Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Is there any recordings of the new liveshows you can buy? I'm sad that there's no more new MST3K and need that poo poo in my veins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
You pay 50$ upfront instead for 3 months

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Is anyone else watching the premiere today at 5?

Do I just sit on this link around when it's supposed to start?

https://www.gizmoplex.com/packages/gizmoplex-3-month-pass/videos/premiere-1301-santo

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I like the change from Gypsy to GPC

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This beepy intermission music is equal parts catchy and irritating.

I hate it so much lol.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
What... What did Matt McGinnis mean when he said "Well that sure is some strange fruit," to Jonah Heston talking about fretless guitars and Bass???

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 7, 2022

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I really hope MST3K makes it with this crazy 135$ a year / 50$ a season thing, because it seems absolutely insane to me monetarily, but at the same time if it works, it means that they'll be able to do this poo poo forever.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Whales aren't the monsters, they're the heroes that make the whole system work.

But if you kickstarted for more 85$, I'd personally consider you a whale, because that's just the buying in point for the season, so anyone who wanted a year pass would have to pay that much minimum.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Gaspy Conana posted:

I'm enjoying the most recent episode quite a bit but the theme song intro part drives me nuts. Until now the intro sequences have been amazing at setting the tone and this one just bums me out.

I don't mind it being motion graphics heavy but it's just a total low effort drag and is 80% a single static shot.

Even with the limited green screen footage it's possible to make a killer intro with clever compositing work and direction. I'd be embarrassed to show anyone new an episode with that at the beginning.

source your quotes

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Gaspy Conana posted:

Are you asking me to post my own compositing work? Like, I will because I made an entire videogame full of it, but it'd be pretty off topic.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2695

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
What the gently caress is that puppet? And the creepy dude and..? What the gently caress is Munchie the movie???

The Munchie episode might be one of the best.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jun 3, 2022

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I have never liked Crow's voice, except for very recently, and I don't think it's sticking around because I only heard it from the understudy in #1303 (Atlantis.) Still that one's my favorite so far.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Munchie makes the entire kickstarter and price of admission worth it, that's an instant MST3K classic

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
That's my favorite part, nu-crow needs to scream "THAT'S MY PURE I DON' KNOW YOU!!!!"

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Jonah actually is the best, especially since I have to assume most of the Joel and Mike fans are senile and / or dead by now.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
No I don't actually believe that, I'm a Mike fan. :(

I loved the brain guy and the monkey segments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Imagined posted:

It's cool that they set up this Gizmoplex thing and reinvented the wheel with :10bux:, spit and bailing wire instead of making a deal with any of the dozens of multi-million-dollar companies who've already figured this whole streaming thing out like Youtube, Twitch, Netflix, Hulu, Dailymotion, Amazon, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount+, HBO Max, or loving PBS, lol. If only delivering live video over the internet was a problem repeatedly solved over a decade ago!

This but unironically.

No-one else gets a cut, they have full creative control, no-one can jerk them around, I'd rather put up with a few bugs and know they're secure in their future.