Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Watching Eegah that many times over about a month can't be healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Jonah is like the perfect mix of Mike and Joel style humor. Really super casting.

Plus enough of a name to draw in casual/non fans without eclipsing the show. Same for Patton.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Crazy Ferret posted:

To be honest, I was most concerned from Patton at the get go. I genuinely like the guy but that's a big name for the show. I admit to not really knowing who Heston was beforehand tho. Patton nailed it though. He played the comedic side-kick great and thought his little character arc towards the back half of the season was great. I really liked the little gift giving montage in The Christmas That Almost Wasn't especially. He is pretty expressive.

Great casting all around.
I agree about Patton but he felt just so right as a replacement TV's Frank that I instantly accepted it. In any other role I'd be wary but it just fit so well. Plus he's not a huge name. Sure my mom may recognize him from King of Queens but wouldn't know his name. I knew of Jonah Ray from the Meltdown and various podcast appearances but nothing about him really. Just enough of a comfortable recognizability without bringing some baggage. It it were Scott Aukerman it'd just feel like Scott Aukerman and not Scott Heston. Paul F Tompkins could have done it but it would have totally felt like PFT in space as opposed to this character. Even if that character is very much like what Jonah Ray is really like.

Of course now I'm picturing various comedians and products hosts as being on the SOL. I kinda wanna see Brian Posehn fumble around awkwardly up there. And Doug Benson try to use Tom as a bong.

Both of which were on TV Wheel so I suppose it isn't too far fetched.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

My parents are both geologists and they love terrible geology disaster movies, Dante's Peak. In no small part because almost without fail the geologist is the hero that nobody pays any attention to until it's too late.

At least they didn't change from geology to mineralogy at the graduate level.

No on is going to get this but it's from one of the worst written and probably acted scenes ever.

Edit: gently caress It was anthropology. NVM. I was off my game.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 19, 2017

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

My favorite non-Petey Plane part of Skydivers is when the guy on the motorcycle drives past a barn but the perspective makes it look like he drove through it and the guys start making random animal noises.

"I'm lonely down there"