Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Diabolik900 posted:

According to the Hollywood Reporter article about the deal, it'll be on Netflix in the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the U.K.

Yessssssssssssss! I was worried since the show aired on the Sci Fi channel back when cable and satellite were available for a small percent of the population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Yeah I hope they keep the tone more or less what it was, if you want constant swearing and sex jokes there's plenty of other alternatives out there. The charm of the show was the clever jokes that highlight how stupid the film is without explicitly saying it was horrible.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Bruceski posted:

My dad did that for This Island Earth. He saw it in the theater as a kid, it was one of his favorite movies, and so our watching of the MST was interspersed with "they're leaving out the good parts!"

Well your dad was kinda right if the synopsis I read was accurate, the edit was really noticeable and I haven't even seen the film. I hope no one ever made that defence of Sidehackers though.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, the story of making MST: the Movie was that the studio forced them to make a super short movie under the odd impression that people didn't want to see comedies that were over 80 minutes. That's why the thing was edited to hell and back.

I thought so, I'd heard about the Sidehackers edit and I just couldn't believe that the type of film like This Island Earth would require such drastic cutting for a similar reason. I liked the MST3K Movie when I eventually watched it but I was really taken aback when I saw the runtime and the really clumsy edits. I saw the episode with the Man vs Soup skit a week later and I think I know what the inspiration for that was.

"people don't like the character of Cruella Deville, I know she wasn't in the film but we need to bring down those numbers".

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Speaking of Jim Mallon, I've finally seen those MST3K bot flash toons, :unsmith:

Now you all have to watch too. :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP0nIMKSTz0