Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

*Click*

The TV screen flickers on, just as a title card in a bold font fades out.

Force first appears in her Lawgirl costume, fighting side by side with Lawman. Then, she judo throws one of the faceless mooks into the camera, transitioning to the same fight, FORCE in her current costume and sans Lawman. She takes a few more hits, but powers through and wins. In the aftermath, she catches a glimpse of her reflection in a mirror. It shows a flash of the domino mask she used to wear as Lawgirl. FORCE just turns and stalks away, leaving the camera to zoom in on a shadow, transitioning to...

The back of Keiichi's head, who is wearing a Pizza Hat... hat while looking into a mirror and seeing an idealized, female reflection back. Next, Enthropy, looking closer to the reflection than Keiichi, pummels thugs and absorbing laser blasts without flinching. The last one causes a big burst of white light that clears to show...

Plastic Girl falling out of the sky! She lands on the concrete and bounces a few times before sitting up, looking dazed and confused. Next, she's on her feet, stretching around bullets and bouncing around (and on!) criminals, all with a cheerful grin on her face. As the brief scuffle ends, the background goes dark, leaving us with a carefree looking Plastic Girl with a dark, harsh silhouette in the background, facing away from the camera. The silhouette slowly turns, and its eyes flash red as it lunges towards the camera, transitioning to...

Bolt & Lodestone sitting back to back, looking almost like mirror images As the camera zooms in, you can see that Natalia is smiling and Alex is looking pensive. The screen wipes from the middle as it transitions to the next shot, giving the effect of the two breaking away from each other. Next, the pair of them are fighting a small horde of robots, with Lodestone throwing metal shards of fallen robots and Bolt erupting in an explosion of electricity. Seeing that they're still surrounded, the pair grab each others hand and a whirling tornado of steel and electricity blows away the entire army in a flash of white, transitioning to...

A gang of robbers attempting to escape from a bank with their ill gotten gains. As they leap into the getaway vehicle, they attempt to drive off and find that their vehicle is now sporting 4 hard-light wheel-clamps. As the camera pans around to show Hamon himself, with a few intricate motions he encases the vehicle in a rock solid block of hard-light, and ties light bow on top of the imprisoned robber's van, a present left for the officers of the law who show up as Hamon quietly leaves the scene to join...

The other five as they all face away from the camera, staring down the menacing silhouettes in the distance.

A quick montage of images:
A glitering gem falling to the ground.
A half dressed Doctor Disaster jumping into another pantleg, waving a big ol' laser gun around
The Mayor yelling at someone off camera.
A beaming Plastic Girl, whose smile suddenly turns cruel as she pulls out a wicked-looking serrated knife.
An honest to god green dragon flying against the skyline, breathing in as flames dance along its maw.

The dragon then belches forth a gout of flame, turning the screen red with fire. Then, the screen goes black before fading in to...

A panicked scene of Halcyon City College

The scene opens with students running around in a panic from something off screen. It pans over to reveal two guys with swords, one with a pair of hand crossbows and belt of explosives, and some sort of demon with a glowing wand(?) running amok on the campus and smashing the place up.

Whatever you were expecting for your first call... it probably wasn't this. As soon as all of you arrive on the scene (all roughly at the same time, but tell me how you got here and what were you doing beforehand), the guy with the handcrossbows levels the both at the you saying, "Hold, heroes! Our quarrle is not with you, but if you attempt to thwart us, you would also suffer our wrath!" The two swordsmen take up a position in front of the other two, swords raised for battle. But, no one moves towards you at the moment. All four of them are watching you now, waiting for you to decide if you're going to just let them get back to work or if you're going to throw down.

Force , Well, looks like you're the leader! Congrats! ...Or condolences? How are you feeling about this responsibility? What'd Lawman tell you when he found out you were leader?
Anyway, what's the plan, chief?

Hamon, what was the last thing that caused this much chaos on campus? How'd it turn out?
Also, how are you planning on stopping them without hurting them? They're living beings too, you know!
What do you do?

Entropy, Second place is still isn't too bad, especially next to FORCE. Still, HAMON was the only person who voted for you first. Well, aside from FORCE, anyway. Why do you think HAMON voted for you, though?
Also, in the crowd, you spot one of the techs from SLRI that you've been delivering pizza to. Who are they, and how'd they get on your good side?
What do you do?

Plastic Girl, Well, this just won't do! It looks like they're just breaking things... to be big ol' jerks! You'll have to stop them before they break anything else! ...But, they don't seem so bad. You're pretty sure no one's been hurt yet. Maybe you can talk some sense into them?
Also, which set of villains do they remind you of back from your time?
What do you do?

Bolt & Lodestone, Oh man, these guys look just like the characters from that new brawler from the Galaxy Arcade! Battle Legends always has a line, and these guys are all the secret, alternate characters you can rescue towards the end of the second level. Which one did each of you think was the coolest and why?
What do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

We were at Galaxy Arcade when we got the call. Alex was getting thrashed by the store champ at Avenue Brawler 7 and Nat was standing behind him giving timely and entirely unappreciated advice. Natalia grinned, clearly enjoying herself. "C'mon, Alex, you know you need to mash out a wake-up DP. He's put you in the same meaty corner set-up like five times!" Alex's character once again got knocked into the corner and tossed around by a grab when he tried to regain his feet.

"Not now, Nat!" Alex grimaced as he concentrated on the battle. Just when it seemed that he had regained the upper hand, the twins heard their communicators go off -- they weren't exactly sure why the alarm was the theme to Rawhide -- mixed in with a dramatic yell of K.O.! In unison, the two crouched and held their communicators up to their ears. Trouble at the City College? Again? Stowing their communicators, they dramatically raced out of the arcade and ducked down a side alley. It was a simple matter for Alex to lift the two to the roof of Galaxy Arcade where they had stored back-up costumes. A moment spent changing later and the two were on their way to the scene of the crime, cutting through the sky on twin fields of magnetic repulsion.

---

Bolt and Lodestone dropped from the sky, landing in a classic heroic three-point landing in front of the Battle Legends. The two looked across the enemy line-up, blinked, and then took a quick double-take. "Uh, Lodestone, you seeing what I'm seeing?" "A team of villains straight from an arcade game?" "Maybe this is why our folks are always telling us to cut down on gaming."

Lodestone focused in on the white-haired elf. "Hey, Bolt, isn't that DARKSHADOW, THE ARCANE BLADE? I hear he's one of the best characters in Battle Legends, assuming you can take down the hidden boss. If he's half as good here as in the game, we might be in trouble. He can sword with the best of them, even without his spells."

Bolt, meanwhile, was focused on the crossbow-wielding man. "Whoah whoah whoah. Hold the phone. Did you just make a quarrel pun? Even if you are ridiculously rad with your explosives and your uncanny ability to reload two crossbows in the heat of battle, WHISPER, THE TRUE SHOT, we're going to have to take you down town. None of that, not in our city!"

quote:

18:06 Tricky Assessing the Situation
18:06 Tricky !r 2d6+2
18:06 Krysmbot Tricky, 9+2 = 11

1. What here is most vulnerable to us?
  2. How can we best end this permanently?

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."

"So, you are a... personal assistant?"

The past half hour had been like this. Each of us taking turns trying to pierce the suffocating veil of awkwardness that descended on us the moment we said hello. So far, the other would respond with a polite answer, and we'd be back to picking at our plates while looking up occasionally to shoot each other nervous smiles. We were mutually trapped into going through the motions of this date even though within the first five minutes it had become very clear that we had absolutely nothing in common.

"My friend's nephew has come here from Hong Kong to study at the university -- he's such a nice boy, but he doesn't know anyone in this city! You don't do anything but work, it makes me worry. A date would do you both good!"

Gee, thanks mom. It's not that there was anything wrong with him. He did seem nice. And polite. But he was nervous and quiet and I go for boys (and girls) with a good bit of confidence. It didn't help that my Cantonese is rusty and stilted, and his English is conversational but awkward. I had just opened my mouth to answer, when I was unexpectedly rescued by an unfolding disaster. My phone buzzed, grinding loudly against the table in the specific pattern that lets me know that this isn't an ordinary phone call. "Sorry!" I grinned apologetically, already getting to me feet. "I need to take this!"

So, there was probably a better way to handle that. I mean, hindsight if 20/20. I could have just said that I needed to leave for work, instead of simply going off to check the phone in private and... not coming back. It's okay, though! I tucked my half of the bill under my plate when he wasn't looking. I mean, I might have a city to save, but I do have some standards. My mother sure isn't going to be happy about this, but some things need to take priority. I'm the leader of an official, League sanctioned hero team, after all! Thinking about that partmakes me both very excited and faintly nauseous. What The Lawman said to me after he heard the news keeps running through my head:

"If I didn't think you were ready for this kind of responsibility, kid, I would have told you. And I wouldn't have sponsored you for the team at all. You'll do fine."

