and white movies are my favorite but those are also movies i would watch and enjoy in my own time

they dont make em like they used to!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

High School Bigshot is an episode I love.

I've probably said this before but the Mads did Manos using the restored version and I remember it making a lot more sense than the one they had on MST. They also cut some parts to fit the time limit they had back then I believe, which added to confusion.

Being able to actually hear and see things somehow adds to the movie.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

Oh yeah that's an excellent choice, an unpleasant little film all around. Bobby ... Bobby ... Bobby!!!

It wasn't a good idea to make Allan Sherman an action hero.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Murdstone posted:

High School Bigshot is an episode I love.

I've probably said this before but the Mads did Manos using the restored version and I remember it making a lot more sense than the one they had on MST. They also cut some parts to fit the time limit they had back then I believe, which added to confusion.

Being able to actually hear and see things somehow adds to the movie.

The full version doesn't make Manos any better but it does make it slightly more coherently bad.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

verbal enema posted:

the black and white movies are my favorite but those are also movies i would watch and enjoy in my own time

they dont make em like they used to!

I would probably have watched I Accuse My Parents if I'd known of it pre-MST. It's kind of a charming if doofy morality play.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I bought the Bill Rebane box set from Arrow just to get an HD copy of MONSTER-A-GO-GO!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!
Monster A-Go-Go? Aww, I thought it'd be Munsters Go Home :(

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the 25$ saving bond Forrester gave Frank at the beginning of Santa Claus matures next year!!

e: also i'd love to know what the little girl, now lady, feels about Crow's name also being Art having been canon since the second that letter was read on air

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

I would probably have watched I Accuse My Parents if I'd known of it pre-MST. It's kind of a charming if doofy morality play.

I'm ashamed to say that little me would have watched The Starfighters, because airplanes were so groovy!
Just call me Davey.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IOWA!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The best part of the old black and white movies was the 30+ year old people playing high schoolers.

Although girl in Gold boots did it too

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Uncle Wemus posted:

The best part of the old black and white movies was the 30+ year old people playing high schoolers.

Although girl in Gold boots did it too
One of my favorite running bits from an episode was pointing out all the old people in Ring of Terror.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Murdstone posted:

One of my favorite running bits from an episode was pointing out all the old people in Ring of Terror.

"What's new?"
"Not us!"

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Murdstone posted:

She knows I can't make those stairs.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Have been working on setting up a program/device called "Joan" so the opening of Brute Man has been playing in my head.

... Time to watch Brute Man again.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!
Professor Cushman was laid to rest in a tiny, battery-powered cart.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Failson posted:

Have been working on setting up a program/device called "Joan" so the opening of Brute Man has been playing in my head.

... Time to watch Brute Man again.

"Why'd you hire me if you hate me so?"

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Everybody talk me
Can't hear word say

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
"God Is Dead"? GOOD!"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

Dawgstar posted:

"Why'd you hire me if you hate me so?"

"Dear GOD, I hate you! I hope you DIE!"

(sounds of Mike laughing uncontrollably)

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I've started using PISS OFF with that exact same delivery. Thanks, MST

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
"Someone shot my sizzler off!"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

Failson posted:

"Someone shot my sizzler off!"

He's taken several shots to an area that won't improve his chances with the ladies at all.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hm the typewriters making odd noises

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm gonna grow an ugly face and KILL YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Rondo Hatton was voted Most Handsome Boy in his senior year in high school

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!
Be on the lookout for Rondo! He's slightly carbonated, so you can slam him down fast!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
The Deep 13 segments are great too, I love Trace's delivery of

"Oh mother noooooo!
Oh well, he's not the first oily man who's taken Mom to the mat."

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
https://twitter.com/shinimomi/status/1600053470262079489

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I don't know why but Pumaman's "LIKE AN IDIOT ON THE ROOF" is stuck in my head and is making me smile all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Morter posted:

I don't know why but Pumaman's "LIKE AN IDIOT ON THE ROOF" is stuck in my head and is making me smile all day.

LIKE A ROCK