Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

the great deceiver posted:

women do that too. it's a broken person thing not exclusive to either gender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

PallasAthene posted:

I have a coworker who says she doesn't particularly enjoy sex with men, but she gets PISSED when a guy doesn't want it from her. Partly because it hurts her self-image and partly because that's how she manipulates dudes into buying her stuff.

tell my ex girlfriend I said hi, apparently

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Pick posted:

An important distinction is that the "bottom of the barrel" for men, by man standards, is a really ugly woman. A "bottom of the barrel" for women, by woman standards, is someone who will try to kill us if we leave

Pick posted:

Sorry but it's true. When men think of "Oh god, I don't want to die alone, I might have to ..." they imagine that ugly girl who hangs around them and is desperate for attention. When women think, "Oh god, I don't want to die alone, I might have to..." it's the dude who collects swords and has a file folder called "guro"

You kinda got some hosed up ideas about relationships / people in general. I guess I'm sorry for whatever caused that to happen?

A lot of your arguments are anecdotal, and my anecdotes are about abusive (physical and mental) ex girlfriends.

It's almost as if people are lovely regardless of gender and if I were to say all women are psychopaths because of my ex girlfriends or other crazy girls I've met, I would be intellectually dishonest. I mean come on here "At worst a guy has to settle for someone ugly, Women have to shack up with murderers" is that a joke? Are you joking right now?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
M'Trebuchet

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I'm guessing some of the "game" smooth-slick bullshit "works" in that they try it on a woman who has decided she going to gently caress tonight no matter what, and the dudes attribute it to their game instead of luck

I'm sure some of the manipulative poo poo works. Probably a distressing amount. Especially with younger women. A lot of people assume that the way their first long-term relationship went is normal, and then are hell of surprised later. Not just regarding manipulation, but basically all human behavior and interaction.

Also I had a friend who was a self defined PUA, it get's even crazier than manipulation and smooth slick bullshit. Sometimes it sounds like a creepy battle plan.

"Take special notice of any girl sitting at the bar. You should look for ones toward either end of the bar that have nobody sitting next to them. Once they have ordered their drink you immediately sit down next to them and begin. Being located at either end of the bar when you introduce yourself to the mix you are cutting them off from the large majority of the room and focusing their attention. If they have ordered a drink then they have no excuse to ignore you and you will catch them off guard as they were focused on receiving the drink and haven't had time to process what they would do after that. If you strike at the right moment they will be socially disoriented"

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Who even has time for all of that, jesus.

Edit: Actually read it. Manipulating women like some kind of pavlov conditioning where the bell is emotional manipulation and the meat powder is an orgasm? The gently caress? Who does that?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
The only episode I remember of Everybody Loves Raymond was one where Debra was yelling at Ray about something, he brought up her being mean when she is on her period and played a recording of her screaming at him like a psychopath, and in response she burst into tears and was even more upset that he recorded her yelling at him.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Cnut the Great posted:

that sounds...uh...really funny....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fHd_phdjNY

That doesn't have the first fight I mentioned either.

I wonder how they decided where to put the laugh tracks in that.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Pick posted:

That would be pretty hilarious, so I would probably be particularly charmed.

gently caress you, you like the bad boys with beets. The ones that will steal a beet from the store instead of happily paying for it. The bad boy that sends unsolicited beet pics and just drops a beet down on the table says and says "Here." You wouldn't know what to do with a nice guy that worships the ground you walk on, making you beet salads and beet pasta.

loving women, you disgust me. I don't need to put up with stuck up beet having bitches. You don't deserve my beet salad. Culinary Sluts.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Are they using some app that shows if the person they are trying to text is online or not? The whole thing where they get immensely butthurt if 5 minutes elapse with no reply to their text is incredibly bizarre otherwise.

I've used online dating a lot.

