Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
I found that big eye in Sunless Sea. That game was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

I'd like to give a shoutout to Retarded_Clown_ because I just woke up laughing about "Tayne tha Undertale God".

lol

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

goferchan posted:

Let me be the first to give props to this gamer. that's some real poo poo and I'll never be able to do it

Hospital and Salt Factory (and the Woods) aren't that bad, especially since you can do the levels in any order so you can knock out the 2-3 really hard ones first then run through the easy first half of the Hospital or the simpler Salt Factory levels.

I haven't gotten any of the other no-death trophies past those b/c it's way too hard, especially those Hell levels with the flying bat things. Those might as well be luck based.

edit: and yeah, being a PS+ game definitely skews some games' trophy rarities. I think only like 6% of people have even gotten the normal, you-dont-have-to-beat-every-level ending for Super Meat Boy.

Popular Human fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 30, 2016

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

In Training posted:

I used psnprofiles, cool website, and it reminded me of a neat trophy i dont have. I got all the trophies in thomas was alone except for the one to die 100 times, and im never going to go back and get it, natch.

PSNProfiles is a cool website and great for all your trophy needs.

anyway mine is the platinum for red faction: guerrilla. 0.86%. please make a new red faction: guerrilla, whoever owns the property.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

frank.club posted:

lil b the based god follows me on Twitter

he follows me too. and so does Tay Zonday lol

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I guess one of the ultimate end achievements from ADOM, which like 0.1% of players have gotten, but nobody plays ADOM because it's traaaaaaaaaaaaash

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Black August posted:

I guess one of the ultimate end achievements from ADOM, which like 0.1% of players have gotten, but nobody plays ADOM because it's traaaaaaaaaaaaash

go away

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

sorry ADOM is still trash even if I play it a ton

I got a few rare Terraria achievements too, but that's from the sheer amount of time played over 5 years

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
maybe play good games you havent played instead of ones you hate, thats a good achievement

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

elf help book posted:

maybe play good games you havent played instead of ones you hate, thats a good achievement

I engage in video games self-masochism

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Black August posted:

I engage in video games self-masochism

You are definitely going to have to leave.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

goferchan posted:

oh btw g0m said something abt Road Not Taken earlier in this thread and its probably the only time ive heard it mentioned on these forums. always thought it was very cool and underrated and also thought it would play great as a phone game. turns out it came out on at least iOS, maybe Android today for $5 and while I haven't tried it and can't speak to the quality port it's a really good puzzle game and it's extremely bleak and depressing and difficult. I paid $15 for it on PS4 and it kicked my rear end and made me sad and I loved it and imo at that price it's a steal. I guess I'll bite the bullet and buy again for my phone and see if the port's any good

this is by the triple town guys (good game). i remember hearing about this game before it came out but then it fell off the face of the earth. will try it out whenever the next steam sale comes

Is it fascism yet posted:

These are over 1% on pc.

i strongly suspect that somewhere around 0.4-0.8% of smb players used an achievement unlocker.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You are definitely going to have to leave.

I kind of wanted to ask and discuss what makes a good rare achievement anyways with them being universal to games these days, but ok

bye

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Black August posted:

I kind of wanted to ask and discuss what makes a good rare achievement anyways with them being universal to games these days, but ok

bye

Lates. Oh and by the way self masochism is an oxymoron fucktard.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

PleasingFungus posted:

this is by the triple town guys (good game). i remember hearing about this game before it came out but then it fell off the face of the earth. will try it out whenever the next steam sale comes

i strongly suspect that somewhere around 0.4-0.8% of smb players used an achievement unlocker.

Considering 0.9% of Steam players have gotten the "beat Dark Cotton Alley without dying" achievement, I'd say 0.8% is just about right.

I think there's only a couple hundred people on Earth who've legitimately no-deathed EVERY world in SMB.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Double-posting to talk about what makes a "good" rare achievement. I think it definitely has to be some kind of action, something insanely tough within the game that requires practice. It can't just be a "collect every single widget in the game" trophy, even though lots of those are super rare (hello, Last of Us). It also has to be something concrete that isn't glitchy. Lots of games with "beat the game w/out killing anyone" trophies are like that - I legitimately beat Dishonored using only non-lethal poo poo, but because someone fell down a set of stairs and got eaten by a mutant rat somewhere that I didn't notice, I didn't get the trophy. Lastly, it can't be multiplayer-based: not because I'm biased against multiplayer, but every super-rare multiplayer trophy just ends up with people meeting online to 'boost' the trophy, so instead of people actually playing the game there's a meaningful contingent of people just grinding trophies and not having fun.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*voice from the adam sandler CD sketch* Respect the compulsion to apologize for breaking the stricter forums' taboos.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Popular Human posted:

