Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

An important distinction is that the "bottom of the barrel" for men, by man standards, is a really ugly woman. A "bottom of the barrel" for women, by woman standards, is someone who will try to kill us if we leave

Because violence against men is so rare right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
yup that sure was hilarious. Not extremely sad at all.

Anyone want to go set some homeless people on fire with me?

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

I'm not going to watch any of that, but the picture of him petting the horse is sad.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
except for people like elliot rodgers (who had a developmental disorder) I think a lot of it is missing out on childhood social development, which kind of fucks up your ability to pick up other skills later. I'm not sure that's something that can ever be made up for...

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

They call me war if the world's cause I'm a tripod

also because you're dying from complications of pneumonia

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab posted:

Seriously though, what's this thread about?

Laughing at people lower down the social ladder, and people with neurological disorders

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

PallasAthene posted:

When I was in high school, one of my friends didn't like this guy I went out with for a while, and one of his complaints about the guy was "The only reason he has all those muscles is because he spends all kinds of time at the gym! He's not just like that normally! If he stopped working out then he wouldn't look like that!

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

PallasAthene posted:

This thread is making me reevaluate every friendship I've ever had with a male and worry about whether he was just playing a covert long game, or if I was somehow unknowingly taking advantage of him.

If a platonic male friend brings me coffee in the morning, but I bring him frozen yogurt after lunch, do I still owe him sex to make sure that I've not using him as a beta resource-provider?

tbh, some women really do take advantage of men they know are attracted to them, because some women are bad people. If you were bringing him stuff, you're not that kind of person.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

IT BURNS posted:

Can we go back to talking about Elliot Rodger and his manifesto?

(Read the whole thing in one sitting, nearly crying laughing the whole time until I remembered that he viciously murdered six people, hope this helps)

Literally one of the most unpleasant, sad things I've read. still don't see how any of it is funny

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

I don't find it ha-ha funny, more like "there are guys out there who will murder me because they think this way and it's utterly demented and a symptom of pervasive social ills" funny

it's a symptom of a neurological disorder

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

I genuinely just don't get what makes us seem scary.

They're attracted to you, but they know you hold literally all the cards (because they're unattractive). It's pretty inevitably going to cause resentment.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

cheetah7071 posted:

She isn't morally culpable for stringing him along as long as it's unintentional

well yeah, but how likely is that

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Rabble posted:

Maybe focusing on their own hobbies and interests will attract people who share those same hobbies and interests, reversing the negative feedback loop that they've been stuck in and giving them positive experiences with normal, well-adjusted people.

:spergin:

unless they're ugly

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
this is bordering on delusional. There are plenty of legitimately ugly people.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

killstealing posted:

turn on ur monitor

wow

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Moon Atari posted:

It is probably rare that someone's appearance completely shuts them out of dating, in a way that they can't change by cleaning themselves up a little. But I do have a friend who was born with birth defects (missing about a quarter of his digestive tract and half a lung) which gave him the physique of a starving African child and a bunch of surgical scars. He is very outgoing, has a huge social circle, and is successful in all areas of life outside of dating. With women though he said that he had almost given up trying because as soon as he attempted to flirt they would respond with intense pity, which of course made him feel worse than if they had been mean about the rejection. He never became bitter or 'nice' about it though, which must have been extra hard because he has to see his very attractive twin sister being super promiscuous (people joke that his birth defects are a result of her cannibalising him in the womb).

But there is hope even for people in that position, because recently he finally found someone interested in him. She is a vegan chef so I guess has a thing for the skeleton aesthetic. They seem very happy together so I would say the lesson is to never become so bitter about being rejected by the majority that you aren't open to the love of that special minority who will accept you as you are.

So how much money does he make?

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

yeesh

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
and people try to trick you into jumping off cliffs

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Salty Josh posted:

It's because you want to be appreciated in any endeavor. Whether it be cooking for someone who doesn't know how to cook or loving someone who someone wouldn't normally find attractive.

I totally agree with letting people just be themselves and see where things go. Fact is, don't bring up poo poo that people are insecure about whether it be freckles, missing limbs, big foreheads etc. Just be a decent human being about it.

Wanting to be appreciated is only slightly better than paedophilia and slightly worse than serial murder.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

P-Mack posted:

send roosh to nauru

pretty sure there are enough rapists in the staff without adding more

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

KomodoWagon posted:

Rapes aren't reported and when they are they're not investigated because the majority of police are men, and men fall into three categories:

1) unapologetic rapists
2) pussies who wish they had the strength and courage to go through with a rape, but won't due to fear and insecurity
3) a teeny tiny minority of decent people.

The problem with solving the problem is that in almost all circumstances, men will claim to be in category 3, which leads to the misleading idea that only a tiny minority would ever rape someone permeating society. We've progressed so far as to technically make rape a crime, but there's a long way to go before even a majority of men find it morally objectionable (even when you think the victim is a slut). It's funny how you can get every man in the world to blurt out "oh, rape is one of the worst things you can do to a person!" but when it comes to actually assessing cases of reported rapes, the discussion immediately takes a turn towards "well, why did she let that happen/what did she do to deserve this?" not to mention "don't ruin a man's life because of one tiny mistake!"