Nearly all of them let you pay extra for "Premium" or "Subscriptions" that let you see when people are online, if they read your messages (and when) and all kinds of poo poo like that. I imagine weirdo nice guys are the prime market for that.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

man i bet that led to a legendary rant / a suicide

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
how can dastardly women use vaginas like a tool and a weapon? I get the MGTOW idea that it's used as a weapon but like........are they using it to hold things like rope to tie knots or something?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Facebook Aunt posted:

What I don't get is that if, as a guy, you don't actually want to be friends with women and think the only reason to date is for sex . . . why not just masturbate? Masturbation is awesome. Easy orgasms without any negotiation or drama. Why get bitter about how hard it is to get a lady to help you have orgasms when orgasms are so easy to have without one? Lefty and Righty never let you down.

That's like asking why people don't all just eat bread or rice and water exclusively because it's food too and you get just as full as you do eating other things without having to bother with cooking or spending money or going through any effort

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

I work with a lot of immigrants and they all seem to echo this statement.

The Vietnamese especially since they have a seniority thing with age/gender. I've been to dinner at co-workers houses a few dozen times now and the women aren't even allowed to sit at the table and just get yelled at the whole time. I guess if I were raised in a culture where I screamed at a glorified maid all day I'd prefer that to someone rightfully giving me poo poo for being an rear end in a top hat.

I think it's why MGTOWs pine for the Don Draper days where you had a bourbon in one hand and your wife's throat in the other because you were lord of the domicile, unquestioned and serviced according to your whims.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Pick posted:

Except even that didn't really exist. I mean, not that domestic violence didn't exist (although in the "lovely graphs" thread there's a fellow who thought it was invented in the 30s or some poo poo apparently), but just that the "ideal" times, even for men, weren't what they're picturing. It's another advertising gimmick, really.

I remember a friend of mine was a law student, and she showed me a case about how an apprentice in the... olden times or whatever was complaining about his boss forcing him to blow him and sometimes gently caress him in the rear end. And the judge pretty much went "well, you're an apprentice so tough poo poo". Whenever I think of people talking up ye olde dayes I always think back to that case. Like, maybe your wife isn't a slave (boo hoo) but also, your boss isn't supposed to jam his unwashed dick down your throat as he works you to death in exchange for showing you how to stitch baseball mitts

Well yeah, I was more speaking from their point of view sarcastically. It's the same thing as people seeing the late 50s and 60s as Leave it to Beaver and Happy Days instead of the real actual reality.

Don Draper is basically misogynist Batman

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Pick posted:

but moooooooooooooooommmm!!!!

Wait, i never read his manifesto. Did he really get pissed off that saying "Hey mom, go gently caress a rich guy so we can have money" didn't work in his favor?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

honestly those things seem like a great way to get murdered

depending on the length of the spikes and the damage they did, he might bleed out or go into shock. but def not before smashing your face to pieces in an adrenaline fueled rage

Those things remind me of all of the people I've met in my life that have planned to "Just kick a dude in the balls" and that will solve all their problems because TV/Movies have taught people that the second a guy is hit in the groin he comically collapses into a heap unable to move like a robot with an off switch.

In the Rape-X or groin attack situation you are just getting incredibly close to someone you've now enraged because you've seriously hurt them.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
time for me to kickstart a vaginal guillotine

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

mind the walrus posted:

"It's just a cigar clipper with a rubber band"

and bluetooth connectivity

I'll call it the Hole in None

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

darkhand posted:

Meh our egos are pretty stupid. Yeah you can think about how cheesy they are as much as you want, but sometimes they still make you feel good

"SOMEONE CALL GUINESS WORLD RECORDS CAUSE I SEE THE WORLDS BIGGEST TITTIES"

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

lazorexplosion posted:

Jesus this thread went down the shitter. Post funny losers, stop being 'D&D but worse and in GBS'.

the thread is in a loop where someone posts funny losers, someone says they can't believe people are like that, pick posts an anecdote proving all men are _____, white knights agree that all men are _____, repeat.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

