Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Pick posted:

Interestingly, this term has gotten a fair amount of traction among women I know lately, way more than among the men I know. Don't know why.

Is it because the term perfectly encapsulates how you string along your intelligent, respectful male friends while secretly loving all of the attractive jerks behind our backs even though we'd treat you so much better than they would if you'd just give us a chance but no, you won't do that because modern women are too stupid and shortsighted to even have their own best interests in mind? Is that why, Pick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Have you guys ever considered that maybe we should all just be forced into government gently caress Camps a couple times a year so we don't have to worry about this stuff like dating and the possibility of rejection and we can just get it out of our systems and go back to playing video games or whatever?

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

a dog from hell posted:

Ugly guys could just get rich or famous. There is no reason to pity men.

As a hideously ugly fat man, I agree. I could totally get rich if I wanted to, which I of course do not, which is why I am poor.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Just get your rape on during the yearly purge.

Wouldn't fat nerd nice guys do far, far worse in a purge-type situation than in regular society? Like, I'd imagine nice guys are who a society with laws benefits the most, not these made up jocks who would stuff them all in lockers in a free-for-all.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

a dog from hell posted:

I am poor and I know that this is true. Money is out there and there are people who cheat, lie, trade honestly and amaze fools to get it. The only reason you don't have money is because you haven't done the right thing yet.

I'm just nice and respect money. Not like all those jerks out there that treat money like their whore, and lie and cheat to get with it. If money would just give me a chance I'd put her it in the best mutual funds and spend it on only the finest things

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

a dog from hell posted:

Mutual funds... lol. Sorry dude but you have to break down walls to reach the most beautiful princess - the almighty dollar.

I don't know about the worldly aspects of money as much as you because my heart is pure.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

RestingB1tchFace posted:

No. They'd get they rapes on.

How would we, hypothetically, institute a purge-style situation? Asking for a nice friend.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

hrollins posted:

Nice guys are great, they make it way easier for you to get dates with women if you just be a normal loving person.

This is wonderfully optimistic, I like it.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
It's about unlovable outcasts with no self-awareness. Sorry I couldn't be more specific.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Spatial posted:

quote:

That was one of the worst experiences of torture from girls that I’ve had to endure, and it will be a scar in my memory forever, to remind me that girls think I’m unworthy compared to other boys. I ran home with tears pouring down my cheeks, hoping that my horrible housemates wouldn’t be there to witness my shame.

It's been said before but he was actually pretty good looking. His main problem was mainly self-awareness. Like, how do you type "girls hate me" followed immediately by "i started crying" and not logically connect the two? If he had even pretended to be a normal dude he'd probably have gotten laid no problem, and maybe would have eventually actually become a normal dude in the process.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Tricky D posted:

Did someone say Elliot Rogers?

No, I don't think so, and I'm not sure how that's relevant to this thread. :colbert:

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Cumslut1895 posted:

also because you're dying from complications of pneumonia

I laughed

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
I once got a bunch of free bread and vegetables from behind a Subway at like 12:00am. Pretty sure it's because I'm reasonably handsome and just, y'know, comfortable and confident. These "nice guys" just need to relax a little.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Carmant posted:

You cant make me read that and I wont do it.

Saw "and the third red flag is 'I want to focus on my career.'" and immediately realized how right you were.

e: emphasis in original

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Xequecal posted:

I had a co worker at my last job that pretended to have lupus so he could pick up women at a lupus sufferer's support group.

Post location and meeting times of support group, please.

I'm not going to pick up chicks, I'm just going to white knight for them against all the self-absorbed jerks that won't appreciate them and will just use them and throw them away.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

CarForumPoster posted:

does it mean guessing the amount? I am not a drug user

Yeah. It just means to look at something to guess its volume or weight. You can do that with salt or flour or whatever when you're cooking. "Hm, this looks like about a cup and a half." But if you try to do with with 2-CB or some Russian 'research lab' phenazepam derivative and go "hm, this minute grain looks to be about 3mg" then you stand a decent chance of dying but doesn't stop TCC.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

...and I'm terribly upset that these harpies won't gently caress me.

e:

Is this the Nightmare Fear Factory wallpaper in the background?

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
I think this may actually be what all the people in the Fear Factory are screaming at.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Troposphere posted:

I read a really good but awful book in my symbolist art class that was the perfect nice guy book I wish I could remember the title

symbolist art is pretty nice guy in general it's all about how women are evil red haired whores who have sex with Satan and not you(unless they do have sex with you but then you get an std and die)

Confederacy of Dunces hits a lot of those benchmarks.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Tequila Sunrise posted:

other people can do tricks while he can't.

This seems to have been a major problem for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

• Locked thread