Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

ringu0 posted:

Tuesday morning :negative:

don't lord your job over me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Unkempt posted:

In case anyone wants to watch a sci-fi comedy series with Joel Hodgson playing a jumpsuit-clad stoner trapped on a spaceship with a snarky robot voiced by Trace Beaulieu and various other characters, you can find all 8 episodes of 'Other Space' streaming on a thing called 'Dust'.

thanks for posting that... I binged the whole thing the other day and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
heck, food poisoning always makes me feel squishy

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Funky Valentine posted:

It is an incredibly standard beach movie though Little Richard is of a higher quality than the B-list surf bands that beach movies usually got.

"Hmm... I think I know a bright young singer that's hopped up on goofballs right now."

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Bootleg Trunks posted:

NOW YOU CAN CALL ME RAY...

*immediate hatred*

I will not tire of mentioning that Ray Jay Johnson Jr is still somehow alive

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
there is a Family Guy joke about this, but it feels depressing to link in this thread about rather better comedy

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Bob Guccione presents

Caligula

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Jimmy you piece of poo poo

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"Oh, so people are being methodically killed by the Banana Splits."

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt9831136/

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I love that they're constantly doing Virginia Woolf in the Trace Crow era

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Fudgecicle?

my immersion!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I have never made it through this one, somehow

I've seen everything else a jillion times but this one makes my eyes glaze

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Dawgstar posted:

Do you see how creativity can lead to productivity.

no

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"He makes Randy Quaid look subtle and diminutive."

truer now than ever

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Bootleg Trunks posted:

rewatching Deathstalker and the Warriors of hell because trumps ambassador to Denmark is the princess in it.

absolutely baffled by the villains choice of line delivery.

I learned this today and also that Porkins is the "TOP... MEN" Indiana Jones guy

Celebrity Facts

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I vaguely remember a long effortpost meme about Harrison Ford and those other guys being enemies both in WWII and long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Will we find out why the mom in the cymbal monkey story just disappears

cymbalism

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I find it charming that they always pronounce karaoke as karoke

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I love the Fugitive Alien episodes for the same reason

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
both I Love Ken and He Tried to Kill Me with a Forklift, especially during the reprise at the end of the Fugitive Alien 2

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
there was an uproar after the release of one of the Rock Band games bc a Metallica song on there was released in some sort of uncompressed format which was otherwise impossible to get without access to the masters

meanwhile, I'm streaming stuff off the YouTube

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I think my favorite old young people are the ones in Ring of Terror

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Bootleg Trunks posted:

benji murders for the pure thrill of it

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Bootleg Trunks posted:

I just watched that again like last week and can't remember a single thing about it

I'm trying that one again right now. Crow's rant about white actors playing Asian characters is hilarious, but the movie is basically soft white (heh) noise

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I just watched Hillbillies on A Haunted House on Rifftrax, and at some point Mike says (about the two aged distinguished guys) something like "both of these guys wish they were Grand Moff of anything"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Fingals dopple but they don't fall down

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

WhiteHowler posted:

I only ate well-done steak.

When I was seven years old.

same, but wrt the J&B scotch

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

nishi koichi posted:

there are a lot of eps in both nf seasons i didn’t bother rewatching; starcrash, the weird baby santa one, either of the wizards ones, ator. i don’t really care for fantasy settings, holiday movies annoy me, and starcrash was kind of... boring?

my favorite genres to riff are usually crime/noir/beat/bikers, boring space movies with grey, talky jumpsuited squareheaded guys, poo poo like that

this, except exactly the opposite

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
in other news, when I got the Kickstarter email, I assumed it was a statement from Joel about Har Mar the harmer

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

nishi koichi posted:

i thought cave dwellers was great, actually. if ator was less spidery, i might be able to watch it more

Cave Dwellers is my favorite episode, and I appreciate the additional very bad material in its predecessor

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

PostNouveau posted:

The only Fantastic Four movie that reaches the lofty heights of "almost OK"

it's been thoroughly cormanized

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

oh poo poo... sounds as though Oswalt and Day are returning

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 8, 2021

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Joel seems to really like physical artifacts, and I think that's why he's hammering on the Gizmoplex idea.

the shtick on his sketch show was that there was some kind of rotating camera/room situation, and I imagine the Gizmoplex is the current iteration:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_TV_Wheel

(I read in an interview that he'd trademarked Xbox for a bunch of different items, but not video games)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Naked Man Punch posted:

Add in that the show "killed off" his character in S12 and I do have to wonder a little.

didn't he also say something at the end about needing a gig? that gave me the impression it was more that he wanted to be involved full-time but they'd turned him down

I might be conflating answers to two different questions

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I read somewhere, almost certainly here, that Frank gets 5% of the MST3K royalties, but nobody else gets any (other than Joel/Mallon, then just Mallon, now whatever is going on with Joel and Shout)

no idea if it's true. regardless, apparently part of the new deal is that the Rifftrax dudes get some action whenever they sell an episode of MST3K thru Rifftrax.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
first short from the Mads' riff a night or two ago: very 50s office, all the employees are complaining about their boss.

Frank: It's like they all work for Jim Mallon or something.

loving :lmao:

edit:

manager: We need to raise money.
Trace: Why don't you just Kickstart it?

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 15, 2021

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

bees x1000 posted:

trying to remember an episode, might’ve been a rifftrax, where some dude (an astronaut?) ends up on a bizarro mirror earth that’s always on the other side of the sun from regular boring earth

I just remembered that this is technically the premise of Outlaw of Gor, too

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Diabolik900 posted:

I think he’s said he was hired to help with the typing, but that was mostly just self-deprecating humor.

my understanding was that he was literally hired to do that and asked if he could do some of his own jokes. they were so good that he quickly got promoted to head writer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Diabolik900 posted:

What I mean is, I’m pretty sure this story is somewhat exaggerated for comedic effect. He was someone they knew from the comedy scene, not just someone that was hired off the street. Even if his official job description when he was hired was just to type, I don’t think they would hire someone like that and not expect him to contribute comedically, especially considering the “everyone pitches in on everything” way that the original show was produced.

ah, gotcha