SneakyFrog posted:

Thanks waffleweiner, I should just replace all my mirrors with shining examples of your posts for true accuracy.

ah yes the dude herd. You can tell they are all gonna get laid because they are in a group and who wouldnt immediately get all moistened at 4 different colors of shorts AND goddamn boat shoes. :swoon:

I think the least terrible one is the guy without the hat, but the lack of a hat probably means he is the lowest in the dude herd hierarchy.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Pick posted:

This is straight up stupid, like do you think women don't like... Hear common language? Like if a person says "th-that's all, folks!" That women look at each other like, what, what's all, what??? Everyone knows about growers and showers dude

Well, you might not know much about showers

I'll take a page from your response to everything with several anecdotes where I have had to explain this very thing to girlfriends and female friends. Typically in High School (but a couple times in their 20s) so that somehow proves all women are clueless, I'll conveniently leave out that even some guys don't know about the difference because they think all dicks are like theirs and aren't curious enough about dicks to come across that knowledge very easily.

you seem hyper defensive towards men for some reason.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

this is chess not checkers BITCH

also who the gently caress brags about 2.1 that's like... C average?

without googling my guess is he is obsessed with japanese/asian culture which is why he talks about anime, being an animator in japan and is stalking an asian girl named "Cho" so it's probably some non-US grading system, since the US goes off of 1-4.

Even then though 2.1/3 is lovely.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

listen i tick these checkboxes that I have made up better than you do therefore I am clearly more deserving and the woman should belong to ME

one thing that confuses me about the Nice Guy mentality is the simultaneous ability to have zero confidence and be arrogant at the same time.

Like you are terrible with women because you have a terrible self image, fear rejection and never approach them and develop neurosis and act all creepy due to all these perceptions you create chiefly as a result of your own sadbrains.

but THEN you are arrogant enough to think that whatever woman you start stalking would be better off with you, other guys can't compare, and you would obviously be any woman's first choice if they got to know you so they should just leave their boyfriends or be doomed to a lifetime of abuse searching for the love that you denied by turning them down.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

i'm not single :colbert:

Then rest thine self, Sir Goonalot, yon battles need not be fought

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I make whore bitches pay the entire bill, and my gas money for the privilege of them getting to spend time with me.

I also make them work for all the household money when I trick them into a long term relationship because I need to masturbate to hentai at least 6 hours a day.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

I like this mentality as I've been the boyfriend in 2-3 separate occasions.

The more naive the girl is about what is going on the more annoyed I get. "What, James just wants to buy me an xbox, go out to bars with him, let him buy me jewelry and go to the mall because he is that good of a friend Sure he sends me huge rants about how I'm the only one that "gets him" and how I need a "real man" but I told him I'm not interested and he totally understands that. By the way he wants me to go out to dinner with him DON'T TELL ME I CANT HAVE FRIENDS"

It's less irritating when your partner realizes and goes "Yeah the guy is kinda creepy and all he does is talk poo poo about you despite never even meeting you"

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Jesus is this thread still going? What more is there to be said than "I cant believe these people are so wrong in their mindset" and "wow that guy was scary".

Can we turn this into the new general purpose r/relationships thread instead?

wrong thread died

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

SneakyFrog posted:

quality weenname right there.. Might need something better myself after contemplating that.

mine is the line of scrimmage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrnY11pXSFE

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Varg posted:

I saw a kid today wearing a fedora, couldn't have been more than 12 years old, I wanted to tell him he's making a huge mistake with his life but I just paid for my sandwich and left and went on with my day :shrug:

at that age he is likely to run in to other kids that will tell him how much of a dumbass he looks like, which will hurt his feelings but turn him in the right direction

If he were 22 or 32 most people would just avoid him out of disgust and he would enable himself by networking with other insufferable assholes

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

WampaLord posted:

It's kinda funny how you've only dated trash tier men and now think all men are like that.