In other words, the only thing seperating Roosh from most men is that he is more blatant and ballsy about the whole deal.

Oh Lottery Of Babylon, were do you find these crazy posts

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
the rest was pretty accurate tbh

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I always assumed political lesbians happened when actual lesbians guilt/manipulate activists into sleeping with them. Which is pretty funny when you remember what they say about men

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Troposphere posted:

that is not what the term means and is even dumber than the actual meaning

I know what political lesbians are. It always struck me as a kinda predatory way for real lesbians to trick straight women into bed.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Sounds like women going their own way!

Would it really shock you if some gay men took advantage of MGTOW's

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Pick's wording didn't suggest anything TERFy to me, I immediately assumed she meant the guys who get mad at those dadratted broads who can just gently caress a guy and the guy will give her a mansion in return. This might be because I'm a woman am very aware of that school of thought, or it might be because I know enough about Pick from Ladythread to know she's not TERFed up.

I think the latter

political lesbians are probably pretty fixated on men, too. I agree with you on the TERF wording btw

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

That is a terrible photo

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

I like people with strong characteristics because the things they have that are unique are unique identifiers of them, it's charming as gently caress

oh come on.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

look, cumslut, some people like some things and other people like other things

everyone likes different food. doesn't mean anyone likes rotting meat.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

No one actually likes that. They eat it when they absolutely have to, and pretend to enjoy it as a tradition. There's a metaphor there.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_aging

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermented_fish#Stinkheads

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fesikh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igunaq

pretty sure most people in here have had aged beef at least once in their life, most high end steakhouses have it by default

I'm talking real, rotting meat. Maggots, rotting juice etc.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Somehow I think you're deliberately missing the point

edit: Llama face dude aside, I'm sick of people trying to say there's no such thing as an ugly person

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

Som Tam Hoy Dong has fermented oysters in it, closest thing I can think of.

There is casu marzu though

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu

y'know it's possible to overextend a metaphor. The point is that while peoples tastes vary, there's a large area that everyone agrees sucks.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

But you're missing the point my friend, 'ugly' is subjective as gently caress and what is horrendous to you might be perfectly fuckable to another. There is no universal standard of ugliness.

Some people get off to eating poo ffs there's all kinds.

God that is such bullshit. Is the idea of admitting you beat someone in a competition really that hard? Pretending everyone is on an even footing is pretty cruel to the people who know they're not.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

idk why finding a partner to fill a human need for companionship has to be some kind of competition bro

yeah, it sucks for ugly people and it is easier for attractive people. that's no reason to just say screw it I'm a monster.

it is literally a competition. there's this whole genetic selection thing you might have heard of

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Gibbons are monogamous.

Also I used to go to the zoo and do work near the gibbons because they'd sing to confirm their relationship every single day. Envied that lady gibbon for sure.

yes, and then you have the gibbons that never mate. There's a reason I compared humans to them.

Moridin920 posted:

I'm sorry you feel that way, it seems like a miserable place to be.

Maybe if you stopped thinking about dating like you're a monkey seeking mates you'd have more luck?

People get to be optimistic when they succeed

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

On the other hand if your strategy and theory has failed you then perhaps it is time to try an alternate path rather than despair and self pity.

look, I'm nothing like the people in this thread, I just don't like it when people with massive advantages pretend they're on the same level as people without them.

edit: I'm not even that unsuccessful at dating.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

CaptainSarcastic posted:

So, what I have gathered from the most recent posts is that dude whose blog has been posted is in the running for creepiest mommy issues ever, and Cumslut1895 is a very depressed and angry sexless gibbon.

not that depressed, not that angry. It's just a bit like generations-deep wealthy people with massive trust funds telling poor people that they just need to work harder

generative grammer posted:

go to the nearest mall and take a look at every couple that walks past and then try to think how genetic selection explains all those lardass doughfaces having steamy sex every night better than gravity or any other natural phenomenon that doesn't actually have a conscious intention

idk, I don't think I see that many ugly people with partners, but it's not like i keep a log

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Travis343 posted:

lmao if you think natural selection plays any part in the human experience in 2016. we left that poo poo behind centuries ago. our entire history is giving nature the finger, instead of genetic defects and environmental hardships weeding out 'weak' humans we instead cure diseases and create agriculture and irrigation with our enormous brains. humans basically won evolution the second we had a brain powerful enough to understand it. literally anybody can get laid and pass on their genes now. it's loving ludicrous to act like humanity is still subject to the rules governing the animal kingdom, in fact humans are loving that up too as we save species from extinction and introduce invasive species all around the world

Sure, but a small set of genes will still gently caress you up, including being born with no lips or w/e

edit: you could even say that as survival got easier, the genetic pressure shifted to other things, including appearance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

I'm sorry but unless you're basically John Merrick I just don't buy the 'so ugly no one will ever gently caress me' line.

And even he was able to interact normally with women without becoming a sperglord about it.

Somehow I think his life would be a lot worse now.

• Locked thread