I'l 'do fine.' Yeesh. The amount of confidence he seems to have in that doesn't do much else but increase the amount of pressure already on me. I'll just have to prove him right. And if that means skipping out on the most excruciating date of my life, well... all in a day's work for FORCE. Hopefully, no one will notice the faint whiff of perfume beneath the oiled-joints-and-synthetic-material scent of my armour, or get a good enough look to see how much makeup I'm wearing. I mean, it was mostly just to make the big ugly scar on my face a little less obvious, because, well, you know.

I step out behind an overturned table, standing with one hand on my hip in what I hope is a stern and authoritative manner. While the group of LARPer rejects is talking with the twins, hopefully the others have a chance to prepare and get into position. Assuming they're actually willing to listen to me, and I don't give instructions that make this all blow up in our collective faces. With enforced casualness, I take a deep breath to try and steady my nerves, reach one hand up to press my earpiece, the microphone in my mask picking up my voice even if it's pitched too low for the bad guy's to hear. "Plastic Girl, while they're distracted by me and the twins, try to get as close behind them as you can without them noticing you. Entropy, horn-guy looks like he can probably shoot something from that wand -- make sure that doesn't end up going into the crowd. Hamon, be ready to throw up a wall if the guy with the bows starts firing those things -- there are a lot of people around for those to hit. Bolt, Lodestone... one of those sword-guys is covered in metal armour; you can do the math there. No one start anything if they're willing to play nice, though."

Instructions aside, I turn my attention fully to the guy with the tiny crossbows. "Well, pun aside, you're kind of smashing up the university and terrorising the student body," I point out. My voice comes out slightly modulated through my mask, and the little lights to either side of the mouthpiece blink on as I speak, turning off again when I go silent. "So, your 'quarrel' is with us, unless you want to stop. Right now. And explain what you think you're doing here." Even while I'm talking, I'm paying very close attention to the motley collection in front of me, trying to see if I can glean a little more of what exactly we're dealing with.

(1:13:36 AM) Gazetteer: FORCE Assessing the Situation Also Because I have a Move That Makes Me Pro At It:
(1:13:41 AM) Gazetteer: !r 2d6+2
(1:13:42 AM) Krysmbot: Gazetteer, 8+2 = 10

I get to ask an extra question because of Be Mindful of Your Surroundings.

- what here is the biggest threat?
- what here is in the greatest danger?
- what here can I use to quickly take out the elf with the sword if he tries something?

Gazetteer fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jul 25, 2016

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Freak: 0 | Danger: 0 | Savior: 0 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +3

Unsurprisingly, pizza deliveries have gone awry today. So I was on my way in this general direction, actually, when I got the call that there was a mission to take on, over the team communicator. I quickly made two final deliveries and then set off towards the college, taking a moment to pick up one of the league-provided dead drops of my costume and quickchange into it. ... In a way, it's a welcome relief from the pressures of my job, though I had to make several phone calls to explain fake problems with the bike- my boss has gotten used to my excuses, and seems to have guessed the 'superhero' part, if not quite... how, and wearily allows my excuses.

And then it's the long bike ride there. There's a certain liminality in it- the between space as I consider myself, my identities, and my missions. The Between Spaces, between there and here, between Keiichi, and Nanako, and Entropy, the physical spaces along the way... Ducking, weaving, and carefully moving through traffic, along little used and busy roads alike.

Wearing my dress, makeup carefully applied, wig attached, the uniform of myself, of not myself, people know who I am, at least in part. They see a superhero, they see a woman, they see something else. They do not grasp the whole, and no one will know the true story, but everyone konws a part.

It is a beginning.

Red light. I close my eyes, breathing a soft sight out, glasses hanging heavy on my nose, the swishing wind reflecting around me. I have a job to do.

===

I toss the kickstand of my bike up, carefully parking it two blocks from the college, and the rest of the way I run, shoes beating on the hot pavement and cool grass, air and people and noise and sound rushing by me as I move further and further towards my objective- and in the chaos, I spot the other members of the team, and more importantly, our quarry, who appear to be Halls and Horrors characters. Of course.

Our leader is here, already speaking orders. I respect her as leader plenty, though I still think that I would have been more suited to the job myself, she would have been my second pick. Force is fast, quick on her feet, and above all smart. A fine leader, in the end. Still, HAMON voted for me first, hrm.

I don't think Hamon knows who I am, though I suspect Vasily might- Hamon just simply is a horrid liar. He... they... it? He would have slipped up by now. (Note to self, ask Hamon pronouns.) I think Hamon simply understands my leadership potential. Still, something to look into. Something to worry about.

Now, I am in one of those liminal spaces once more. I lift one hand and I see the gloves of my uniform- on the other, the nails of my hero persona. This is not a truth, nor a real vision- it is simply a feeling, put into images.

I pause, look towards the group of... interesting people, and beep over the communicator. "Do not engage yet. Gathering information, and speaking. Peaceful resolution still possible- need motive and understanding." And then I cough once, twice, and walk carefully, palms up, towards the ... did Bolt and Loadstone say they were game characters? Game characters.

"I would like to resolve this without any violence, if possible. Please, lay down your arms for a moment- let's talk this out, let's see what we can do that gets everyone what they want with the minimum chaos and damage possible, okay? Look, we can work this out, I'm sure." And as I say this, my eyes flicker over each of them in turn- analyzing, glasses glinting, as I read the emotions off their faces, their actions, their words...

<godfist> <NeaCell> Pierce The Mask
<godfist> <NeaCell> !roll 2d6+3
<godfist> <Krysmbot> NeaCell, 6+3 = 9
Pierce the mask- +1 from team from Force
what do you intend to do?
What are you REALLY planning?
how could I get your character to Chill Out and Work With Us?

"Whatever you want on the campus, we might be able to work with you. Whatever you need to fight or need to use- surely, there's a solution here, right?" My eyes glint- this might work. This might not work. We shall see. This is going to be a long day, isn't it? I can just tell. I can just /tell./

My posture is concilatory, open. My words are just and accurate. For now, I do not need to be Entropy, cold and protective, powerful and wise. I can be Nanako.

<godfist> <NeaCell> Assess the SitchPROVOKE SOMEONE
<godfist> <NeaCell> !roll 2d6+1
<godfist> <Krysmbot> NeaCell, 12+1 = 1

Nea fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 25, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Hamon
Fre: +3 | Dan: +1 | Sav: 0 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -2

Hamon had been actively doing nothing very much at the SLRI, when the call to action had come out. Measuring very small amounts of chemical substances for a few tests Doctor Gore had wanted, but that hadn't taken very long and afterwards he had nothing else to do. So when the call came out, and also when he looked out of the window and saw the large amount of students moving very quickly away from the middle of the college, felt that the incident was probably over there.

So he left, but not before cleaning and putting away the instruments, locking up the chemicals and then the lab securely because it never hurts to clean up after yourself. It was also a very short walk before he found the attended Cabernet in various shades of 'ready to fight' and 'stand-offishness'

He looked at the arranged assortment of fighters out of time and considered the events of the past few weeks.

Well there was that time where careless construction workers expanding the student dormitories punctured the main water supply and flooded the college, that was unfortunate.

And that time Doctor Gore's attempt to create a power source from alien technology shut down the power in the university and the surrounding block, he got a very stern talking to about that.

Oh yes, and the time a lightning beast and several armed men attacked the university and caused the college library to burn to the ground in the ensuing fight, he actually saw that one, it was hard not to being there on the scene and all. That was a little outside the norm but thanks to humanity's incredible ability to adapt the Dean had already bought superhero insurance for the entire school and so life soon returned to normal, well nearly normal. The new Library as of now was almost complete.

Back to the matter of hand, the easiest solution appears to be to take the weapons out of their hands, they are quite formidable but still mostly human. Hmm, but the thing about people with weapons is that more often then not they don't want you to take them out of their hands, this is a issue Hamon intended to solve quickly.

<TheNabphone> Rolling to assess the situation.
<TheNabphone> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> TheNabphone, 6+1 = 7
<TheNabphone> Good enough

>Who here is most vunerable to me?

