Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I'm not surprised animated shows cost a ton, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Jonah Ray was a really good pick and I'm thinking he'll end up ahead of Joel for me.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Lowtax is a waste.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Bobo and Brain Guy kinda felt unnecessary though.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

If they ever have Joel and Mike appear in character they should beat up Jonah similarly.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

HannibalBarca posted:

thinking face emoji

Why? The best seasons of the original run happened after they left :smug:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I guess there was an overlap with Mike and Trace + Frank, but Season 8 is still my favorite.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Someone on reddit gave me a free ticket to the KC show tomorrow. Hope its good.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Live show was pretty good. Felt like it being live helped the jokes flow a lot better and watching it with a lot of other people really heightened the comedy for me.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

What jokes did they make about Boston? The only thing they had for KC was BBQ and Jonah namedropping Topeka.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Awesome news, I was getting a little worried.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Why are we keeping the secret movie secret?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

No thanks.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

business hammocks posted:

Childhood memories of that film are universally disquieting and awful, though. It’s like a dream you’d have when you were really sick.

Speak for yourself, I always liked it.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

There are some problems, but 11 has some of my favorite episodes. Having modern references honestly makes it more immediately funny to me.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

McCloud!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Maximum Overdrive is a good movie, friends :colbert:

e: aren't the rights to both MST3K and Gamera owned by the same people? Why couldn't they do them?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I think the two Godzilla films and This Island Earth are a lot more famous than Starcrash ever was. I certainly hadn't heard of it.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Just start by quoting the many names of Space Mutiny guy then subtly transition to the joke names of all the Star Crash vehicles.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I didn't even know Joel existed for years because I was too young to have seen the show before the Sci Fi era. Even to this day the list of episodes I've seen skew heavily towards the Mike years.

Brain Guy is good.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They should just reveal that in-universe Rifftrax is what Mike and the original bots did after they got back to Earth.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

You're right, they believe he is God. It's not that weird of a concept, most people are religious.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Right, but sometimes you have to shorten a celebrity's resume to just their most important work for brevity's sake.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

So any guess on what the movie from the past 5 years could be?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Burkion posted:

Wait they said a movie from the last five years?

The announcement on last page:

quote:

So, before you ask, I'm still not going to tell you what movies Jonah and the Bots will be riffing this season… but I will tell you that this season's movies include one that I know a lot of you have asked us to riff in the past, and also one that was made in the last five years!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Yea there's more than enough Asylum and Asylum-lite films out there they could do.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The fact that Roger Ebert loved Inframan tells you everything. Its like the end of Ratatouille in a way.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Wait, how could it be "the not too distant future" if they went back in time to Rome for that one season? Also, how do they eat?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It's fitting but still strange to see a 2013 Asylum Film on there.

I assume "The Gauntlet" is the subtitle for this season the way "The Return" was for S11? At first I thought they were doing that Eastwood film.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Cemetry Gator posted:

Come on, TV's Frank is the superior side man. The first guy just didn't have Frank's friendly demeanor...

Wait, we're not talking about the same thing...

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The MST3K movie is the best introduction to the series imo.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Junkie Disease posted:

They can do whole seasons of just Clint Howard. I'd kill for a Shaw Brothers season

Inframan is an obvious choice given the skeleton guys. Mighty Peking Man too. As much as I love Shaw kung fu movies I don't know if that genre works for riffing. What can you say over a 5 minute fight scene?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I love the sliding Godzilla cake.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I don't think I've ever seen a pre Sci Fi era Pearl episode.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Poor Forrester =(

It's always tragic when Torgo appears as an angel and takes a loved one away to second banana heaven.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Wait, why am I running? No one told me to stay.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Hey, it sounds like they worked on the timing issues for the new seasons. That's cool.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Its not so much that its fast as they're clearly recorded separately and crammed together in post. It doesn't sound natural. Still loved S11.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I'm actually spending my day tomorrow with loved ones like some kind of loser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Not to mention it's a complete rip off of Meatballs 2.