Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Back in 1999-2000, after the show was canceled from SFC, they auctioned off a bunch of props from the show on Ebay, and I bought more of them than I probably should have. Fast forward 20 years, and my wife and I are moving again, and I do not want to move some of these large items a third time. I enjoyed them, but it's time to move on, and I would like to give another fan the opportunity to own a piece of the show's history.

Good news: These items are completely free.
Bad news: They are far too big to ship (I do not even remotely want to bother.) so you have to come get them. I live in the Nashville area (TN).

This is the Mads' console from the Comedy Central days. There are a ton of extra components to this (blinking lights, a satellite dish, etc.) in the box. I just didn't want to set it all up for the photo, since the majority of that stuff is very fragile. It has wheels, so it's easy to move, but since it's 3' tall (from floor to desktop) it's unwieldy.

A closeup of the keyboard.

These are the doors that led to the hallway sequence (or the greenscreen, at least). Obviously, these still have the Sci-Fi era decoration, but I believe they were the doors used in the Comedy Central days, too. I did not want to tear off the plastic panels and see if there was a big G underneath. There are two of them (leaning against each other) and they are about 78" x 66" each, soo... yeah

This is the SOL-shaped "latch". It is detachable. I just leaned it there for the photo.

I couldn't find the "Certificate of Authenticity" for the doors, but I do have the one (signed by Jim Mallon and "Beez" McKeever) for the console. If you're interested, PM me or reply to this thread. I really want them to go to a good home. If anyone can arrange to get these out of my garage, you would be doing me a favor.

I can provide more photos, answer questions, whatever. Let me know, and thanks for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Everything Counts posted:

I have never wanted to live in Nashville more than I do at this moment.

No amount of TV paraphernalia would make it worth it

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Mom... my nuts?

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

It was nice of you to give that dead woman another chance, sir.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

Mike doubling over trying to keep from exploding after Kevin's "DEAR GOD I HATE YOU!" is definitely a top tier moment for the series.

That psychic woman getting irrationally angry in Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders (My god, David!) has a similar vibe, and it cracks me up

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

My dad and I rented this sci-fi movie once, and it was so bad, we didn't even finish it. I couldn't even remember the name until it showed up on MST3K.

Turns out it was Space Mutiny.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

I sure do love the Yelling Channel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Doesn't the diabolik get owned at the end? It's been a while since I've seen that one but he's alive but stuck under molten gold right?

Not to take ANYTHING away from the police...