He picked one to disarm if this came to a fight, and felt the hard-light projector whirl slowly into life.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 25, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Freak: 0 Danger: 0 Savior: +2 Superior: -1 Mundane: +2
Potential:0/5 Conditions:

"Huh, can't believe downtown hasn't changed that much." I muttered to myself while walking around. I mean the buildings were different certainly and I didn't recognise half the companies that owned them but the street layout was almost exactly like I remembered. Sure I could have looked at all this on a map but it wasn't the same a map only showed you the streets not the people who lived there. We were taught that being a superhero was about people not about places. And yet well my Halycon was long gone but I could still see the traces of it, it kind of made me sad, well not sad nostalgic maybe? but can you be nostalgic for something you last saw less than a month ago? I don't know. Before i could move on the star communicator I'd stuffed in a pocket began to play a jaunty little tune.

I plucked it from my pocket and held it up to my face "Plastic Girl here" "the college? Ok I'm on my way." I ducked sideways into an alleyway and hiding behind a dumpster quickly stripped out of my clothes. Clothes never seemed to handle my transformations well, and I'd gone through more outfits than I cared to think about that'd been wrecked by them. And what with clothes being so expensive these days I didn't want to wreck any more. I shovelled my clothes into the holdall (I learn from my mistakes fighting naked was bad enough once I never want to do it again.) I'd been carrying and began to change. Now this was a tricky one one I'd had to try for ages to get just right. But I'd finally mastered it A giant eagle. Perfect for getting round the city in a hurry. It'd been difficult to scale up but with a lot of practice I'd managed it. Grabbing the bag in my talons I took off with a mighty screech.

Didn't take long to to find the university from above and I swooped down into a back alley and changed as quickly as I could back into my dress and ran for the trouble. I think I was the last one to arrive "Sorry I'm late everyone." I yelled out. "So what's the situation." Four medieval wannabes armed to the teeth with bladed weapons crossbows and wait, was that a demon? What on earth was going on round here? I hadn't seen this much archaic weaponry since I last tangled with the Olympiads.

Now they were this street gang but they had some leader who fancied himself the reincarnation of Zeus so he armed his entire gang with swords and spears. They'd been pretty good fighters back in the day I wonder whatever happened to them? I doubt they were still around most gangsters in old Halycon would have shot them full of lead but then stranger things have happened.

With a start I realised I was so lost in thought that I hadn't heard what FORCE had asked me to do. Something about sneaking up on them. But I don't think I can sneak up on these guys easily. they had that look in their eyes like they were tracking everyone's movements. Still I shifted to one side ready to strike if I had too. hopefully it wouldn't come to that but if it did then I intended to be ready. "What's so important that you've got to trash the college for anyway?" I asked as I shifted to the side to give me a clear angle of attack should I need it.

[10:36] Ferrosol pierce the mask
[10:36] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[10:36] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6+2 = 8
what are you really planning?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

BGM 01

Force, Biggest threat? Demon guy, easy. Everyone else seems to be conventional fighters, while he's been blasting fire rays and making all sorts of chaos. Maybe the others have a trick or two up their sleeve, but they're all making sure to give Mr. Demon a clear line of fire to all of you.

Anyway, your best bet on taking out the sword elf is just telling Bolt and Lodestone to do it. One of them could probably take him out and together? Well... that just wouldn't even be fair. ...Although, they might have to reign it in a little. You're pretty close to the chemistry building, and if a bolt or a bomb goes wide... it wouldn't go too well for any of you.

Hamon, Based on your understanding of their technology, their offence appears to be focused on blunt or concussive force. Therefore, isolating each of them with walls would be quite effective, especially the man wielding the sword and shield.

Plastic Girl, It looks like they didn't have any real plans besides just bashing the place up. Now that you're actually talking to them and getting them to think, the sword and shield fellow is starting to look uncomfortable with this situation, though. Nothing like stopping mid-rampage to give someone cold feet. You feel like, if you could get him off by himself, you could probably talk him down. Also, who's the last villain that you talked down? Was it in your time period or the present? Did they end up staying on the straight and narrow?

Bolt & Lodestone, unfortunately, everyone in the arcade knows that the warrior classes like those two swordsmen in front of you are strong against electricity in Battle Legends due to a bug in the code that treats electricity as normal damage. On the other hand, magnetism is a bit too modern to show up there, so it would work like a charm. And, if you disarm the warriors, the ranged guys should be about as tough as tissue paper. Damp tissue paper.

Entropy, Again, they didn't really seem to be thinking about anything other than smashing the place up. They hate something about the college, and they're just taking out their frustrations on it. They feel like they don't get any respect, and now they're just lashing out. And... now they say as much as uncertainty ripples through the four of them. They weren't expecting someone to actually care enough to talk and see what was wrong, and between you and FORCE wanting to see what's going on before starting a fight, their stances falter. They trade glances with each other, unsure what to do now, and they start whispering to each other. However, their voices carry on the dead quiet campus, and you're all able to catch the conversation..

"Maybe she's got a point. I mean... this was kinda fun, but we're not really doing..."
"John!"
"Look, Mandy-"
"Whisper" interrupts, "Don't call her Mandy, she's DARKSHADOW, THE ARCANE BLADE, and you're LIONHEART, THE DIVINE HAND, remember?"
"Lionheart" sighs and says, "Fine, Whisper. I'm just saying... "
The demon guy (...or girl, if the other names are just as inaccurate) remains silent, but he has lowered his wand.

Ok, these nerds are really conflicted, and after a little cough reminds them that you're here, "Lionheart" says, "Look, the college stole a bunch of our work, ok? We can't prove it, as we're locked out of the computer system now. But, we're just trying to pay them back. The college has got insurance, so it's not even like we're really hurting them that much. Just want to make sure that Dr. No- OW." Darkshadow elbows Lionheart right in the ribs and gives him a glance that basically says, "Don't actually say his name, dummy. That's as good as telling everyone who we are!"
Lionheart, for as noble a bearing he had before, actually looks embarrassed and continues with, "Make sure that a certain someone doesn't think that he can get away with kicking us to the curb after getting what... um... that someone... wanted from us."
Just a reminder from last round:
Also, in the crowd, you spot one of the techs from SLRI that you've been delivering pizza to. Who are they, and how'd they get on your good side?

EVERYONE, the mexican standoff is interrupted by the shouts of people in chaos. It looks like there's still more going on elsewhere on the campus. The characters look surprised themselves, but they don't make any moves to see what's happening. Instead, they wait to see what you're going to do first.

What do you do?

Also, if everyone could include a link to the character sheet in their character header, it'd make my life a lot easier. Thanks!

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 25, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

((Apologies, I meant to do that but forgot))

Hamon turned to the source of the chaos, and then turned back to the armed individuals.

"Weapons are not allowed to be brandished on campus, please put down your weaponry for the moment."

He then looks at FORCE. "Over there appears to be a developing situation, would you like me to be over there instead of here?"

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 25, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Bolt and Lodestone looked over towards the new noises, then back at the Battle Legends. Bolt scratched the back of her head, "Hm, that all sounds kind of complicated. Maybe we can sit down and talk about it after we figure out what's causing all the noise over there? We could always put in a good word for you guys if you help us out, right FORCE?"

quote:

08:32 Tricky Provoke the Battle Legends!
08:32 Tricky !r 2d6+2
08:32 Krysmbot Tricky, 5+2 = 7

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Freak: 0 | Danger: 0 | Savior: 0 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +3
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

I hadn't had a chance to really look over the crowd while I was on my way, or really examine the place besides the obvious threat, and then now I notice someone else. Alphonse Stetson, a tech from the SIRI. Of course, another person who might know me, because my life wasn't hard enough already. That cute boy in his lab coat, an Unusual Sciences major- in his case, studying the relationship between radiation and powers. I don't think he'll find anything, since it's only one of many stimuli that have cause people to release powers, but who knows? He tips well, he always talks to you like you're a human being rather than some sort of Pizza Robot.Tall, dark, and currently running towards the strange noises towards the back of the university- poo poo. Well, we'll have to deal with Incident One before we can go back there, I suppose. It's going to be just a moment. I hope everything will be okay.

Speaking of college students, I frown and tap my foot a few times as it's revealed that that may be just what they are- college students. Cosplayers, superpowered, whatever, they're students at the college. My brow furrows as I listen to their words, to their complaints, to their reasoning. Tch. My glasses glint in the sunlight as I look down upon them- and then my gaze levels, and I sigh. "What if someone got hurt? Even if you successfully avoided personally laying a hand on a single person, a single misshot arrow, bolt of magic that knocks down a piece of masonry, one wrong move and you could have killed someone. Is mis-appropriated work worth that? Not to mention the legal repercussions..."

I turn towards the noises in the back, steeling myself. "Come help us. Work with us, whatever- we have more trouble to deal with it seems, and perhaps this can all be resolved without an issue after all."

