Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

If we get $4.5 million tonight, we'll get 8 shorts.

As announced by Not Mike on the livestream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I keep getting the standby card and then it goes dead. Is it on?

I'm watching on Youtube right now, Joel and Bill are discussing which movies was the hardest to riff. (Manos for Joel, Attack of the Neptune Men for Bill.)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Splint Chesthair posted:

This cowtown puppet show just raised $5 million - again. Warms the cockles of your heart.
Keep circulating the tapes links works again!

I want to back personally but I literally have no money, alas.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Never underestimate the psychology of "oh poo poo! It's ending soon!" especially when combined with a good pace to begin with.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

CapnBry posted:

Yeah but Thanksgiving sucks because my stupid family loves me and wants me around and won't stfu so I can watch some MST3K in peace. I guess that's really not an issue with the Gizmoplex though since there will be something new every month and I can just sit quietly by myself and enjoy that instead. Halloween episodes are just easy to add content to. What other holiday theme would it be? Christmas? No thank you. Easter? Flag Day?

It's almost certainly a Christmas special judging by the update post.

"Like I said at the end of our last Kickstarter, I've always loved holiday TV, and the tradition of "special episodes" from Bing Crosby, Charlie Brown, and of course, Rankin/Bass. We've already got three of our own holiday episodes – one each for me, Mike, and Jonah – and now, if we're able to meet this final goal, it'll be Emily's turn. "

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

5.8 M reached!

....I caved and did the $5 pledge with digital season 13 because I. Can't actually afford the $85 tier today.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

IUG posted:

Kinga seems semi-self aware. She knows she's putting on a TV show, so she'll just say she's doing it for the ratings.

People love a reunion episode! And they're nostalgic for old hosts! Just look at Doctor Who!

- Kinga, probably.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

TL posted:

I love Crow's Swayze song.

Crow got us to 6.3 M and you have to respect that.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Let's 👏 get 👏 that 👏 cheese

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Is the worse-than-Manos they've been hyping included in this 13?

Yes. They still haven't said the name of the movie though.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Pinwiz11 posted:

And the last thing we hear is Ed Wynn, as it should be.

If there’s not an Ed Wynn sketch this season, then this whole Kickstarter will have been a ripoff.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Sash! posted:

The credits banter for Space Mutiny.

The whole story about drunk high school Mike, SOME. DAY. LOVE-WILL-FIND-YOU, and "it would have continued to be the 70s if not for you" are my favorites.

“You and your 80s.” “Yeah, your precious 80s.”

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I wanna know what menial labor job Emily has in her song backstory.

And also how they’re going to shove a three syllable name into the rhythm of lines originally written for a one syllable name. :v:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I hope they let the hosts sing the theme again this season

This is the most important bit and what they should absolutely do now that they don’t have Netflix money on top of Kickstarter money.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

TBF my original post was less “how ever are they going to fit a triplet into this very structured theme song” and more “I really like this theme song and think a triplet might be kinda awkward but I can’t wait to hear a new version because I’m a nerd who looks up Youtube videos of all the variations and enjoys it”.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Dante posted:

Awhile back I downloaded Nelsons podcasts because he's funny, and that was some intense :brainworms: in terms of politics. If anything I think it shows how well crafted the show was that stuff like that didn't come through in the humour. Looking at old episodes there's for sure some riffs that wouldn't be done today, but that's just society/culture progressing I think than any specific political leaning.

I only listen to 372 Pages which, like RiffTrax, drives a huge ring around said :brainworms:, probably due to Conner also being on it.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

From what I can tell the situation with Mike’s political views is a) he doesn’t like Trump, b) he’s amicable about it enough to maintain his working relationships for decades even if it’s by the power of never talking politics in the shop, and c) he doesn’t put it in his comedy.

Pretty low bars to clear but it puts him ahead of some people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

zoux posted:

It's always bothered me that "just" is used twice in the final lyric...

You should really just relax.