Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Fetch me my warrior mumu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Dawgstar posted:

I wonder why the Gumbys never had more children.

Mr. Gumby was too soft?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sydney Bottocks posted:

How about a little sugar for Happy Chef here? :quagmire:

You like my hat? I made it.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Angry_Ed posted:

Was It JK's actor who had the problem? I thought it was Matt's actor (a.k.a. Pink Boy a.k.a. Michael Medved).

Sounds like he wasn't a team player.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Angry_Ed posted:

This probably explains why he padded out his next two movies with a whole lot of goddamn nothing going on. And smoking, and coffee, and sexual assault, and parachuting, and more light aircraft, and extended music/dance party sequences, and people shooting from light aircraft, etc.

Also at least 20 minutes of "water... sick man... water"

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sydney Bottocks posted:

That took place in the middle of a bunch of execution scenes that seemed to last roughly 3 hours.

Remember when that one guard walked all the way to the end of the cell block barn, and then all the way back to the other side? Gripping cinema.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

HopperUK posted:

I mean - a lot of these movies would be way less known without MST3K, wouldn't they? I would never have seen Soultaker in a million years and I kinda love that stupid movie.

Mac & Me is the only film I've seen outside MST3K. I've seen tons of otherwise obscure films because of the show.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Hogama posted:

They weren't very kind to Invasion of the Neptune Men.

That film gave Tom Roji-Panty Complex!!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I had a pretty MIND!!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Is this the one where they're dancing and singing at the end and Servo just starts shrieking "END! EEENNNDDD! END!"?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

precision posted:

You could cut Cry Wilderness down to one second

BANG

Paul Rudd has the perfect short version of Mac & Me that he shows when he goes on Conan.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Thanos: The "Hands" of Fate

(not mine)

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Lowtax posted:

Hey, I can probably get Mike to do some Q&A in this thread if you guys want

Question: So in Space Mutiny, where there any nicknames for Big McLargehuge that you couldn't use? (due to time or S&P)

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Bang bang bang Watchtower dammit!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I feel like we'll get through this coronavirus thing just fine if we just Ben Murphy it up...

Keep on keepin' on ya turkeys! :dance:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Dawgstar posted:

There's always something cathartic in the midst of that bit where Tom just screams.

That always makes me laugh.

At the end of one film he just starts screaming "END!! END!!!!", I can't remember which one. Girl in Gold Boots maybe?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

YES! Thank you!

Another Bill posted:

Is this the thirstiest movie MST3K ever did?

Giant Spider Invasion would be but they cut out all the attempted sex assault bits, thankfully

Definitely Horrors of Spider Island.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Ballz posted:

I’ll let this New York Times review from 1975 take it away:

quote:

Mitchell, starring Joe Don Baker as a hard-nosed Los Angeles detective named Mitchell, has a lot of over-explicit violence, some gratuitous sex stuff and some rough language, yet it looks like a movie that couldn't wait to get to prime-time television. Perhaps it's a pilot film for a TV series, or maybe it's just a movie that's bad in a style we associate with some of the more mindless small-screen entertainments.

Mitchell spends what seems to be the greater part of the film climbing in and out of automobiles, driving automobiles, chasing other automobiles, parking automobiles, and leaning against the body of automobiles that are temporarily at rest. Once he smashes a hoodlum's hand in the door of an automobile.

The climax, for a giddy change of pace, features a police helicopter in pursuit of a high-speed cabin cruiser. Automobiles sink when driven onto water.

Terrible review! They forgot all the times Mitchell spends drinking in bed (which feels like a significant percentage of the film).

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Angry_Ed posted:

Next time on Mitchell, "The Cloverleaf"

Speaking of Dune Buggies, has anyone ever found out the context to the riff Mike makes during the random beach dune buggy scene in Girl in Gold Boots where he goes "This makes me want to throw hard candy at people!" It was used in another episode in a similar scene/context (that I can't recall now) so I figured it must've been a reference to something that happened to one of the members of BBI.

I think it was because the dune buggy looked kinda like the little cars Shriners drive in parades, tossing candy at the crowds.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

loosenukes posted:

I love that Lowtax offered a Mike Q&A three weeks ago and instead of everyone saying yes, we just quoted the show for 5 pages.

Burkion posted:

Let's be super honest, not a single one of us would have asked anything worthwhile for the man

I remember trying to come up with a question, but quoting the show is really the best I can do.