<Neopie> Provoke The Nerds
<Neopie> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Neopie, 6+1 = 7

And with that, there's no time to stop, no time to rest. Another issue, another panic, another trial. I sigh, flick my glasses onto my face, steel myself, bend down into the proper pose- and dash off at an impossibly fast run deeper into the campus, leaping up onto walls and over rooftops, taking the fastest, most efficient path towards the noise, over the roofs and between the walls.

<Neopie> !roll 2d6
<Krysmbot> Neopie, 6 = 6
Potential.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"Not to mention we're right next to the chemistry lab," I muttered in agreement as Entropy finished her little impromptu lecture. So, we were fighting a bunch of heavily armed videogame cosplayers who can't even stay in character. And here I thought the twins playing so much videogames was never going to pay off.

"... Yeah," I said, in answer to both Hamon and Bolt, as I gave a sideline glance toward the four nerds. "One crisis at a time's probably more manageable right now. We can hopefully talk about putting in a good word and random destruction as a response to intellectual property theft after whatever that was. Like adults." Well, young adults. Young adults who are all dressed up in brightly coloured costumes. Whatever. "If WHISPER, LIONHEART and the others are finished smashing things for now, we should go investigate."

Entropy was already off -- which made sense. I know I can't move that fast, and she had a communicator like the rest of us to let everyone else know what's happening. "Maybe it won't be anything serious," I said, highly optimistically, even as I turn to head toward the source of the new sound. Then I admit: "But the last time I was here someone was hijacking a giant robot-drone, so maybe not."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Yes ma'am, I shall procede to the area with alacrity."

Hamon followed after Entropy, he took a few steps and then stopped. "No perhaps walking there is not the best way."

Stopping to meld the light in a way that would best suit his purposes of getting to the scene of the crisis very quickly, he settled that the best way to get there would be to be propelled there over a long distance.

So he got into the bucket of a hard-light catapult

"This unit will be back shortly" Said Hamon as he nestled into the bucket. "I am 99% sure this will work." There was a click, and Hamon hurtled into the distance.

TheNabster> Rolling to unleash inadvisable power usage
TheNabster> !r 2d6+3
Krysmbot> TheNabster, 5+3 = 8
TheNabster> Ye

I'll let the GM tell me how flinging myself towards an unknown crisis might be in someway temporary or unstable.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 26, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hamon, well, throwing yourself through the air normally doesn't end well, which is why you fashioned a pad to land on when you get there. ...Unfortunately, it's too bouncy, and you end up bouncing across the grassy quad between the cafeteria and the admin building. After the fourth bounce, you manage to stop moving forward, but you've landed right in the middle of the pack of... well... video game demons.

There's a brief moment of calm as everyone takes in the robot that just fell from the sky.

Then the demons abandon the students and try to rush you down!

What do you do?

Bolt and Lodestone and Entropy, the Battle Legends can't seem to agree. Half of them (DARKSHADOW, THE ARCANE BLADE and LIONHEART, THE DIVINE HAND) seem to be on board, but the other two aren't. Well, the demon person still hasn't said anything, but you wouldn't put money on a change of heart. Eventually, Lionheart walks over and says, "Look, I'll come with all of you, and Darkshadow will make sure the others don't do anything crazy, ok? We really don't want anyone to get hurt. But this... project that we're talking about is really important to us. We spent over a year on it, and we were all gonna go into business together with it. So you've gotta promise you'll try and make the college do right by us, ok?"

Bolt and Lodestone, now that they're closer, you're really sure. They you don't think cosplayers or anything. Or if they are, they're freakishly good ones. I mean, they've even got the faint divine glow on Lionheart's breastplate just right.

Anyway, what do you do?

Entropy, as you head out, you see the small horde of pixilated demons, and you also catch sight of their source: a strange, sinister glow within the administration building! Also, Hamon seems to be surrounded! At least some of the students are taking the chance to escape, but still!

What do you do?

Force, you watch the others clear the buildings between you and the disturbance, but you can't see anything from here. As you eye the Battle Legends, you're not too sure they won't get back to their own brand of mayhem if you don't keep an eye on them, though. Between Whisper and the still unnamed demon looking person, which one do you think is most likely to start trouble if you take your eyes off them?

What's the plan, leader?

Plastic Girl, well it looks like you're all cooperating now!

Well, mostly cooperating. Between Whisper and the still unnamed demon looking person, which one do you think is most likely to start trouble if you take your eyes off them?

What do you do?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Freak: -1 | Danger: 0 | Savior: 3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +0

I fly through the air on non-existant wings, kicking off the roof of the buildings around me, dashing atop the quad, over the cafeteria, around the admin building- following Hamon's sets of bounces with my own deft movements, launching myself from rooftop to rooftop , foothold to foothold, watching the havoc of the summoned demons- work of that glow in the building? Work of the demon back there? Investigate both, especially given that our alliance with the Legends seems to be quite fragile, having only pulled some of them into the agreement... But no, I'll make sure they find justice, too, even if it's in the hidden places, in the broken places.

Hamon sits in the middle of a pile of strange demons. Grey tides swarming upon him. My 'wings' carry me aloft, as gravity inevitably pulls me down, my leap carrying me towards him, towards that center of the court. It's a long way down, and the air seems thick, almost palpable- time seems slowed, the world seems thicker, thinner, swimming around me.

I have a job to do. A task to complete- a friend to protect, and a college to save. There is no time for liminality now. There is no time to worry about myself- only act as Entropy and complete my mission, to save everyone, even if I have to do it with my own two bare hands.
Affirming Savior. Mundane and Savior swap.

My feet hit the ground. My knees bend, and extend once more, launching me towards the demons- strike with fist, dash into the crowd, strike and pull away, kick and punch and take blows in return- not that it matters, not that it matters, because my strikes are too quick, too fast, not enough force to deal real damage, but instead I sweep throughout the crowd, pulling every moment of attention away from Hamon, my whirlwind assault doing no real harm, but focusing it all on me, on me- that's all that I need, isn't it?

<Neopie> Defend Hamon
<Neopie> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Neopie, 11+3 = 14
Adding a team.

There was another component to my movements, of course. Each blow I received was stored, placed into me, excess motion, movements of my limbs unneeded, every bit of energy I could get stored, and placed back out into the world, frozen at the point of impact and redirected outwards, into the company of demons, disorienting, wild, spread out among them- yet again, no real damage would be done, but that's not the point- no, the point is to spread out the power everywhere, and release it in one motion, knocking them back and off their guard, leaving a perfect moment, a moment to strike and hurt and win.

My dash carries me back into the clearing with Hamon- I freeze in place, glasses glinting-

And release.
Dangerous WebExactly According to Keikaku (TN Keikaku means plan)
<Neopie> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Neopie, 2+3 = 5
On a miss, the trap inadvertently leads to a
dangerous escalation.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Bolt and Lodestone ooh'd and aah'd over Lionheart's costume for a few moments before more yelling drew their attention back to the other side of campus. They looked at each other and shrugged. Several rounds of rock-paper-scissors ensued, each ties. Bolt finally won. She smiled, "Well, Lodestone, you hold down the fort here and I'll go fight the things making all the racket with LIONHEART. Have fun!" The two booked it off towards the noise.

Lodestone sighed, then looked over at the demon. What was his name again? He'd been pretty quiet during the discussion that Whisper, Lionheart, and Darkshadow had about joining forces. Was he planning something?

quote:

20:12 Tricky Lodestone Piercing the Mask on Unnamed(?) Tiefling
20:12 Tricky !r 2d6
20:12 Krysmbot Tricky, 5 = 5

Using Mirror, Mirror to ask "What are you really feeling right now?" and marking potential.

Meanwhile, Bolt and Lionheart found themselves looking at the sea of pixel demons surrounding Hamon. Bolt sighed, "I probably should have brought Lodestone too. Maybe that demon guy, what's-his face the whatever, won't be a jerk. You know him better than me, LIONHEART, what do you think?"

Her face perked back up into a smile as she bumped her fists together and electricity arced between them. Like a bolt of lightning, she quickly cut into the crowd surrounding Hamon. Her electric-charged haymakers sent demons flying while she easily swayed between their feeble counter-attacks. Bolt smirked, "Hah! And Mom said that Avenue Brawler 7 was a waste of time." She shot into the air and unleashed a pillar of lightning on the demons separating her from Hamon before landing next to him.

"Hey, Mr. Robot! Looks like your classic cyber-demon infestation, huh?"

quote:

20:13 Tricky Bolt Directly Engaging the Demons
20:13 Tricky !r 2d6+1
20:13 Krysmbot Tricky, 9+1 = 10

Resist their blows.
Impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

It's the demon that causes me the most concern not because it's a demon mind you I know better than anyone that you cannot judge a book by it's cover. But because through the whole confrontation He? hasn't even said a word. That kind of worries me. So I dropped back behind the group to walk beside it? for a moment. After trying to think of some way to subtly draw out what it thought I decided just to be direct. "So what are you getting out of all this then? I mean the rest of these people I can see but what's in it for you?"

