Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenji Jenkins
Aug 25, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

So thanks to the No Context Violence twitter I discovered that there was this really weird trend in bad 80's action movies(especially for Ninja movies) to have really abrupt non endings, often happening right after or even in the middle of someone dying, and it's the most baffling thing I've ever seen, did MST3K have any movies end in such an abrupt fashion, cause if not it definitely seems like the kind of thing they should riff on

Miami Connection seemed to be the opposite.

The good guy kills all the ninjas and the big bad guy.
The end.

Also, here's a scene at the hospital, tacked on, and missing one of the cast members.

I think it's to be less abrupt, but. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenji Jenkins
Aug 25, 2006

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Was it Bridget as Lisa Loeb?

I'm always glad that Lisa Loeb's official youtube hosts this clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UH99EUxHu4

It's nice to have good sports

Kenji Jenkins
Aug 25, 2006

Sash! posted:

This riff is why I remember it was Old Milwaukee, for some reason.

Apparently, the choice of Old Milwaukee was product placement, according to an interview.

MST3K is a great guide to "how low-budget movies are made", and if that takes a lot of free beer, so be it.

Kenji Jenkins
Aug 25, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Y'know, the freeway might not be the problem.

EDIT: Also, did you know that Cliff Weismeyer wasn't a name Coleman Francis made up for the film? Nope, Cliff was a real person and the actual owner of the frog legs cafe shown in the film (though that's not him onscreen). Had an interesting life, per this article from the Santa Clarita Signal of May 13th, 1948:

I believe that the fight between him and his spouse was a dispute over grammar. I need to renew my newspapers.com account

But yes, his cafe was on a major highway, that was later bypassed by a freeway. I have a feeling that there was something like "Can I film my movie here? I can't pay you, but I'll put in the stuff about the freeway."

(Whereas Skydivers was at "Hey, do you want to be in a film? I can't pay you, but I'll put your name in the credits")

I love all earnest filmmakers who are trying to make a movie on zero budget. It shows what can (and can't) be done. ("you can sense the string")