Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Henry Rollins is a hollywood star.
Punks are extinct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

according to the t-shirt of the guy who works at the gas station, you're incorrect.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

im glad of it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
they are making an SLC punk #2 lolololololol talk about posers

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hell Yeah posted:

according to the t-shirt of the guy who works at the gas station, you're incorrect.

he never heard punk, would be suprised if he ever heard pop-punk.
Next time you gas up ask him about Furious George

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

they are making an SLC punk #2 lolololololol talk about posers

it cant be any worse than the first one

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Then how come Warped Tour is still going?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Friginator posted:

Then how come Warped Tour is still going?

full of pop punk bands. Greenday, Offspring, they are good bands. They aren't punk tho

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Punk the fashion is not dead. Punk the music style is not dead.

But buddy, Punk the movement was dead the minute after Sex Pistols hit mainstream.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it cant be any worse than the first one

SLC Punk was an excellent movie and i will give you a wicked papercut with my FILM DEGREE (:smuggo:) to prove it!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

SLC Punk was an excellent movie and i will give you a wicked papercut with my FILM DEGREE (:smuggo:) to prove it!

Bob's death was pretty sad

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Bob's death was pretty sad

it was a bummer but it helped stevo reach his potential which was good in the long run I guess but Bob's whole life was kinda a tragedy like when they went to see his dad ):

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Punk's not dead it just deserves to die.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

it was a bummer but it helped stevo reach his potential which was good in the long run I guess but Bob's whole life was kinda a tragedy like when they went to see his dad ):

bob started everything

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nooner posted:

It was really good.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...
He Never Died was a pretty rad movie

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Apparition posted:

no, Heroin Bob overdosed and died that was the irony of it, I think that Stevo even said that, it was ironic cause he was so against drugs but died of an overdose ):

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
The sequel is out on iTunes but I haven't watched it yet.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
But Fallout Boy just did the theme for the new Ghostbusters movie?

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

NihilismNow posted:

Punk's not dead it just deserves to die.

When it became another stale cartoon. A close minded self centered social club. Ideas don't matter, it's who you know.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Apparition posted:

herion bob died. that was the turning point of the movie

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Nooner posted:

no, Heroin Bob overdosed and died that was the irony of it, I think that Stevo even said that, it was ironic cause he was so against drugs but died of an overdose ):

I used to run with people who knew the real people SLC Punk was based on. Heroin Bob was called Heroin Bob because he loving loved heroin.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm glad I was a part of a punk scene but I'm also glad my tastes changed as I got older. Even back in the day the hair and fashion felt like a uniform for try-hard anti-conformists. I still love the music in a nostalgic sort of way.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

cult_hero posted:

I used to run with people who knew the real people SLC Punk was based on. Heroin Bob was called Heroin Bob because he loving loved heroin.

real life doesn't always make for the best story

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
i'm Ben Weasel

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

Kevyn posted:

i'm Ben Weasel

Your music sucks.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Kevyn posted:

i'm Ben Weasel

Any chance of a boxing match between you and Kathleen Hanna?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

frogge posted:

Any chance of a boxing match between you and Kathleen Hanna?

lol

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
some of the posters in the chicago thread look forward to riot fest every year. corporate punk forever! lmbo

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
oh look at that, henry has a spoken word tour coming up in october

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

LegoPirateNinja posted:

oh look at that, henry has a spoken word tour coming up in october

awesome. He decided punk was poo poo 20 years ago.

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
punk's not dead, it just smells that way

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
not a chance, Grunge never died

oh, punk, yes, that's dead

sled or die
Jun 15, 2006
I wear a Roche Vouceau
you're not punk and i'm tellin everyone

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
The punk movement is alive and well in the heart Africa.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ork of Fiction posted:

The punk movement is alive and well in the heart Africa.

punk is music not violence

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
aren't most punk fans straightedge idiots. How u want to be sober listening to garbage

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

aren't most punk fans straightedge idiots. How u want to be sober listening to garbage

no. most punks are drug addicts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Punk died with Avril Laverne.

• Locked thread