[11:54] Ferrosol piercing the mask
[11:54] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[11:54] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 12+2 = 14
Asking demon guy what he's really planning, what he wants me to do. and how I could stop him from causing trouble.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure

"Yes" Said Hamon as if being surrounded by pixelated horrors was a fairly unimpressive thing to happen to someone. "They look alive but they are not living, it is very interesting. But this unit supposes we should end this"

Hamon raised his hand as the purr of the hard-light projector increased into a shrill whine, and from the scintillating lines of light appeared...

A large vacuum cleaner, it whirred into life and as the demons scrambled and attempted to flee, hoovered them up and deposited them into the tight confines within.

<TheNabphone> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> TheNabphone, 5+3 = 8
<TheNabphone> Unleashing powers
<TheNabphone> I'll take a condition

"I have dealt with the problem, I hope this solution was acceptable."

Mark Insecure

"Did this unit perform acceptably?"

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 29, 2016

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Fre: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

Plastic Girl was keeping an eye on the silent demon. As much as I was also supposed to be watching her, there comes a point where I have to limit how many people I'm actively being suspicious of at once. WHISPER, THE TRUESHOT seems like they're both the most insistent about this whole costumed vandal thing and their also the one I trust the least right now. So I might as well make use of them. I reach over, and authoritatively grab WHISPER's dorky cloak with one gauntlet-ed hand, beginning to tow them behind me as I run quickly in the direction of the commotion -- Lodestone can definitely take Darkshadow if it comes to that, and it looks like Plastic Girl is actually doing a pretty good job with demon guy. "Alright, come on, Legolas," I say. "You're with me. Whatever that commotion is, it's sure not getting quieter, and I can't leave my team out there to fend for themselves in a fight. Your buddy's over there already too, so you're definitely helping out."

(2:51:01 PM) Gazetteer: Provoke WHISPER, THE TRUESHOT to be cool and just go with this:
(2:51:02 PM) Gazetteer: !r 2d6+2
(2:51:03 PM) Krysmbot: Gazetteer, 9+2 = 11

We arrived just in time to see Hamon largely deal with the problem. There were still some stragglers, of course, but the threat was greatly diminished. It gave me enough breathing room to be able to reassure him, at least -- he seemed oddly uncertain about things. I released WHISPER's cloak as we approach the rest of the group, and I turn my head to face our mechanical team member. "You're doing fine," I told Hamon, trying to sound supportive but stern. "We're all on this team for a reason -- you wouldn't be here if you couldn't pull your own weight." Great. Now I was just parroting what the Lawman told me, more or less. I did mean it, though, and I wanted Hamon to believe that -- hopefully, it would work out more for him than it did for me.

(5:48:49 PM) Gazetteer: Using Heroic Tradition to Comfort or Support Hamon with Saviour:
(5:48:52 PM) Gazetteer: .roll 2d6+2
(5:48:52 PM) Platonibot: Gazetteer: 8 (2d6+2=5, 1)

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Entropy, you do your best to keep the digital demons off of Hamon while he recovers, and all the while, you slap small explosives on the demons. You figure you can get someone else to set them off. Unfortunately , Hamon vacuums them all in one place! If they all go off at once... that'd be really bad! Like, replacing the quad with a crater and maybe later there'll be a tasteful memorial for the brave heroes, etc, etc.

What do you do?

Bolt, you zap a few of them while Entropy is distracting them, and interestingly, they all explode into pixels that quickly fade away as soon as you zap them. They try to rush you, but thankfully Hamon's timely vacuum keeps them from making any progress.

You manage to make them angry!

Lodestone, Well, first off, you remember their name is... THE UNNAMED. Yes, it's a bit confusing, but them's video games. Anyway, you catch The Unnamed staring back at you, and their eyes drill into you. They're... curious. They see the connection you have with Bolt, and they're jealous. But you also get the feeling that you're being read like an open book.

Answer the following questions:
what do you intend to do?
how could I gain Influence over you?
how could I get your character to let me get back to wrecking the school?

What do you do?

Force, Whisper glares at you as you half drag her off, but she doesn't put up a fight. The two of you arrive right after Lionheart and Bolt do, while Hamon sucks up the pixel demons all into one place. He did do a pretty good job, huh? Guess even robots need to hear that. Outside of that, there's an ominous glowing coming from the Admin building, and Lionheart and Whisper are both staring at it, looking worried.

What do you do?

Hamon, you've hoovered them up, and with Force's encouragement, you're sure you're doing the right thing. Anyway, they're all in the same place now, so one big hit should end the fight, right?

What do you do?

Any condition damage dealt to hordes while they're grouped up is doubled.

Plastic Girl, It's just you and Lodestone with the creepy demon person and a much more sympathetic swordperson with pointy ears. Still, you know the demon person hasn't changed their mind. The only reason they haven't started fighting is because they're convinced it's a three on one. If it were just a two on one, they'd probably take a shot. So, obviously, he wants you to leave. As far as stopping him from causing trouble? Well, sticking around will do that, but if you really want to keep them from doing anything for long, you'll either have to incapacitate them or help them go look for proof about how they were all robbed.

You don't get any of this from words, though, as the demon just snorts and looks away from you. The pointy eared person gives you an embarrassed shrug. Things do sound like they're coming to a head over by the quad, though.

What do you do?

Also, can everyone put their location in their stat block. And if you split up Bolt/ Lodestone, write both locations in the order of Bolt's location/ Lodestone's location.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Bolt - The Quad, Lodestone - HCC

Bolt looked closely at the group of pixelated demons and then back at LIONHEART and WHISPER. They seemed awfully concerned with the glowing building. What could be going on in there? Was it a portal to the video game dimension? She could only hope.

quote:

13:10 Tricky (Bolt) Assessing the Situation
13:10 Tricky !r 2d6+2
13:10 Krysmbot Tricky, 6+2 =

How could we best end this permanently?

Lodestone met THE UNNAMED's eyes. It felt unusual, but he quickly glanced away. He was really worried about Bolt and wanted to get to the Quad. She was doing fine over there, but it was weird being split up like this.

quote:

What do you intend to do? I'm going to stop you from causing trouble while everyone is split up! I guess that really just looks like standing here, though.
How could I gain Influence over you? I already think you're kind of cool and am somewhat sympathetic to your party, so maybe if you did something heroic? Past that, filling us in on what happened to cause all of this would do it if it was a good sob story.
How could I get your character to let me get back to wrecking the school? If we moved to the Quad, I would get sucked into the fight with the demons and stop paying much attention to you.

Lodestone shook his head, then looked back at the demon. The rest of them really did seem like a good group, but that guy was giving him the heeby-geebies. DARKSHADOW seemed reasonable, though, so maybe he would help them out if things got out of hand.

quote:

13:13 Tricky (Lodestone) Assessing the Situation
13:13 Tricky !r 2d6+2
13:13 Krysmbot Tricky, 9+2 =

What here is in the greatest danger?
What here can I use to turn DARKSHADOW against THE UNNAMED?

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Location: Outside Admin Building

I didn't miss the expression on LIONHEART and WHISPER's faces. I step toward them, crossing my arms in suspicion. "Does this glowing thing have anything to do with you people?" I asked. "Or... that research that some mystery doctor stole from you? Is that also why we're suddenly fighting cartoon demons?"

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

Oh loving hell, I messed up- I didn't anticipate Hamon pulling them all into such a small space, that kind of locked in pressure is going to burst the 'bag' or something, and redirect all that force that should have just dissapitated into the air right down into the courtyard, which means it's going to take some SERIOUS chunks out of the ground, not to mention the people standing there (IE: Us)

"Hamon! That bag is about to explode, there's some serious energy inside it! Let it go, I'm going to redirect it to send the demons into the air, but if they're inside the bag that'll just pop it and Very Bad Things will happen!" Of course, I shouldn't have assumed my teammates would know what I was doing, without saying anything at all.

Some times, you make mistakes.

But you need to fix them. My team is counting on me. I don't have time to be wrong. I leap into the air- and onto the bag of the vaccum cleaner. I need to be close if this is going to work- but in theory, I can reabsorb that energy into myself and redirect it once more, so that's what I'm going to give a shot at- absorbing that kinetic energy and reapplying it to the demons, straight up into the air, for them to fall back down and suffer. Not only will this get them the gently caress out, but it should also cause them a hell of a lot of suffering in return- there's a lot of risk inherent in this plan, but in theory, it SHOULD work...

