Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mags

I am a congenital optimist.
Post in this thread if you want to chat about good movies, your favorite actor, an excellent film score, or whatever movie related you want to chat about!

I'd like to take the time to give some amazing kudos to some of the best make-up effects i've seen in a film in a very long time. Of course I am talking about the 2012 version of Victor Hugo's classic Les Misérables

The image presented here is really all you need, although you must watch to film to see the constistency of makeup designer Lisa Wescott. While they kept Hugh basically the same, Russell Crowe makes an amazing performance as Fantine, all with Anne Hathaway's face! The same for Anne, she is made up like Amanda Seyfried to play a very convincing Cosette. The shift continues to the most compelling choice of all, Amanda Seyfried cast as the dogged lawman Javert, all while wearing a rather grizzled and worn face and voice of Russell Crowe. The casting and makeup choices really accent Tom Hooper's choices in depicting a morally gray revolutionary France, where people's motives and morals may not be what they seem, except the obviously just yet morally pained Jean Valjean, played by Hugh Jackman with his own face. A wonderful film indeed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread