Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
So I know this isn't a super political thread, but I heard a story yesterday from TV's Frank on his radio show. Frank is super in the bag for Hillary (check his twitter) and I guess had been asked to organize some comedians to do a benefit for her. He did all that was asked, but then when the higher up Hillary people found out they basically kicked him off the bill because he's too inflammatory. And so now all the other comedians dropped out too.

Feelin' bad for Frank. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Jonah Ray wears skate shoes. I'm guessing

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

kiimo posted:

I was offered by a friend who is working on this to sit in yesterday while they filmed.

I couldn't make it work. :(

Mods? MODS???

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Hi I'm back from the daed

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

:stare:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I was staring at the topless woman felating a gun that stuff's good too I guess

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Something else I learned about Angel's Revenge:

quote:

Ironically, despite the film's supposed anti-drug message, actresses Robin Greer and Liza Greer (who played Elaine and Trish respectively) would write a tell-all book in the 1990s about their experiences with drugs and prostitution in Hollywood at the time this film was made.

:barf::barf::barf:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I watched the Rifftrax of Stone Cold (starring Brian Bosworth) today and I have to comment on what a terrible movie it is. The hero has a real Mitchell-esque unredeemability to him. and by the end of the movie his undercover "investigation" has led to the deaths of a few dozen cops, countless innocent bystanders and the entire state supreme court (along with everyone else in the courtroom). It's really exceptionally bad.

It stinks!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

BooDoug187 posted:

Amazon Prime streaming has several Rifftrax movies on it. I watched Mega Force on sunday and wow, I forgot how dumb that movie was!

Amazon Prime is supposed to launch in Canada today and I'm eagerly refreshing waiting to see if Rifftrax will be included.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I had to watch it a few times but I've actually come to like The Final Sacrifice. It's got a certain charm to it.

e:

Acinonyx posted:

I have watched 'I Accuse My Parents' more times than I am comfortable admitting and it entertains me every time.

Also one of my favorites, although I wish the parents had been in it more. They seemed like fun people.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mister Kingdom posted:

sister oddly attractive.

Wow way to push back against southern stereotypes. :laugh:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Megaweapon was the true protagonist.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It's hilarious because they're so brutal on Tim Van Patten, who went on to have an amazing career working on some of the best TV shows ever like The Wire, The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood etc.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Junkie Disease posted:

https://www.zazzle.com/theofficialmst3k
Im excited about my tiki mug. But the this crap is stinky

Why would they make branded stuff that says "Mystery Science Theater 3000" and not stuff that says "Gizmonic Institute" :psyduck:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lothar posted:

This is something interesting.

Well, I think we all know what Rowsdower would do. (After a few beers that is)

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Awww come on mannnnnn

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I was looking for a funny letter from the Xerox testing department that they read on an ep I watched last week and I found a great thread from 1992 alt.tv.mst3k about sending a letter in from the newsgroup.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!msg/alt.tv.mst3k/i51jhnuHFTw/0X2n4LyJO5QJ

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The Ape of Naples posted:

I was curious so I Googled. Though you might mike this.
http://cheesyflix.com/cheepnis/mstzap_1.html

Apparently Frank Zappa was a huge fan and it was in the works that he would do a guest spot when he died. :(

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Senior Woodchuck posted:

There's like 15 years between those movies.

Look buddy not everyone owns the Look Who's Talking Critereon Collection, okay?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

raditts posted:

I'm sure you know this already by now, but boy does that movie go downhill fast. Apparently that movie is the reason they started watching the movies in their entirety before they choose them to riff.

Yeah but the real reason is because there's a rape or something in it and they realized there was no way to riff and make it funny.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Trace Beaulieu is a funny way to spell TV's Frank.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

remusclaw posted:

They are both amazing and their podcast is great. Their podcast was the impetus for my finally catching both Sunset Boulevard and LA Confidential.

Yeah it is, I've only heard a couple but they have great and funny rapport. I wish they would bring their travelling riff show to my town. :(

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Egbert Souse posted:

I'd be easy on them since most of the Brains are fairly progressive. Read Frank's Facebook sometime.

Read Franks twitter. It's 90% him arguing with random people trashing Hillary.

https://twitter.com/FrankConniff

He's hilarious but the dude needs to take a walk some time. Get some fresh air. The election was like 6 mos ago.

E: looks like he toned it down a bit

Reince Penis fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 4, 2017

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Gamera is a friend to children everywhere!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Pretty weak backlash itt

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I uhh didn't realize the fathom event this week includes "A SPECIAL VIDEO SEGMENT BY RICH “LOWTAX” KYANKA" lol

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Seeing as it was discussed here recently, I'd like to present some good old fashioned nightmare fuel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsUM9r8ctsI&t=636s

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Man I'm getting so desperate for live riffs up here in Canada I may have to book and promote a Mads are Back show myself.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I've tweeted at both of them about coming to Toronto but it never happens. I'd love for them to do a Cronenberg flick.

Especially Crash, the car crash amputee fetishist one, but I'd settle for Scanners or The Dead Zone.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bicyclops posted:

Punisher also sucks, particularly in the current political climate. Frankly, even Daredevil is barely okay. gently caress the Defenders, they should just focus on Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, and I guess let Daredevil drag along since it was the start of the whole Netflix thing.

Punisher is basically just the "Is Batman too fascist?' question answered with "Well.. do we care? Do we maybe like him for that?" Despite that, He's the best part of Daredevil season 2 (because it's bad, and season 1 isn't a hell of a lot better), but as a protagonist, his "original antihero" thing is boring, staid, and ought to be thrown into the garbage bin.

Counterpoint (badly paraphrased from someone I can't name): Artists don't create society, they reflect it.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I like the Punisher, both his original and modern (ie Ennis and beyond) incarnations even though I totally acknowledge he's a disgusting NRA/right wing power fantasy

For your content: the original B-movie style adaptation would make a great MST3K riff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umYvv7K4Z_I

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Girls Town is one of those movies that I'd be perfectly happy to watch unriffed if I happened across it on a Sunday afternoon and didn't have anything better to do.

Girls Town is loving awesome. Mel Torme, Paul Anka and Mimi Van Doren? Come on!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Ms Boods posted:

He's just a lonely boy.

:hmbol:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mantis42 posted:

Someone on reddit gave me a free ticket to the KC show tomorrow. Hope its good.

Wow I can't belive the Sunshine Band is still touring after all these years!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

bunnyofdoom posted:

I have 6 beers, a bottle of cheap whiskey, and 9 episodes of Iron Fist. Can I do it?

Local Man Arrested for Practising King Fu on Lampost

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I don't know if anyone is interested in this but the Toronto Star found the kid from Johnny Goes to the Fair and took him back to the fair.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/09/03/child-star-of-cne-film-johnny-at-the-fair-returns-to-the-ex-70-years-later.html

I had no idea he became an artist, I've stared at those hockey murals they mention in the subway 100 times.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Proteus Jones posted:

If you need a Matt Frewer fix, watch Eureka.

He's great in this 2 season Canadian crime drama called Intelligence as a sketchy dirt bag government agent.

It's a pretty good show generally, think The Wire if it was about the Pacific Northwest weed trade and all the gangsters are hosers.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm watching Zombie nightmare on Netflix and I thought the neighborhood looked familiar. So I typed the address of the Twist & Creme into Google Maps, thinking it might be on Gouin Blvd. and would you believe the place is still there?

My dad's family grew up around the corner, and my uncle was a long haired muscle car mechanic a block away. Small world!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mace Bacon posted:

YOU'VE been to the Twist and Chrem?!

I'll have a booth at DragonCon if anyone has any questions about the menu or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Sooooooooo if you're not a backer is all this stuff secret?

Because a comic doesn't sound quite like a twelfth season. :(