I quote this as a trash man

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

treiz01 posted:

This includes vegetarians, who are just extremely picky eaters who make things harder for themselves on purpose.

I'm fine with vegetarians but my Ex decided to be vegan about a year into our relationship. Which meant I had to be vegan.

Except I worked all the time and she would get stoned as gently caress and just order philly cheesesteaks or something while I was at work and forbid me from cheating. I made it about 3 months of paying a 4x grocery bill for vital wheat gluten and mock meat and poo poo before I just told her to buy her own groceries and I would buy mine and we would eat separately, which caused a huge drama explosion since she didn't want to pay $20-$30 a meal for vegan hot dogs, vegan bread, vegan cheese, vegan chili, vegan plates and vegan chips from whole food.

She didn't even give a poo poo about animals and got mad when I accused her of doing it for social status to set herself apart from her vegetarian friends. In my mind if you truly are snow white want to walk through the culinary forest with the animals you aren't eating "Double meat, double cheese" Philly's at least 2-3 times a week while preaching the tenets of veganism

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

CubanMissile posted:

lol @ anyone who takes orders from their SO on what they're allowed to eat.

It's one of many reasons why I ended the relationship but it was basically either I agree to be Vegan or there were huge, throwing things meltdowns about how we aren't meant to be together because we don't eat the same food. Screaming / Crying / Literal Violence if I wasn't happy and interested in "her interests" which changed on a weekly basis.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

CubanMissile posted:

But the crazy thing is you actually tried instead of heeding the fifty other red flags that popped up instantly.

It's not a defense but I was a pretty bad Nice Guy in my teens and I still haven't quite figured out relationships exactly. So when someone terrible is horrible to me my response is more of an instinctual "M'Lady" rather than an earnest look at my situation and my life.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Azuth0667 posted:

You are not cooking it right :colbert:

A lot of people don't get that brown rice and white rice cook differently and just think rice is rice. I've had to explain this a bunch of times to people who refused to eat anything I cook with brown rice because they made it one time and it was gritty poo poo because it was only partially cooked.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Onions make me violently ill and it's irritating that most dishes come with them by default.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Azuth0667 posted:

What about garlic?

I like the taste of garlic so i put up with it. I don't think it's as bad or as fast as onions though. I can eat italian food or season my food with garlic and get heartburn or a little Ill, if I eat anything at all that was cooked with / in / on onions I'm blowing my rectum out within an hour.

One of my Exes said I just needed to build up a tolerance so when it was her night to cook, unbeknownst to me, she would slip powdered / minced onion into my food in quantities you couldn't quite taste.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

The Snoo posted:

tbh I was a piece of poo poo (albeit mentally ill) teenager here on SA and elsewhere and I got a lot of poo poo from goons (some of it was legitimate and I can say helped me grow as a person, most of it was harassment or poo poo like calling my parents/posting my tits on 4chan), and my now-husband reached out to me through PMs and was like 'y goons mean/I wanna be your friend'. We chatted a bit but then I got banned, and then later he found me on facebook and after a bunch of stupid terrible poo poo in our lives, we started skyping and voice chatting daily, for hours and hours. :shrug: We had a lot in common regarding, for lack of a better word, trauma and other unpleasantness, and he's also really loving hilarious. And then he moved to where I am, etc. etc. and I guess what I'm trying to say is, be a stupid sad piece of poo poo online and maybe a nice person will try to help you and then maybe you can help each other out of your personal hellholes :unsmith:

Anyway the way we met is super weird and nontraditional, even beyond dating websites, and it's really hard to explain to people who ask, but everyone seems happy for us, and I am, too.

I think this is a niceguy success story since a whiteknight got rewarded for his service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Mak0rz posted:

i sent this girl a pic of my butthole and she blocked me. plz help!!

obviously she didn't get the message, make a new account / phone number and send her a picture of your dick

• Locked thread