Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

VostokProgram posted:

My sister will be sad if they don't have metal Sonic so they should have metal Sonic

Metal Sonic might be a bit redundant if they’re already doing Shadow but I suppose they could possibly make it work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Sonic and Shadow are enemies most of the movie but team up at the end to fight Metal Sonic, who Robotnik made using the quill he stole in the first film. Calling it now.
Also I think anyone thinking they're going to adapt SA2 outside of a modified version of Shadow's origin story are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The post film stinger is obviously going to be Metal Sonic if he doesn't turn up in this one, but if there is a god then they'll show a purple cat stepping out of a portal, and I don't really mind which one it is.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Saw "Bryan Cranston as Gerald Robotnik" suggested elsewhere :pray:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Keanu Reeves as Shadow

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Larryb posted:

Keanu Reeves as Shadow

If it isn't this, it isn't worth seeing.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I dont think Keanu is a very good voice actor

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i am going to be downright devastated if eggman lasering the moon isn't lovingly recreated in a hollywood blockbuster

btw has jim carrey said if he's returning or not

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

he said he wants to be fat eggman. take that as you will

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

hatty posted:

I dont think Keanu is a very good voice actor

Who said anything about voice acting?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

robert pattinson as shadow or boycott

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Pattinson could also do it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

KingKalamari posted:

Who said anything about voice acting?

now we’re talking

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not sure who’d make a good Amy if they decided to stick her in though, Kate Micucci maybe?

Alternatively they just let her game VA do it like they did with Tails

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s gonna be Kristen Schaal

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

hatty posted:

It’s gonna be Kristen Schaal

That works too

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ninjewtsu posted:

i am going to be downright devastated if eggman lasering the moon isn't lovingly recreated in a hollywood blockbuster

That interview where he said he's retiring was used as clickbait fodder. He said he's "considering" retiring soon. Nothing definitive. He'll be in Sonic 3. The TV show is another question.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I could definitely see Jim Carrey doing the "I've come to make an announcement" speech

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jim Carrey would piss on the moon

Obama, ya idiot

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

ninjewtsu posted:

Did that ever come up in any subsequent games? Eggman vaporized the drat moon. You’d think that would be a bigger deal.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnkZQvB3ZBw

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

galagazombie posted:

Did that ever come up in any subsequent games? Eggman vaporized the drat moon. You’d think that would be a bigger deal.

In the Sonic X anime Eggman repaired it afterwards via building a mechanical shell around it (which was originally first used as part of an elaborate mind control scheme) but none of the games ever acknowledge it as far as I’m aware, no

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The official canon answer is that the side of the moon that got destroyed is facing away from earth now

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Anyone not following Sonic Studio really should, because god drat is there some love going into this thing:

https://twitter.com/SonicStudioProj/status/1556775786270580736?t=C_jBgxYrSB0WMPr9fxFgyw&s=19

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

My sister will be sad if they don't have metal Sonic so they should have metal Sonic

Sonic and Shadow teaming up against Metal Sonic could own

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

My prediction: jim carrey does sonic 3, then retires. In sonic 3 metal sonic is introduced and in subsequent movies takes over eggman's role

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Oh hey Sonic Omens released and it's even trending I wanna see what's hap-pe-ning here...

https://twitter.com/PersonthePerso2/status/1557562091816583168

https://twitter.com/SNick_WT/status/1557487380403294208

Oh nooooo....

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I appreciate that they tried to tell a slightly more mature story and tried to duct-tape the continuity but they were really asking for it by making a dead Chris Thorndike of all characters central to it.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 11, 2022

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
that's sora

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao: sonic never changes

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Problem is the hair pattern is kinda the same so in 3D they kinda look the same.

Shinjobi posted:

:lmao: sonic never changes

The Mania givith (Triple Trouble 16-bit and Fallen Star) and the Mania very much taketh away (This)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

Problem is the hair pattern is kinda the same so in 3D they kinda look the same.

The Mania givith (Triple Trouble 16-bit and Fallen Star) and the Mania very much taketh away (This)

What’s Fallen Star out of curiosity?

Also aside from all of….that, has anyone actually tried the Omens fan game yet? If so, does it play well at the very least?

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
...I'm starting to think repeated exposure to the Sonic X anime might have had some kind of detrimental effect on developing minds.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Come to think of it, are there any decent fanmade 3D Sonic games out there besides Robo Blast 2?

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
Haven't given Omens a try, but I looked up some gmeplay on youtube and it looks like the kind of experience that could be fun once you get used to how it controls and wants you to play it. Which is quintessential 3D Sonic gameplay, really.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

KingKalamari posted:

...I'm starting to think repeated exposure to the Sonic X anime might have had some kind of detrimental effect on developing minds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9G1Mf6TZRs

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

poo poo I just realized Sonic X is an isekai

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

KingKalamari posted:

In my brief stint at my community college’s film club, one of the other members earnestly suggested we make a fan film about Sonic and friends being transported into the real world as humans. He wanted to play Chris.

I left that club shortly after. They never ended up making a movie.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Wait so Sonic Omens isn't a Dreams style parody of the Sonic fandom...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Larryb posted:

Come to think of it, are there any decent fanmade 3D Sonic games out there besides Robo Blast 2?

There will be soon

https://twitter.com/gayanimedad/status/1557092259673395201?s=21&t=JU8p-6dJ-6szXmVVZ7MSsw