<Nea> Unleash powers
<Nea> !roll 2d6+0
<Krysmbot> Nea, 9+0 = 9
Temporary or unstable.

<Nea> directly engage
<Nea> !roll 2d6+0
<Krysmbot> Nea, 11+0 = 11
Impress, frighten, surprise
Create an oppourtunity- ideally, for them to investigate the STRANGE GLOW

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Demon Field > Glowing Building.

Hamon looked at FORCE, then looked at Entropy dealing very finally with the assembled demon hordes and made a decision.

"Thank you for the reinforcement of my actions ma'am, I shall investigate the meaning of the mysterious glowing structure." He took a drew steps thought and then said. "If I immediately leave the structure through a window please do not be alarmed.."

Hamon thought about using the catapult again... But decided against it. Instead he simply walked up to the doors, knocked and when there was no answer went inside.

Well there is such a thing as manners after all.

Dunno if I need to roll anything once I'm inside the building, but Hamon is going to check it out and walk through the front door.

If he accelerates out of the door faster then he came in we may tell from this that something is wrong.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

"So you say you were robbed?" I asked. "Who robbed you and why didn't you report it to the police or something instead of well this" I said gesturing to the swords and crossbows and what have you. "tell me what they took from you and I might be able to get it back for you. If it's stolen property after all then they can't really complain. I don't want to start a fight with you not when there's bigger problems to deal with."

[10:55] Ferrosol comfort or supporting videogame squad
[10:55] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[10:55] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+2 = 10

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Plastic Girl: The two remaining members of the video game squad trade looks with each other, and Darkshadow looks at you, confused, "I mean, they didn't steal anything physical from us. The professor just kicked us out of the lab and locked us out of the computer system. We put over a year of work into our human-computer interface and now it's all locked up..." He trails off, then he starts getting visibly excited at an idea and says, "If we can get to... the professor's office, we can download our work! He's really lazy, so he always has the computer remember them. We just have to get to his desktop!" The Unnamed frowns at the idea, but with a bit of encouragement from Darkshadow eventually gives a small nod of agreement. They then turn to look back at you and Lodestone, waiting to see if you're on board with the plan.

You have to pick one person to comfort, but we'll go with DARKSHADOW, since THE UNNAMED isn't gonna open up.

Lodestone: Well... it does seem like that's what they want. If you can get them the work that was stolen, the rest of them will leave, and even if THE UNNAMED still wants to bust stuff up, it'd be six on one!

What do you do?

Entropy: Your plan goes off without a hitch! The last of the demons in the bag dissipate into their component pixels

Well... Maybe there's a small hitch. You're starting to vibrate. A lot. You've gotta let all that energy out somehow. Either let it out and tear up the quad or find something really big to hit. Like, fast.

What do you do?

If you don't take care of it in the two posts, you're just gonna let all that energy out over the quad and wreck the place. You and your friends are tough enough that you won't get hurt by it, but it's gonna make for a lot of collateral damage.

Hamon:As you wheel in, you find a large, glowing rip in space. It's a pleasant pink color, but it also crackles with violent energy. You think you see something glimmering in the center of portal as well. The rest of this floor of the admin building seems empty, but there are stairs that spiral up behind the portal and lead to a second floor.

What do you do?

Force: Lionheart looks past you, towards the building and says, "Um... Maybe? That glow... It looks sort of like the same energy that changed us into... this." He gestures towards himself self consciously. He continues, "We didn't really... I mean, we didn't think it'd really work. It was just a legend, right? Whisper?"
Whisper says, "Right? It was just an old relic. But isn't this just cool! We're, like, superheroes now too!"

Also, Hamon hasn't been tossed out of a window. So that's good.

What do you do?

Bolt: you're pretty sure that, right now, Entropy's not doing to well. She's shaking. Or... she's standing still, but her body's doing like a weird phase shift thing if you look reaaaaaaallly closely.

What do you do?

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Admin Building First Floor > Admin Building Second Floor

Yes, Hamon calculated that there might be something like this exact thing within the building now that he has found it it would be prudent to inform FORCE, he tapped his star communicator.

"This is Hamon, I have located a bright pink rift on the first floor lobby in the Admin building, this is possibly the reason behind the unusual demons. This unit has searched this floor and can also confirm no bystanders or hostiles seem to be present on the first floor." Yes the rift is possibly a reason why all these strange things are happening , but although Hamon is only up to page 341 in Dimensional Theory and the Instability Between Worlds, what he does grasp is that rifts do not tend to just happen randomly, there is always some sort of triggering event to cause them. He didn't have the necessary apparatus to safely close dimensional tears on his chassis, but perhaps there is something of use upstairs.

"I will proceed with my investigation of the second floor, and will keep you informed." With that, Hamon attempted to move very carefully, giving the rift a wide berth as he made his way towards the stairs to the second floor.

Hamon has identified a possible rift, but he isn't equipped to deal with it so he will check out the next floor up instead, make sure the building is free of bystanders or possibly catch the cause and/or culprit behind the rifts. Entropy might be best suited for rift-closing though, she could possibly even dump her energy through the open rift safely.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 2, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Bolt - The Quad, Lodestone - HCC

Bolt looked over at Entropy. Either she had the worst case of coffee jitters of all time -- not surprising, given how stressed she usually looked -- or she was about to explode! Just then, the sultry sounds of Rawhide filled the air followed by Hamon's slightly less sultry report on the dimensional tear. Bolt looked thoughtful for a moment as she put all of the pieces together. Pixel demons? The Battle Legends were transformed regular people? Glowing rift with a bit in the middle? She wasn't an expert at dimensional super-science or theoretical physics, but if there was one area she felt completely at home with it was the strange logic of video games.

If she was right -- if -- then overloading the rift should give it enough juice to stabilize and open an avenue for Entropy to unload her extra energy. After a few moments the excess energy in the portal field should then completely throw it out of whack and reveal whatever that deal in the middle is. It might also just blow up the building. Video games love their load-bearing macguffins.

Bolt grinned at Entropy, "Ready for a bit of portal hunting? I'm going to juice that sucker and give you a shot to unload on it." Without really waiting for Entropy to respond, she started sprinting at the Admin building, dramatically tucking and rolling, crackling in electricity, as she jumped through the window instead of the open door right next to it. Twin spears of lightning shot through the air into the rip, stretching it into a perfect circle, like the skin over a drum frame, that crackled and rippled with energy as it extended down and formed a pink, coruscating punching bag. It looked like the perfect target for Entropy to let off some steam.

quote:

Tricky (Bolt) Unleashing Powers on the dimensional tear !r 2d6+1
Krysmbot Tricky, 11+1 = 12

Stabilizing the portal for Entropy to unload her energy.

Lodestone looked over at Plastic Girl, "That sounds pretty reasonable to me. If the password is the same and saved on the computer. Plus we can definitely take 'em if it's a trick."

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None

I can feel the energy welling up inside me, tearing me in all directions, searching for an escape, for a release. I have to get it out or something horrid is going to happen, to us, to the quad, to something, and it will at bare minimum be very dangerous to our reputation as superheroes in the end, not to mention to me. This strange game, this strange day... Mmn, I don't want it to end badly, I don't want anyone to get hurt- not again.

So I must do something. According to my teammates, there is a portal, presumably where the demons are coming from, powered by.. whatever it is. This may also be the source of the game powers of the cosplayers, the Battle Legends. Perhaps by destroying it, I can solve this, and not to mention... It's a good place to shove my energy. On the other hand, it's in the middle of a building, where backfiring would be bad, to say the least.

Bolt and Loadstone had already acted- fine, given that it was the plan that I was going to go with anyways, but perhaps rash to make that decision unilaterally. Conveniently, they've also opened a path- which I follow, making a quick leap through the window, and entering the Laboratory. There it is the ,portal, magnificent and wide and raging- well, only one shot to do this.

I stand in front of it, take a deep breath, and place my palms forwards, allowing the energy to build, to course through my form, to focus- and-
<Nea> Entropy: Unleash Powers
<Nea> !roll 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Nea, 4-1 = 3
The flow catches- it stops, it halts. It's coming out, but I don't know how, I don't know when, I don't know WHAT's going to happen, quite frankly, I, I... I didn't anticipate this, but I CAN mitigate the effects- pull the energy back into me, focus it, or even... I take one, two, three steps towards the portal, practically face first into it- It's going to come out forwards. It won't come out correctly, but... forwards.

Hopefully, only I need to suffer, here. I'll protect everyone else, even if I die in the attempt.

<Nea> Well, let's see if we can salvage this- defend As Much As I Can from the Probable Horrible Side Effects In A Way That Will Probably Hurt Me
<Nea> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Nea, 9+3 = 12
Adding a team.

Nea fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Aug 5, 2016

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Location: Inside Admin Building

"Superheroes don't go around smashing--"

I cut myself off mid-sentence, as multiple things happened all at once. Entropy and the bombs, Hamon's report, Entropy and the portal now...

This was all happening way too fast. A good team leader could have been on top of this. One who really knew what she was doing would have been able to preempt it somehow, or at least would have understood what was going on. At first, it seemed like between Entropy and Bolt, the two of them at least had a tolerably decent plan. Something was definitely wrong now, though. She couldn't die! Especially not on our first mission! "Entropy!" I shouted, charging into the building after her, but I already knew I was too slow. Whatever was about to happen, I was only going to be able to stand by and watch.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Entropy, Bolt may have primed it for you, but it's up to you to dump the rest of your energy into it.

And... it's not going well. You absorbed a lot of concussive energy, and the portal... well, there's a lot that's just not really there. It is a hole in reality, after all. But

You figure you have to just let it all out into the portal and see what happens.

For a moment, nothing. Then, the portal starts to shake. Or... well... vibrate. It starts growing bigger, as well. From your vantage point, you can see a large, red hand reaching towards the portal. Unfortunately, you dumped everything you had into that, so you don't have a chance of getting out of the way. So, when this four story demon erupts out of the portal (and through the ceiling), it's with you well in hand.

A pink, glittering gem falls to floor and bounces a few times before settling almost underfoot.

What do you do?

Force, Lionheart doesn't say anything, instead looking embarrassed, but Whisper yells after you, "It's not our fa- oh my god."

You don't have much time to wonder about what she's talking about as you see a giant demon bust through the roof of the admin building, with Entropy in one fist and a giant flaming sword in another!

What do you do?

Bolt, this is totally the boss fight, right? Maaaan, this is so cool! How's Lodestone feel when the image of the giant demon fight reaches both of your minds?

What do you do?

Hamon, As you went to investigate the top floor, the stairs underneath you erupted with demon flesh and sent you flying. As you're currently flying through the air... you'll soon hit the ground. You should rectifiy this situation.

What do you do?

Everyone, make sure you have an advantage before you attack. He's a big ol' demon ready for a fight, so don't think you can just pile on.

Lodestone and Plastic Girl, the sound of the fight on the quad reaches a crescendo as you hear the sound of a collapsing building. The other two heroes (?) aren't stopping though, heading right towards a trio of pixel demons standing between them and the computer science building!

What do you do?

Lodestone, How's Bolt feel about the three demons you're looking to square off with?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: None

And here I am, my plan releasing a demon. I should have known better than this. Mysterious portals never work out for the better, especially given the situations like this only one thing to d, and that's to strike- or I woukd, we're I not held within its grasp, bones complaining and body aching as it squeezes and squeezes, pressing it's vile talons into my form- unfortunately for it. This won't save it, not by a longshot. I have fI've teammates, here and ready to act.

All I need to do is set them up. My facell pulls into a blank, emotionless expression, as I twist and pull my limbs, carefully shimmy ng and jumping right out, before leaping up towards its face! [Ai] 10 on Unleash here. [/i]

Up on its face, I am conveniently near a whole bunch of important bits, and my own strikes are preared thusly. I doubt without any enervy I can do real damage but distract it for the others? For certain.

I pause, smile just slightly- and then go for the eyes.

Provoke it to focus on me and leave an opening for the others. Got a 3.

Nea fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 11, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Admin Building Second Floor > Admin Building Airspace

Hamon looked around the second floor, there did not seem to be anything worth noting within the building, he tapped the communicator once more. "This is Hamon, the second floor is clear."

Then the building erupted and Hamon was flung through the roof. With his finger still on the star, he continued. "This unit wishes to amend that previous statement, the second floor is now on the first floor." He got a good look at the large demon, reached out and paused.

This wasn't like the other beings, which he merely contained as a matter of course he may have to apply physical force to this one. Can he do that? Ah yes but he had produced something for this occasion, he ran down the checklist

Is it sentient? It appears to be of the same energy as the pixel demons from earlier, they demons from earlier were wild animals in behavior and had only rudimentry bestial intelligence. No

Does it bleed? It does not seem to contain from a brief scan, any organs or other signs of living tissue matter that would allow this unit to consider it an organic thing. No

Does ask not to be killed? An emergency catch all in case of mistaken sentience or unusual physiology. However it doesn't seem to be making the attempt to ask for mercy. No

Conclusion: Non-Living Dangerous Being, Solution: Terminate with extreme prejudice.

It's head is above the ground and out of reach of most of Hamon's teammates, therefore the solution is to bring the head down to ground level so his allies could reach. Holding out his hand he remembers a very interesting picture the Nijimura humanoid had shown him the last time he had come around and decided something heavy, and large, falling from a great height would be what this unit required to achieve this end.

This is why the Monster looked up.

16:09 TheNabster Hamon uses ROAD ROLLADA
16:09 TheNabster !r 2d6+1 (+2 because I should have made it an Unleash power roll
16:09 Krysmbot TheNabster, 6+3 = 9
16:09 TheNabster It's moderatly effective

>Gonna make this temporary or unstable, unless someone wants to throw a team my way to make it a perfect effect.

And was hit by several tons of incredibly heavy hard-light steam roller falling from a great height. "Bend", said Hamon, the Road Roller was replaced with a selection of chains and weights to force the unbalanced monster further towards the floor.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 6, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Bolt - Big Demon, Lodestone - Small Demons

Bolt quickly slid over to the bouncing jewel and secured it in an insulated pouch. Useful things, pouches. Maybe Hamon could take a quick peek at it using his super-sciency-sensors later on. After they dealt with THE BOSS. But now? Game time.

Lodestone posted:

Hey, Nat, I'm looking at three demons, any id- OH MY GOODNESS. Why are you fighting an incredibly huge demon?

Bolt posted:

Boss time, bro! Entropy and I juiced the portal to get the thing in the middle -- some kind of jewel -- and then big, red, and ugly popped out! No biggie, I have a few ideas on this angle. Did you bring those bags of iron filings like I told you to? Try magnet-ing them into a sword or something.

Lodestone posted:

OK. Be safe.

As Hamon rocketed down from the heavens, riding hard-light construction equipment, Bolt felt a tear come to her eye. He was such a good robot. She started hopping and shuffling her feet to build up a static charge which, combined with her natural electricity, soon built up into some truly lethal levels of energy. She shot forward, hopped up to the bound demon's left horn, and grabbed hold. For a moment, nothing seemed to happen. The demon writhed and tried to fight its way out of the hard-light bindings. Then the circuit completed. Electricity shot from Bolt's body arcing and twisting straight through the horn and into the demon. He wasn't interested in fighting off the bindings any longer -- he was much more concerned with getting her off his head. Instead of the current grounding out like normal, Bolt twisted the flow back in to her body before it could exit the demon. The process repeated several times, intensifying each time, before Bolt was finally flung from the demon's head. She tucked, rolled, and tumbled back to her feet, electricity crackling between her fingers and throughout her hair.

quote:

Tricky
(Bolt) Spending a team to improve Hamon's roll to 10
(Bolt) Directly engaging the boss
!r 2d6+1
Krysmbot
Tricky, 7+1 = 8

Resisting the demon's blows.

Lodestone grinned as he faced the smaller demons. Nat was right, he did have something that should work for this situation. He grabbed a pair of small bags on his belt and then flung them towards the demons. They exploded into glittering puffs that surrounded the demons and quickly started covering their bodies and hindering their movements. He reached out with his power and pulled the leftmost demon towards him. Much, much faster than he was expecting. Heavier, too. The demon bowled him over and the two struggled on the ground.

Bolt posted:

SWORD. NOW.

Lodestone flung the iron-covered demon into the air before stripping it of the iron coating. The glittering motes coalesced into a sword that Lodestone stabbed upward with as the demon fell towards him.

quote:

Tricky
(Lodestone) Directly engage the little demons
!r 2d6+1
Krysmbot
Tricky, 5+1 = 6
Tricky
Using "In Each Other's Heads" to spend a team to bump that to a 7.

Providing an opening to Plastic Girl.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Location: Inside Admin Building

With Entropy out of its hand, at least, the sword was the single biggest danger to my team. Sure, the thing would still be huge with or without a weapon, but it waving something like that around certainly wasn't helping. It was impossible to banish the image of one of my team members cut in half or horribly maimed, and it being all my fault for being such an incompetent leader and letting this happen. If anyone was going to get cut in half, it should be me.