Double-posting to talk about what makes a "good" rare achievement. I think it definitely has to be some kind of action, something insanely tough within the game that requires practice. It can't just be a "collect every single widget in the game" trophy, even though lots of those are super rare (hello, Last of Us). It also has to be something concrete that isn't glitchy. Lots of games with "beat the game w/out killing anyone" trophies are like that - I legitimately beat Dishonored using only non-lethal poo poo, but because someone fell down a set of stairs and got eaten by a mutant rat somewhere that I didn't notice, I didn't get the trophy. Lastly, it can't be multiplayer-based: not because I'm biased against multiplayer, but every super-rare multiplayer trophy just ends up with people meeting online to 'boost' the trophy, so instead of people actually playing the game there's a meaningful contingent of people just grinding trophies and not having fun.

i'm more impressed by people beating dark souls on ng+++ to get the achievement for collecting every weapon than i am with somebody who beat desus ex or whatever using only the knockout gun instead of the otherwise identical murder pistol. but ok dude.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm only impressed by the 1.2% of other Lovely Planet gamers who, like me, Aced the Mountains and likely therefore every other level in the game.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Soral posted:

i'm more impressed by people beating dark souls on ng+++ to get the achievement for collecting every weapon than i am with somebody who beat desus ex or whatever using only the knockout gun instead of the otherwise identical murder pistol. but ok dude.

Dark Souls is the exception that proves the rule: getting all the spells or rings takes a crazy amount of effort and dedication. I'm talking about the lovely "collect all 107 audio logs/dog tags/special graffiti we stuck all over the place" trophies that every game has now, regardless of whether or not it's the kind of game that rewards exploration. Those suck and the reason they're so rare is because most people don't want to deal with that bullshit.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Popular Human posted:

Multiplayer trophies/achievements can kiss my rear end.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Multiplayer trophies/achievements can kiss my rear end.

there were tf2 servers running hacked up maps that were specifically for unlocking all achievements. this kind of crap only got worse as they kept adding holiday events

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Qq moar about my SSX platinmun :D

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Bobnumerotres posted:

there were tf2 servers running hacked up maps that were specifically for unlocking all achievements. this kind of crap only got worse as they kept adding holiday events

imo the tf2 achievements were worst initially, when they were (a) extremely hard and (b) the only way to unlock weapons. that's what really pushed people into playing on those horrible achievement map servers, from what i understand

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wasn't there a brief period of time where Microsoft tried selling games on their marketplace in exchange for Gamerscore? They should bring they back

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Wasn't there a brief period of time where Microsoft tried selling games on their marketplace in exchange for Gamerscore? They should bring they back

no, they kinda mentions something like that as a possibility before the system launched but it was just bs

they eventually had a thing like my nintendo where you got points for spending money but it was really bad

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
It's not a trophy I guess but one of my proudest gaming moments was being Metal Gear Rising on Very Hard. I almost beat Sam on VH with a -5 wooden sword, but it took like twenty minutes to get him down to 30% - really want to try it again though. poo poo, that should've been my metal gear july goal

Soral
May 30, 2009

there's still time left to complete your metal gear july goals

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

elf help book posted:

no, they kinda mentions something like that as a possibility before the system launched but it was just bs

they eventually had a thing like my nintendo where you got points for spending money but it was really bad

they sent you an email with literally 50 cents worth of Microsoft points on your birthday

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
my rarest cheevo is the EU4 one for unifying islam, which is stupid because that's easy as hell as otto. only 0.5% have done it tho

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

"vote for Pedro" win diplomatic victory as Pedro (Brazil) in civ 5.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

"vote for Pedro" win diplomatic victory as Pedro (Brazil) in civ 5.

lmfao

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

In Training posted:

I think they gave away Fuzion Frenzy 2 as a Gamerscore reward once

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i won xbla banjo kazooie from playing 1 vs 100

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i got all the achievements in a xbla rocky and bullwinkle game, and the devs sent me a rocky and bullwinkle dvd as a reward

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

i got all the achievements in a xbla rocky and bullwinkle game, and the devs sent me a rocky and bullwinkle dvd as a reward

That's badass

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

i won xbla banjo kazooie from playing 1 vs 100
I got all the achievements in that. Is there a site for tracking your rarest XBL cheevos?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I got all the achievements in that. Is there a site for tracking your rarest XBL cheevos?

i would use trueachievements

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

lol thats awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

:worship:

• Locked thread