Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Lol remember the my little pony TVIV threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Junior Jr. posted:

some goons actually watched that poo poo?

Like loquacious said pretty much. I remember posting a bit in TVIV back in like 2011 because I was trying to get into TV after not watching for years and I remember the MLP thread always being at the top of the forum and having an absurd number of pages. I looked into it thinking it was probably an ironic or mock thread but it was mostly all legit brony posting.
Sure you had some FYAD leaks and troll posts calling people pedophiles and what not but they always got shouted down or ignored. Plenty of fanart too. It was loving weird.

As an experiment I clicked to read the last post one morning and kept track of how many new posts were made in a single day, and the number went well over a thousand posts in that one day.

This was like right before 'brony' became a thing so I seriously had no idea what in the blue gently caress this was all about. I'm not sure if the Steven Universe thread is like that but yeah SA had a poo poo ton of bronies before the holocaust.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ArtIsResistance posted:

holy poo poo OP next you're gonna tell me the biggest thread in book barn is gonna be about star wars books or something

I thought about making a TVIV thread for the new show Vice Principals on HBO that I think is hilarious but looked in it and of course the shows goons would like were at the top (dr who, got, Steven universe, Sherlock, etc.), I gave up on the idea because people would probably just tell me it's toxic masculinity and I should just kill myself for watching it.

But seriously watch Vice Principals it's good

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Clipperton posted:

cined seems to have stepped back from the brink lately. maybe it's just the threads i read but there's more good posting nowadays

I must confess I enjoyed reading the Star Wars thread in CineD before the new movie started getting buzz and chat started focusing on that. It was just insane how much people would read into things, especially the prequel trilogy. And pretty much anytime SMG posted about how good the PT was you'd have like three or four typical Star Wars nerds sperg out at how much of an idiot he was.

Then you had essays analyzing Jar Jar Binks' character and motivations and poo poo like that. It was long form extended piece of performance art where you couldn't tell what was serious and what was joke posting.

Then the new movie's debut approached and it wasn't the same.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I think rape is bad

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

you still see a lot of pony avatars outside of GBS, though they always give the "I was in Austria during the war" defense of "some angry nerd bought it for me" when questioned

To be fair I actually had a brony avatar for about half a year. I toxxed the 2014 super bowl and let someone make me an avatar of their choosing with the promise I would keep it until the next season starts.

I lost and wound up with this vibrating pony avatar with flashing colors behind it that probably would have given someone a seizure. loving Broncos, man.

Point is I'd be surprised if half the MLP avatars are serious bronies, although I'm sure a lot of them do exist here.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Macular degeneration or not people who get obsessed with kids cartoon are loving weirdos

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Watching this show will make you a pedophile

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Beef Turret posted:

There's no difference between watching Adventure Time, My Little Pony, Stephen Universe, or Rick and Morty

I watched an episode of Rick and Morty the other night just to see what the fuss was about. It was bad.

A cartoon show nerds love actually being bad? What a surprise!

And who knows this Stephen Universe poo poo might be ok for a children's cartoon. But goddam this fanbase would prevent me from even letting my children watch it

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

if you watch anything except the news and documentaries about wwii you are a child and should be ashamed

sit in a dark room and grit your teeth and ruminate about manly things like war and sports and hemorrhoid cream or nerds on the internet won't like you

I mean there are plenty of different forms of entertainment out there that isn't loving children's television hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I liked dragon ball z when I was a kid

• Locked thread