Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Godzilla vs Sea Monster (Ebirah) is watchable, though I say that as a huge Godzilla fan.

That movie makes way more sense when you learn it was originally supposed to be King Kong instead of Godzilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Wow, Servo is way closer to Kevin than I thought he would be. Crow sounds kind of in between Trace and Bill. They both sound good!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Carecat posted:

New Crow is solid, he sounds like the old one and manages to match the personality. New Tom isn't working for me so far and doesn't have the range of Kevin. Don't have much of an opinion on Jonah or Felicia yet but Patton feels like he fits right in.

I feel pretty much the same way. Crow is kind of the anchor for me here, it would be harder for me to get used to this if he wasn't so spot on. Having said that, I liked the first episode. It definitely has the feel of the old show even if the riffs are way too frantic. I'm hoping they settle in a bit as the season goes on.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

The Giant Spider Invasion live show was a delight. It featured a truly horrifying short with marionettes who control the telecommunications system, and the unedited version of 'Invasion' is... certainly a thing. There's a line Mike says in the MST version that went something like "And the movie ramps up the repulsion!" when Farmer Back Brace is chasing his teenage sister-in-law and there's a lot more of that in the full film. I mean, good God, Wisconsin. What's your deal?

They showed the un-MSTed Giant Spider Invasion at the Milwaukee Film Fest a few years ago and they had the director Bill Rebane come out and intro it. He just looked into the crowd and said something along the lines of "I don't know why any of you are here or why you want to watch this".

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

You know it's spring when the executioners start getting in the house...

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I got to see unriffed Giant Spider Invasion in a theater and they had Bill Rebane come out to intro it and he basically said "this movie is awful and I have no idea why any of you are here" and everyone applauded, it was incredible

and yes, at the end of the movie the crowd was yelling "PACKERS" at the appropriate parts

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

I'm trying to watch the Screaming Skull but there's no skull there!

screaming semicolon skull

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

zoux posted:

Tom meltdowns I think are my favorite Servo bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

you know it's spring when the executioners start getting in the house...

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

the whole pitch has just felt like “More MST3K? I guess?? :shrug:” which isn’t very motivating

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I can see the overlap, if you’re a fan of cheesy, mockable garbage that goes on for way too long then you are also going to love MST3K

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

want a piece of milk?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

he's SO nude!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

You should randomly call him Steve.

or Art

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

YOU THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME??? GO AHEAD ON!!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

just watched Santa Claus...that's a weird movie. Satan is just capering around like a Batman villain and also Merlin works for Santa for some reason?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

lot of Joe Estevez erasure going on in here...

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Sash! posted:

Last Clear Chance isn't in the Midwest. Meridian, Idaho is farther west than Las Vegas.

why don't they look...at a map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Empty Sandwich posted:

ah... the most Midwestern of exchanges

I love that one where they get the wrong Nelson family to talk to Mike and they just end the conversation with “well…I ‘spose…” now that’s a Midwestern exchange