Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

ColdPie posted:

If a Sonic game has more text than Start Game, the Options menu, and maybe "& KNUCKLES", they already hosed up.

Fixed that for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Just look at the underlined sentence:

Eggman is definitely the kind of guy who owns a fedora and says "m'lady". He's a total neckbeard \ "nice guy". He's also a utopian idealistic technocrat who probably genuinely believes he's making the world a better place, but has delusions of grandeur and is a gigantic narcissist given that he puts his own face on almost everything he makes. He's like the embodiment of Internet nerds

It's probably unintentional, but he is a LOT like Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Confederacy_of_Dunces

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 21, 2017

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

SONIC: Looks like you've got yolk on you face now, Ro-BITCH-nik

EGGMAN: I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG for using gendered slurs!

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Robotnik Nudes posted:

SONIC: Looks like you've got yolk on you face now, Ro-BITCH-nik

EGGMAN: I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG for using gendered slurs!

That is not something Sonic would say please remove this slander.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
I feel like Dr. Robotnik is actually a pretty nice guy who would just want to build a theme park, he's giving work to machines anyway to build stuff so I bet he contracts out too, boosting the economy.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Mr Phillby posted:

That is not something Sonic would say please remove this slander.
Sonic: "You're drat right, Phillby."

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

I feel like Dr. Robotnik is actually a pretty nice guy who would just want to build a theme park, he's giving work to machines anyway to build stuff so I bet he contracts out too, boosting the economy.

He turns innocent animals into killing machines

Like he doesn't even kill them first he wants them to be cognizant of the poo poo they're about to do

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Classic Robotnik: "We're going to turn all of the little furry animals into our robot slaves!"

Modern Eggman: "I love this guy!"

Classic Robotnik: "We'll build a theme park dedicated to our own intelligence and flawless egos!"

Modern Eggman: "Yes!"

Classic Robotnik: "The robots will clean the park for us and they'll defeat our enemies!"

Modern Eggman: "Yes!!"

Classic Robotnik: "The male robots will be our muscle! The females will cook and clean! They'll all serve us under one iron fist!"

Modern Eggman: "hey now"

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Gammatron 64 posted:

Eggman is definitely the kind of guy who owns a fedora and says "m'lady". He's a total neckbeard \ "nice guy". He's also a utopian idealistic technocrat who probably genuinely believes he's making the world a better place, but has delusions of grandeur and is a gigantic narcissist given that he puts his own face on almost everything he makes. He's like the embodiment of Internet nerds

It's probably unintentional, but he is a LOT like Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces.

You realize that a neckbeard is the polar opposite of a feminist, right?

Sonic and his fans have much to learn from him.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Gammatron 64 posted:

Hey, Eggman has been equally villainous to both genders. His main kidnapping victim is always a male sidekick, anyway.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dr. Eggman is not a fedora lord

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Negrostrike posted:

You realize that a neckbeard is the polar opposite of a feminist, right?

Sonic and his fans have much to learn from him.

They are mortal enemies, yes. Polar opposites? Ahahahahaha, nope.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Lmao the sonic thread is about to hit a new nadir

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Zelder posted:

We don't get there until fan characters are brought up. To avoid that grim fate, let's change the subject now.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Agreed. Let's talk about how loving RAD Sonic Mania is going to be.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Geostomp posted:

We don't get there until fan characters are brought up. To avoid that grim fate, let's change the subject now.

So about that Sonic Forces CaC...

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Zelder posted:

He turns innocent animals into killing machines

Like he doesn't even kill them first he wants them to be cognizant of the poo poo they're about to do

what else was that animal gonna do, poop in the woods?

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

MORE 👏WOMEN 👏EGGBOSSES👏

Andre Banzai
Jan 2, 2012

Meet Sonic's new lovely friend, Chauvinist the Pig.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Copper the Pig, actually. I intentionally steer him into enemies :twisted:

Andre Banzai
Jan 2, 2012

Also please make Eggman a fat woman because representation. Every time Sonic beats her she screams "PATRIARCHY" while flying away. Big Red could be used as model, that would be cool.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

poo poo man are you a professional comedian? That's loving hilarious...

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Zelder posted:

what if it turns out that mania.....is bad

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Trasson posted:

So about that Sonic Forces CaC...

That is nothing but a fur covered soulless machine, as far as I'm concerned.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Andre Banzai posted:

Also please make Eggman a fat woman because representation. Every time Sonic beats her she screams "PATRIARCHY" while flying away. Big Red could be used as model, that would be cool.

:effort:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Geostomp posted:

That is nothing but a fur covered soulless machine, as far as I'm concerned.

That's a mean thing to say about Shadow the Hedgehog.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Did somebody say female Eggman?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Robotnik Nudes posted:

MORE 👏WOMEN 👏EGGBOSSES👏

You say that but half the Egg Bosses in the reboot comic were women.

Andre Banzai
Jan 2, 2012

Zelder posted:

poo poo man are you a professional comedian? That's loving hilarious...

I know, right? I wrote the script for Ghostbusters 2016.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Mikedawson posted:

You say that but half the Egg Bosses in the reboot comic were women.

Everyone is equally qualified to serve the Eggman Empire regardless of gender, orientation, or willingness to do so.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Andre Banzai posted:

I know, right? I wrote the script for Ghostbusters 2016.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Eggman is my fat pride hero. He's be way less cool if he was skinny and he has mad swag and a positive body image.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kids, there's nothing more cool than satire,

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Goddamn the sonic forces character creator is looking good

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

You know with eighty posts in like ten hours I assumed there was quite the drop.

I didn't expect this kind of drop. Remember though, panel is tomorrow at 7:30, probably our last look at mania news til august.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

I need to save this for future use.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Copper the Pig, actually. I intentionally steer him into enemies :twisted:

Today in the Metropolis Zone, protests erupted into a riot following another fatal shooting. Local teenager Knuckles the Echidna, age 16, was caught speeding and pulled over by Copper the Pig. Officer Pig noticed that Knuckles had dreadlocks and was listening to rap music, panicked, and emptied 15 rounds into the victim. As residents of Angel Island mourn the loss of this young Echidna, many are outraged to have yet another innocent victim of police brutality.

Sonic the Hedgehog, 15, of the Green Hill Zone tearfully describes his departed friend. "He was a good guy. He... he didn't like to chuckle. He'd... he would rather just flex his muscles..."

Protests following the shooting quickly escalated into violence and many local businesses were damaged in the chaos. Local business owner Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik recounts the damage to his factory in the Metropolis Zone. "I had my windows broken, power up monitors stolen and countless badniks destroyed. It will cost me thousands of rings to fix the damages. They're animals I tell you, animals! ... Wait, hold on, don't look at me that way, I'm not trying to be racist or anything, it's but just that they're literally animals, like squirrels and birds... wait, that didn't come out right, can you please cut this part of the interview? poo poo, there goes my business."

Coming up next, the heartwarming tale of a local mentally challenged man who was reunited with his pet frog

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gammatron 64 posted:

Coming up next, the heartwarming tale of a local mentally challenged man who was reunited with his pet frog

Blaster Master Zero is pretty good, y'all.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Gammatron 64 posted:

if i looking for a froggy

him name hopkin green froggy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Andre Banzai posted:

why do you think this kind of posting was a good idea