Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Heath posted:

Whose idea was it to make a feature length movie out of a show that is about watching a movie

It wasn't even the entire movie. They had to edit it to make it fit into the time constraints. They did the same film during the live show at the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Conventio-con-expo-fest-arama, but it was uncut. Sadly, they left a lot of good jokes on the cutting room floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Heath posted:

Whose idea was it to make a feature length movie out of a show that is about watching a movie

Jim Mallon

he also made a series of flash cartoons a couple years back to "reboot" the franchise

go find them on youtube if you want to see something worse than CAD: the animated series

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfAQORlhEQg

That is bad

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

reallivedinosaur posted:

Jim Mallon

he also made a series of flash cartoons a couple years back to "reboot" the franchise

go find them on youtube if you want to see something worse than CAD: the animated series

When he was in college, he was part of the Pail-And-Shovel party at his college (The University of Wisconsin at Madison). They won the student elections handily, and used to student funds to do many odd (fun?) things. On the first day of the semester, they decorated the quad with 10,000 pink, plastic flamingos. The party kept making wild announcements like changing the name of the college to "The University of New Jersey", so they could claim to be Ivy league. One thing they promised was to bring the Statue of Liberty to the college. Then, one morning, they announced that they tried, but the helicopter carrying the statue dropped it into nearby Lake Mendota. They stated that the statue had broken through the ice, and now was resting on the bottom of the lake, a short distance from shore. People who went out were able to see part of it.

(This is all recounted in the book If at all Possible, Involve a Cow, the Book of College Pranks.)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

The Sphinxster posted:

joel/murphy/beaulieu is the holy trinity

Preach, brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

reallivedinosaur posted:

i dont feel good about the reboot

i really, really, really hope they stick with the old formula

but i have a feeling, with the people involved, they are going to try and pander to the ghostbusters 2016 crowd

don't do it joel!

I saw Jonah Ray (the new human on the SOL) at the rifftrax MST3K reunion show and his riffing was pretty funny and fit the MST style pretty well. I'm not too worried about him but idk about the new guys playing crow and tom, I don't know what they'll be like and I am a little worried about that.

reallivedinosaur posted:

Jim Mallon

gently caress Jim Mallon, iirc he was the reason Joel left. If you need more proof that he sucks please see

That was his doing.

• Locked thread