Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
After years and years of strict religious upbringing, I have so many emotions of shame connected to the act of sexmaking, so Im gonna have to go with tower of intellect on this one. Luckily all my friends are weird sex perverts who take good care of the women around me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
i'm watching a documentary on modern space exploration with two beautiful women in my arms, op.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

scott zoloft posted:

i'm watching a documentary on modern space exploration with two beautiful women in my arms, op.

For the last time, Scotty. Star Wars isn't a documentary despite the fact it says it happened a long time ago.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Booblord Zagats posted:

For the last time, Scotty. Star Wars isn't a documentary despite the fact it says it happened a long time ago.

they're impressed with my depth knowledge of the ecology in the dagobah system.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Would you like to make some gently caress, bezerker?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

scott zoloft posted:

they're impressed with my depth knowledge of the ecology in the dagobah system.

i hear the yoda rut is particularly strong this time of year

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
bogwings have cork screw penises.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Since you didn't say "be" a tower of intellect, just that people think you are, I'll go with the first choice. I'd rather be an average schlub getting mad pussy than a guy who everybody treats like a total uptight rear end in a top hat or as somebody who knows everything about everything.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Ignorance is bliss OP

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

VendaGoat posted:

I will refute my own point, close this thread and state that I am a "Complete and total rear end in a top hat" if you; can provide three real life examples of persons that are considered, by the public, to be; both a sex symbol and a very intelligent person. They are also recognized by peers in both fields, that being social dichotomy and the academic community as a whole. And finally, you provide a well thought out, researched and annotated thesis as to your thesis, as stated in this thread.

Otherwise, go gently caress yourself.

Hedy Lamarr
Lord Byron
Howard Hughes

WTF is the 'field of social dichotomy?
Who are the recognized experts of that field? If one cannot be both, according to your thesis, then the 'experts' of the 'field of social dichotomy' must be unintelligent. If so, can they really be called experts? Or is your theory more 'sexy Schroedinger' where smart and sexy can exist in superposition until examined, and then it has to be one or the other? That seems more sour grapes by the observer that he or she isn't both, rather than an empirical fact.

According to your thesis, how does this either/or split function? Is there a specific quanta of genetic 'points' that can be used to max either the 'smart' or 'sexy' stats? If so, how can dumb and ugly people exist?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'd rather someone cure my carpal tunnel so I can play call of duty regularly again. :smith:

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Lord Byron sniffes his fingers

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

just dropped an ode to a grecian burn lol sorry mate you're done

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

joat mon posted:

Hedy Lamarr
Lord Byron
Howard Hughes

WTF is the 'field of social dichotomy?
Who are the recognized experts of that field? If one cannot be both, according to your thesis, then the 'experts' of the 'field of social dichotomy' must be unintelligent. If so, can they really be called experts? Or is your theory more 'sexy Schroedinger' where smart and sexy can exist in superposition until examined, and then it has to be one or the other? That seems more sour grapes by the observer that he or she isn't both, rather than an empirical fact.

According to your thesis, how does this either/or split function? Is there a specific quanta of genetic 'points' that can be used to max either the 'smart' or 'sexy' stats? If so, how can dumb and ugly people exist?

:salt:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Kuato posted:

I'd rather someone cure my carpal tunnel so I can play call of duty regularly again. :smith:

You loving idiot, don't you know you have to stop using the keyboard to fix carpal tunnel? Which would benefit me because I'd love to see you post less, Kuato you piece of goddamn poo poo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

lonesomedwarf posted:

why can'not it be both

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Both of these kinds of people sound like total wads, so neither.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

VendaGoat posted:

I will refute my own point, close this thread and state that I am a "Complete and total rear end in a top hat" if you; can provide three real life examples of persons that are considered, by the public, to be; both a sex symbol and a very intelligent person. They are also recognized by peers in both fields, that being social dichotomy and the academic community as a whole. And finally, you provide a well thought out, researched and annotated thesis as to your thesis, as stated in this thread.

Otherwise, go gently caress yourself.

Giacomo Girolamo Casanova
Hedy Lamarr
Lord Byron

suck it nerd

jlechem
Nov 2, 2011

Fun Shoe
Yeah gently caress the brainyness. I want to hit as much pussy as possible.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

Giacomo Girolamo Casanova
Hedy Lamarr
Lord Byron

suck it nerd

:salt:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

bleep.bloop posted:

Based on my lifelong experiences as the smartest person in the room, I would much rather be a sex symbol. Find me a smart person who prefers it to getting laid and I'll show you a liar.

maybe you should stop hanging out with coma patients?

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Sex symbol easily. Being super intellectual requires you to forge your own way or you will be mercilessly taken advantage of. I'd rather sit back and get blown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Was her mind a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives?

• Locked thread