"I'll try to disarm it," I say, but I'm already off. Running jump, hit that wall with both feet, use the airtime to twist around and drive a hard kick into its wrist. If it were anything at all like a human, the wrist would be a weak enough point to make it drop the sword with a blow like that. My body was already following through with the plan almost as soon as my training helps me formulate it. I was in the air, about to feel my armoured boot drive into soft, pixelly flesh.

(12:45:36 AM) Gazetteer: .roll 2d6-1
(12:45:38 AM) Platonibot: Gazetteer: 4 (2d6-1=1, 4)

Or that's how it should have happened.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Seeing the demons from the computer run towards me I leapt forward to fight them. Only to find myself beaten by the quicker lodestone who had managed to toss one of the demons up into the air. As I leapt I transformed into what I used to call my Grizzly Max form. Have you ever got a good look at a Grizzly bear? It's all mass muscle and unstoppable strength. With a human mind to direct it it's nasty in a brawl that didn't require much in the way of finesse. I roared out my defiance and swung my claws around to cut and tear at the demon as I bounded to the ground.

[01:01] Ferrosol directly engaging 8-bit demon
[01:01] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[01:01] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7 = 7
Frighten them

My claws slashed through them like they were made of tissue paper and I landed awkwardly in front of Lodestone. As the demons circled nervously trying to find an opening that wouldn't leave them vulnerable myself.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

BGM 007

Entropy, well, you do manage to wriggle out of the demon's grip. In fact, the vibration annoys it so much that it just ends up flicking you off its arm, like one would an irritating bug.
Take a powerful blow.
The flick also sends you flying well away from the fight...

Bolt and Hamon,the electric shock enrages the demon enough that it starts flailing around, shaking off Hamon's light chains and knocking over part of the remaining wall of the admin building. However, before it can lash out further, it finds itself under attack from Whisper and Lionheart! With their combined onslaught, they're doing a fantastic job of keeping the large demon busy. Now's your chance!

Demon King marks angry

Force, unfortunately, video game enemies don't have much in the way of discernible anatomy. It's either a weak point you hit for massive damage or it's just a hit box. So, while you probably took a bit off its health bar, it tosses you off and swings the giant hunk of metal it calls a sword at you. Thankfully, it misses, but that just means it cuts a gouge out of the remaining wall on the building, showering you in brick and stone!
Take a powerful blow.

It would have been much worse, potentially catching your entire team in the rain of rubble, but Lionheart deflects most of the debris by invoking a protective, magical dome over himself and your teammates. ...They may be college students, but at least Lionheart has the right instincts for this sort of thing. You probably owe him one for looking out for your team like that.
Lionheart takes influence over you.

Lodestone and Plastic Girl, the pair of you make mincemeat of two demons, but the last demon lunges in and slashes it's claws at Lodestone while he's distracted. It gives Plastic Girl a wide berth, as those claws are way too vicious to tangle with right now.

Lodestone, take a powerful blow

Darting back out of the melee, it still glares at the four of you. Apparently, morale checks weren't programmed into the game. You all square up for another skirmish when Entropy comes tumbling out of the sky and bowls the last demon over, scattering its pixels across the pavement.

Now that the fight is over, The Unnamed immediately strides into the building, while Darkshadow at least stops to check and see if Entropy is ok and offer her a hand up.

What do you do?

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Aug 10, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Bolt - Big Demon, Lodestone - Small Demons

Lodestone grimaced as he dropped to a knee. Blood dripped from cuts across his torso. The slashes from the demon weren't as bad as he feared, having missed his vitals, but it would take him a minute or two to get the bleeding under control. "I, uh, think I'm going to need a quick breather. Go on in without me, I'll catch up as soon as I can," he said to Entropy and Plastic Girl.

He pulled a roll of cloth out of a pouch and then began wrapping the worst of the cuts. A thin layer of iron filings over the cloth let him apply gentle pressure to the wounds.

quote:

Tricky Taking a powerful blow
Tricky !r 2d6
Krysmbot Tricky, 7 = 7

Giving ground/opportunity.

Bolt looked up at the Demon King, contemplating her next avenue of attack. It really hadn't liked her electricity. That indicated that it was at least somewhat vulnerable -- could she use that to reveal it's weak spot? What kind of giant boss doesn't have a glowing weak point, anyways? Electricity crackled between her fingertips as she threw bolt after bolt of lightning into the Demon King. Electricity arced and danced across the red, somewhat digital flesh.

Bolt grinned with satisfaction, "If I'm right, this should help reveal a weak point or something! Be ready to unload on anything weird and glowing, alright?"

quote:

Tricky
(Bolt) Directly Engaging the Demon King
!r 2d6+1
Krysmbot
Tricky, 10+1 = 11

Resist blows, create opportunity.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Campus Quad Battlezone.

"If I'm right, this should help reveal a weak point or something! Be ready to unload on anything weird and glowing, alright?"

"Affirmative, this unit will attempt to attack its weak-point for massive damage." As the fight progressed he began crunching some numbers in his head.

This creature weighs about this much. The projectors danced, this is going to be a big projection. And so the force required to down it will be about, this much. The rough object started to be crafted from it's surface. So I will need a weight of this mass, travelling at this velocity and hitting it right... and he saw it, Bolt had done her job very well and at that moment saw exactly where he needed to strike.

"Please cover your ears." The projection was complete, as the beast attempted to swat Bolt and the Adventurers away, a pole jabbed into it's weak-point. When it looked up it found that it wasn't just a pole it was a tube, and it saw a long, long, pole being drawn back along it's inside, vibrating with the suddenly large amount of pent up potential energy as it charged up until-

"Light Projection #322: Pilebunker"

22:59 TheNabster Hamon gonna hit that dude /real/ hard
22:59 TheNabster !r 2d6+1
22:59 Krysmbot TheNabster, 11+1 = 12
22:59 TheNabster Yeah boi

>Resist their blows
>Take away it's footing, knock it's rear end down.

The energy uncoiled all at once, all of the force in immeasurable kilo-joules of kinetic energy right where it would hurt, with a resounding BOOM that rang across the campus and blew out the remaining windows of the Admin building.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 11, 2016

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Location: Inside Admin Building

(7:23:14 PM) Gazetteer: Take a powerful blow from Fomortiis the giant demon:
(7:23:15 PM) Gazetteer: .roll 2d6
(7:23:16 PM) Platonibot: Gazetteer: 6 (2d6=2, 4)

I only had time for a startled "oof!" as I hit the ground before the bricks and masonry started to rain down on my head. All I could do was to throw my arms over my head and hope my armour could take the punishment. Apart from a few bruises -- to various limbs and my ego -- it turned out that it could. There were probably a few dents and scratches to sand off, and some joints that wouldn't bend as smoothly as they were supposed to, but, well, better some busted armour than some busted bones.

I pushed myself up just in time to realise that LIONHEART had just stopped the rest of the team from getting the same treatment I'd just had. Destruction of public property or no, I really would need to put in a good word for them, after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Insecure (-2 Defend and Reject) Guilty (-2 Provoke and Assess)

I have to admit, I didn't quite think this would happen, in the work of all my brilliant plans, I didn't anticipate being flicked off like some irking bug. I suppose that sall amount of attention should allow the others to make their move- but on the other hand, it means I'm in a great deal of pain, and also flying at thirty miles per hour through the air. I close my eyes, tuck my arms in, and scrunch up my face, and wait for the moment of impact. It's a surprsingly long time, I know it MUST have been only seconds, but it feels like an eternity of waiting, of hurting - and then I feel an impact, and whatever I landed on broke, or vanished, or /something/, because I hit the ground shoulders first, neck lifted so I don't break it, pain filling my body...

Son of a /bitch/, that hurt... But I can't stop now. Fight's not over. My body doesn't want to work, and I'm going to have to figure out how to hide dozens of bruises, for while I'm tough I'm not quite THAT tough. This is going to make my day... interesting. Maybe I got hit by a car, but got lucky...?

Take a powerful blow- 8.
She's going to struggle past, but this is a huge emotional blow, not to mention a physical one- she's Insecure and Guilty that this all happened

... I hope everyone is okay. After a long moment I finally get up, reaching up to clasp Darkshadow's hand, giving them a simple nod of thanks as I unsteadily pull myself to my feet. ".. I suppose it was too much to hope that that would go off flawlessly.I... I need to get back to the fight now. Thanks." Was it the right thing to do to get their help? To promise something I'm not sure I can do, to get them their justice?

... No time to worry, is there? I have to run. So I do- I brace myself, bending my legs and taking a deep breath, and through the pain and soreness and battered limbs, I run, run on for the fight, to the fight- I hope I can make it in time...

<Nea> now, to unleash to get back into the fight
<Nea> !roll 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Nea, 7-1 = 6
Fifth Potential: taking Suck It, Domitian..

• Locked thread