Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

People who have seen Mac and Me in its original form: did they make significant cuts for the MST3K version, or was the editing really that choppy? It felt like the whole thing just bounced from one scene to the next with no attempt at transitions or continuity.

Also, Ator had a major “this whole movie is the scriptwriter’s/director’s repressed sexual urges” vibe to it. When he got arrested by the spider warrior dudes near the end, I thought: “so are these guys going to try to gently caress him too?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

SirPhoebos posted:

Atlantic Rim got me thinking who was the worst "protagonist" to be featured on MST3K.

My vote goes to Bob Iger's character in The Mole People. He straight up causes genocide.

I guess not the worst in terms of evil committed, but motherfucking Mitchell.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I saw the rifftrax version of Santa Claus and the content that got cut from the MST3K version takes it to a whole new level.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Hey Atlanta goons: Joel will be at the center for puppetry arts this Sunday to unveil a new display with the MST puppets. I won’t be able to make it though. :(

http://www.puppet.org/buy-tickets/2018-19/mystery-science-theater-3000-puppet-unveiling/

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I rewatched Untamed Youth and whenever someone says the villain’s name, Tropp, it’s impossible for me to not hear it as “Trump.” Thanks, America.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Anyone have episodes they like to watch because the movie itself is actually kind of good? I think Moon Zero Two isn’t that bad, and I get a kick out of the western-space setting that doesn’t take itself too seriously.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I was surprised at how Sinister Urge was actually not terrible. It definitely wasn’t good, but it wasn’t a train wreck like I expected. The jokes in it were pretty great too, so I think it’s probably one of my top episodes now.

Also I got a kick at how many times a scene would just end and cut to the police explaining what was supposed to happen but they didn’t bother film.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

The Wild World of Batwoman is the best just because of how uniquely bizarre it is. It’s like a space alien tried to make something humans would consider funny or sexy.

There are so many scenes where I wonder what the hell the director was thinking. Was it supposed to be funny? Why is a random actor wandering around in front of the camera? What’s supposed to be happening?

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Also, fun trivia fact: the brunette that gets kidnapped at the start of the movie was supposed to be the other female lead (besides Batwoman, of course), but at some point had a falling out with the director, who gave the rest of her dialogue to the lady in the leopard-print outfit instead.

This led me to look the movie up on Wikipedia and lmao:

quote:

Having worked on Warren's previous productions such as Teenage Zombies and Curse of the Stone Hand, Victor [Batwoman] was originally not very excited about working with Warren again.[1] To convince her, Warren promised Victor large production values, color photography and her own bat boat in the film.[1] None of these promises ever came to fruition.[1]

I had no idea that the leopard-print-wearing woman was supposed to be the de-facto lead until now. I guess she did have the most lines, but I don't think she actually did anything?

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

*Guy gets shot with an arrow and lies dying while the attackers run away*

Hercules (just arriving on the set): It looks like I got here just in time!

Bots: That’s a matter of perspective!

(Probably a misquote; it’s been a while since I saw it.)

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Hopefully the surgery goes better than last time.

https://youtu.be/AZK_rDZzrF0

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I felt like sometimes they went too far with fat jokes, personally. But, to be fair, they usually did it when a character was over-the-top like in Memory Bank, and they called out movies that had their own tasteless fat humor like Ring of Terror.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Teenagers from Outer Space and Teenage Caveman fall into the category of “it’s the 50s so let’s just put teenager in the title."

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I liked how they fleshed out Mike’s character more than Joel’s, like how the bots constantly brought up his past as a deadbeat stoner and made fun of him for it.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Moon Zero Two is probably the movie I unironically like the most. With a better script, it probably would be a cult hit.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

High School Big Shot is the worst in terms of just being hateful and depressing.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

It had been having technical problems for a while. I wouldn’t be surprised if they couldn’t afford to keep it going.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I always liked how Mike’s character got fleshed out a bit more. We learned about his past, and the bots would even make fun of him for having been a deadbeat stoner.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

The thing that gets me is how the “dystopia” world doesn’t really seem that bad and Fingal is just a massive manbaby. His whole motivation is he wants to creep on women and watch movies at work, but the evil corporation won’t let him!

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Village of the Giants is definitely in the top 3 horniest.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Let's get this straight! Let's make a Batman movie but NOT call Adam West?

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Cabot!?

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I vaguely remember that on the night the Kickstarter ended, Joel livestreamed a big celebration show with some other comedians. Was that recorded or available to watch somewhere?

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

TL posted:

https://youtu.be/TPIny9avjZc

It was a beautiful disaster.

Thanks! I was wondering why it wasn't on their official MST3K channel but now understand.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Pics you can hear is getting popular on social media so I submit this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Bill recently reunited with Joel for a short for his fundraiser too. https://mst3k.org/2020/12/03/watch-all-the-turkey-day-host-segments-right-here-including-the-new-short-featuring-emily/