Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Lazerbeam posted:

I take it you've never been to London
Is it chavs who started this poo poo or something? English folks can't talk poo poo on our gun laws if they spawned the colloquial use of the already-stupid "fam".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Hypocrite. I saw Lowtax when the loving Royals won last year. He had his face painted blue like Mel Gibson and he was throwing poo poo at cars.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
This thread has certainly begun a metamorphosis. We went from laughing at creepy losers to psychoanalysis purty quick.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Mak0rz posted:

Are you trying to say your dating life is peer-reviewed?
This thread has already turned into Pick's Dating Game, so why not?

I swear, people who talk about dating more than they date sit around wondering what their problem is. "Why can't I find a person that x,y,z?" You totally can, even if you're a gross hog. It probably has more to do with people not knowing what they want or how to accept others. Cry me a river.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Moridin920 posted:

dunno know that I've ever seen someone blame the holocaust on women before
They're half of society. Half of it is on them.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

fappenmeister posted:

Had to diffuse a situation

fappenmeister posted:

total fuckwit

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Sorry, but I've seen this like twenty times irl this month alone and it's making me chew through the sides of my face.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
As long as you feel I acted as I should of.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Hell, the last guy going "you're obviously a slut because you use tindr and yeah I'm on it too, but not to hook up like you whores and why didn't you give my friend your telephone number" even has a pic of him holding up a pupper and trying to look cute next to it.

There is no trick so low it seems, that they won't try it. "Look, I'm holding a dog. This demonstrates that I am a caring and sensitive and loyal and dimwitted mooshpuff that's easily scared by lightning." If I were a lady, I'd probably be skeptical just seeing that dudes pic. Hmm. That's his gimmick, is it? Like, Jesus, didn't you dudes go to high school and see that that poo poo never worked and if anything just made other dudes laugh at you more?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Benny Harvey posted:

Pics with animals are pretty standard for dating sites/apps though?
At least do something creative. Like holding up an alligator snapping turtle. That shows commitment.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Blue Train posted:

wait what's wrong with wanting to be choked
Babymakers are not supposed to enjoy sex, normal or deviant.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
*girl says no*

*rapes girl*

"Heh, loving slut. Zero respect."

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

King Vidiot posted:

:chloe:

Umm, is this guy walking the streets? Why hasn't he been extradited to one of these countries of offense and thrown into some kind of political prison? Because I'm pretty sure that guy's very existence counts as a war crime.
If it's who I think it is, about a year ago he was supposed to do a book tour in Australia and they declined his visa.

A whole continent told him to gently caress off for being a disgusting human being.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
In chimpanzee society, non-breeding males are generally sent out to defend territory while the alpha male fucks any woman he wants and kills young potential rivals. Meanwhile a lot of the females gently caress whoever when the alpha male isn't looking.

Take a lesson, MRAs. If you're just screwed in looks/smarts/stature, just be the one night stand that she regrets. Plenty of guys figure out this trick and graduate into scum.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Azuth0667 posted:

What the gently caress did you guys do to this thread? Where are the pictures of idiots wearing trash bags raging about being friendzoned.

It reached its inevitable internet conclusion and passed the event horizon about 3 pages ago when people started arguing about TERFs and "political lesbians" and getting even more fringe bordering on all-sex-is-rape kinda rhetoric. It was funny for a while. Hell, it's still kinda funny. But that's just because we've got a bunch of serious people in here who post whatever diarrhea spills out of their heads.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Fat Shat Sings posted:

i'm fine with Pick constantly projecting though. It actually serves to disprove her when the list of things that "All Men Are" reaches 100+ different specific issues she personally has
Then let's at least amend the title to "You rapist cavemen don't deserve a princess like me"

:sparkles:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

I completely sympathize with your position and I bet it's all kinds of annoying to be condescended to by people who aren't even as good at said game as you are. It's only become clear to me in the last few years just how creepy dudes can be (like, I've been creeped on at gay/straight bars and stuff, but never e-stalked). And seeing what girl friends have to put up with is a mix of pathetic and despicable. That said, you should probably get used to insensitive, dumb and just plain rude jokes because you sure as hell can't stop them.

And yes, always turn off voice chat with anyone you don't know irl. Voice chat is just how people with low wpm say stupid poo poo faster.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I honestly think less of anyone who can't type at better than 30 wpm. I can maintain 50+ wpm with zero errors, faster if I allow the occasional typo. :smug:
I can do spelling, but caps and punctuation trip me up like a bible villain in a chariot race.

Pot Of Shoe posted:

Oh bud, believe me, I've gotten used to the onslaught as much as one can. I play many different video games and have kept my gender to myself in so many that I know that no matter what people will say rude things, but do you see how this thread is about sharing experiences of nice guys?
I would share, but I haven't met many and for the sake of their date-to-gently caress ratio they prefer to remain anonymous.

phasmid fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 30, 2016

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I even text with proper spelling and grammar, barring those occasions when autocorrect seems to have been drinking especially hard that day.
You leave autocorrect on? Oh ho, now my paltry 46wpm doesn't seem so bad...

vvv Cmon dude. I made the primate case pages ago. vvv

phasmid fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 30, 2016

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Mght as well leave this here:

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-34607031

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

SneakyFrog posted:

I hate it when a lady can crush a big mac faster than I... its emasculating.
It's worse when it's pizza, because then your primal instincts kick in and your brain's all "alright, bitch, that was your half. Don't touch that piece DONT EVEN-"

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

SneakyFrog posted:

its easier to stack slices of pizza dammit. stacking big macs is hard and i can only like fit 3 on a chopstick
I will confess I usually just get 5 of the cheapest burger and have never even had a big mac to my recollection.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

SneakyFrog posted:

count yourself lucky then classy thin most likely attractive goon.
I am no longer thin :(

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

SneakyFrog posted:

its 3 and thats me yo. thats the pizzaperson

I can be both. Don't box me in.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Troposphere posted:

that's a lot of goddamn burgers dudes
It's all relative, but you are also right.