I do sorta wonder if he's still living in that sweet studio apartment (right on the bus line too) and if he has any of that rice left.

Or toilet paper... people here keep buying it all up...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Ms Boods posted:

I hadn't clocked them before, but the versions up on Youtube that are the cinema editions are great -- it's neat seeing the extra bits of the films that were snipped off, but also simply how gorgeous some of the films are (after watching fuzzy versions or washed out versions for years).

So far we've done The Incredible Melting Man and Hobgoblins -- the latter makes a hell of a lot more sense with some of the edited scenes put back in. Never realised just what a beautiful shade of prune Kevin's muscle car really is.

He's also done Riding with Death, except he's uploaded it as its original two Gemini Man episodes; Mr Boods had an epiphany now that after gently caress knows how many years, he understands that Riding with Death isn't a movie that suddenly loses all of its characters and plot direction and veers off into something else after an hour. (Making 'movies' out of slammed together episodes of a failed TV series isn't a thing here in the UK).

Did Hobgoblins have subtitles? What was the Club Scum house band saying?

Fish picker, pig licker, or pig liquor?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Wow.

I feel like "Kiss Kicker" makes even less sense...

Do they have a grudge against Gene Simmons?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Everything Counts posted:

You can pet Joe Don Baker if you want to. Ain't no law says you can't! I wouldn't, though. That old Joe is kinda rank.

"You think you can pet me? You go ahead on."

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I love that when I hear the name "Buffalo Bill" I think more about "It puts the lotion on it's skin, or else it gets the hose again" rather than the wild west guy.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sydney Bottocks posted:

You can almost see the 1970s TV Guide "Fall Lineup" ad, with Mitchell coming on at 10, right after the jiggle sitcoms.

Jiggle sitcoms?

Tell me more...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

rydiafan posted:

You mean like the multiple times it's been discussed in the last half dozen posts?

The only two acceptable topics are:

1. Packers (woo)
    2. How often should your back brace be laundered

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Have we discussed where the fish live? I feel this is a topic rife with potential.

Also: How many times a lady is Mike anyway?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Cemetry Gator posted:

NASA keeps refusing my plans. The heads claim that they won't spend money to get the rights to various movies.

Those interns are starting to get really bored up there.

Did you try asking Elon?

He seems a small step away from going full Mad...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Mr. Fowl posted:

"Uh, Elon, I don't think twelve oil drums welded together is a submarine..."

Elon immediately calls Joel or Mike a "pedo guy".

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you better hide

your lunchhhhh

Don't mind me, I'll just be dancing around wearing a triangle... facing the wall.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Smash Side-Iron

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
What is this "Children of the Damned day" at the brain institute here?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
My absolute favorite quote in the film, maybe in the whole series, is when the Fat Man is pounding on the door to the bar and Tom goes "WATCHTOWER DAMMIT!!!"

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Angry_Ed posted:

Today I learned that Miguel Angel Fuentes, better known to MST3K viewers as Vadinho from Pumaman, also had a one-scene role in a Charles Bronson movie wherein...well...

https://twitter.com/thejoshl/status/1221565325755527169

"And everyone in the bar stood and clapped"

https://i.imgur.com/hl6rqMh.mp4

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Great... now where am I gonna get another personal firetruck?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Another Bill posted:

Yeah me too. I actually like Joe Estevez in almost (*cough*rollergator) anything. He seems like a good dude who spent his life as a working actor.

Also he plays a version of himself on Tim Heideckers movie review show On Cinema, creating hilarious moments like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMTsSMttjdI&t=237s

Wow, I've never see that guy out of the Neil Hamburger character before.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Jose Oquendo posted:

If you watched Ant-Man, you did without realizing it.

OK, wow. Baskin-Robbins always finds out...

I remember spotting Tim Heidecker in the sequel.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

John Murdoch posted:

It's a Giant Spider Invasion of savings down at Menards! :buddy:

I always loved how they were never shy to make a reference that they had to know 85-90% of viewers wouldn't get. I lived in Minnesota at the time so we had Menards, but I've never seen the store in any other state though. I wonder how widespread they are.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
The medieval Tom Servo quartet sing "Sweet Delta Lady" is one of my favorites, also the Behind the Music: The band that sang California Lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Angry_Ed posted:

"Deep Deep TONGUE" :pervert:

But yeah, RIP to one of the greatest

"Mmm... You smell like a tire store"