Azuth0667 posted:

If you're going to eat pizza make it yourself :colbert:.
I can't make sauce from scratch like you, Mithra. You going to come by and show me how? I mean, I can throw dough but sauce is hard.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Rabble posted:

I'm against plastic surgery on the principle that you are disguising what your hideous children will look like by hiding your terrible genetics. Its basically fraud!
Love me for I have no longer a pignose
Love my babes though pignose have they

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

NomChompsky posted:

You know what pick we're friends now and that means I have to be honest with you because that's what friends do but here goes: while dragon age 2 was Fun, it was Lazy and they reused too many resources.
I will simply never understand the appeal of that game.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Pick posted:

Question: is it a "big deal" that people know basically what Anthony Wiener's wiener looks like? Is it really an issue that people have an impression of your junk? Don't you assume most people can guess from your pants?

If you're standing up with your shirt tucked in and a hard-on, yes. Otherwise, maybe maybe not. It's just your dick and balls in a sort of uniform orb. Penises can change size and shape, too!

Also Dragon Age was overrated as all hell. Everyone has the same skillset, every dungeon is identical, the story is even more linear than Mass Effect (your choices only affect who you can bang) and the only thing you see in the main city is a few tents for vendors and a couple of barrels by the docks. It has less decoration than most old top-down snes RPGs. It would be okay from a first timer or an indie firm, but it's friggin' Bioware and they have a lot to live up to. 2/10.

e. DA2, that is. Never played 1 and I have no plans to revisit the franchise even tho people I know who play go "but but inquisition is soooo much better". Nope.

phasmid fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 2, 2016

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

NecroMonster posted:

there are people who complained loudly about the changes mass effect 2 made from mass effect 1

Yeah, but most saved their complaints for 3, which really wasn't near as good as ME 2. So much less to do. But they were all really pretty and atmostpheric, unlike DA, which is just drab. Fucksake, that game came out like 7 years after Oblivion. There's really no excuse in a sword and sorcery game for how dull it was. If that story about them rushing the game out to meet a deadline is true, it explains a lot.\

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm going to start posting random pics from the Tumblr mock thread that was killed by DA2 trolling if all the videogame chat keeps up.
It's always us nice guys who are made to suffer.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
One I've always liked and I'll just repeat here since I'll never use it:

"I can't tell you how happy I am that we met
I'm strangely attracted to you
There's someone I'm trying so hard to forget
Don't you want to forget someone too?"

IMO that stands a much better chance of getting a phone call than the chorus of some dumb pop track. Christ, it's not even a song straight dudes would listen to and I refuse to believe a gay dude would be that oblivious if he were going to make "pick-up cards". Especially not (stereotype incoming!) with such lousy design.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
:golfclap:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Is there like a happy opposite of nice guys? Like, dudes who are total dicks and just accept that their lovely behavior and attitude prevents them from getting laid but won't stop because being a jerk is kinda fun?
Guess someone hasn't been paying attention. Chicks love jerks.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Negging is just the dumbest poo poo. Never met any actual PUAs, but I simply can't follow their reasoning.

"Oh man, she is totally out of my league! Wait a sec! If I make her feel like complete puketrash and destroy her entire day's worth of self esteem and pride, she won't care about herself at all anymore and I can swoop in and gently caress her!"

It's like, do you hear yourself, you slug-eating amphibian? You're actually insulting yourself, you despicable shitbrain.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
All I can imagine is a young Tim Burton beating him up for his lunch money.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Heath posted:

Think of it in game terms. A 9 is going to have a much higher defense rating than a 6, but the 9 is worth much more XP. If you yourself are but a 5 on a good day, you need to cast debuffs on her in the form of a neg to bring down her defense to the level a 5 might have. You can't just insult her outright or you might activate her trap card (taser) so you have to cast a spell and hope you roll well.
"Hey baby, you shower lately? 'Cause I got swampwalk." :smaug:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol at someone being upset that they're out of shape and not good looking and people may judge them for that.
"They should call this the Museum of me having to use marital aids!"
"They should call this das unterderseaboat of ignoring me!"
"I can read your thoughts...you're thinking...'she's a marshmallow'!"

She's not much to look at and her brainpower is questionable too. As someone said earlier, she doesn't have to fit any standard of beauty, but holy poo poo it's just as creepy when girls can't handle rejection. It just tends to manifest differently.

Also, yeah, girls can look good in suits. Just none of the ones that have been posted here.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

YeahTubaMike posted:

l*na d*nh*m is a disgusting pig (regardless of physical appearance) and i hate her

trying to avoid sounding the j*st*g*r alarm :ohdear:
:siren: DES MOINES DES MOINES :siren:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Mr. Belding posted:

She's a killer writer, but yes.
I did not see the ghostbusters movie(s). Until this thread I wasn't even aware it was up for any awards. Best sound effects? Best score?

TYOOL 2016 maybe best pic. I don't give a gently caress.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I love that postcoital moment when my robowife is laying next to me, her unblinking eyes like those of a cadaver. I light up a cigarette and her eyes automatically mist as she blinks. The moment is gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

ikanreed posted:

How broken do you have to be to think you're being wronged by other people who don't seek you out?

I mean, obviously the same level of broken as to be a loving murderer, I guess.

Ugly Gatsby's Adventures at Uni.

• Locked thread