Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rykTrcgPFw8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Spiderdrake posted:

Probably won't cross-over with any Hasbro properties as good as the adventures of mindwiped Jace and Sonic in dinosaur pirate land would be.

Maybe IDW can obtain the Bubsy rights, though, for the comic we all want.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

#notallleggmen

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The "stuff people say bubsy" comic series is surprisingly limited

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've been trying to keep blind of the Sonic Mania music, but holy poo poo holy poo poo they did it. I don't know how I'm gonna be able to look at the screen when I'm gonna be crying so many tears of joy.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Fukken lol at the implication that Mario or sonic would give Crash Bandicoot the time of day.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mr Phillby posted:

Fukken lol at the implication that Mario or sonic would give Crash Bandicoot the time of day.

Actually, the implication that he would give either of them the time of day

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I have "canonical" evidence of Donkey Kong hanging out with Crash via the last Skylanders game having the ability to have both of them on-screen at once and that is something that can never be taken away.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I have "canonical" evidence of Donkey Kong hanging out with Crash via the last Skylanders game having the ability to have both of them on-screen at once and that is something that can never be taken away.

Donky Kong is a lout

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I have been listening to the Theme of Infinite for the last two days between other songs and I'm afraid I now really like it.
drat.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I posted this elsewhere but it's relevant here, so:

quote:

So I saw something on tumblr that was a revelation to me.

We should really stop giving Penders the time of day. This attention people give him? It's what he wants. He wants people talking about him, he wants people spreading his stuff around, because it feeds the notion that he's a martyr. It keeps exposing everything that happened like an open wound, and for years after the lawsuit ended, it was a constant reminder that Archie had failed to protect the license and that Ken had been more or less successful against them and Sega. Every little bit that people kept focusing on continued undermining the whole enterprise, and whether or not Archie deserves to be called out for it (because they share some of the blame here for mismanagement), that doesn't really justify Ken or his position at all.

And now, for better or worse, we're giving him free publicity. Penders has even already amassed a small army of sycophants and loyalists that hang on everything he says. It's working.

If you want Sonic to succeed at IDW, if you care at all about the Archie comic's legacy, or this franchise at all, we need to forget Ken Penders. We need to ignore him when he says something stupid, egotistical, self serving, or borderline offensive. I know this fandom likes to focus on the negative to an absurd degree and laugh at the bile fascination, but continuing to give this egomaniac the time of day will only serve to continue emboldening him.

Make Ken Penders irrelevant. Do not engage him. Do not reblog his tweets. Do not share his art, even to laugh at it.

Make him as irrelevant as he deserves to be.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I agree with all that, but nobody should be concerned about how lovely Archie managed its own properties.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

I agree with all that, but nobody should be concerned about how lovely Archie managed its own properties.

I don't mean how lovely Archie managed its own properties, I mean how lovely it managed Sonic. Because, as bad as Penders was, their incompetence was what allowed him to win the court case in the end. That long stretch of months where no comics came out due to shipment schedules wasn't a great help either.

The writing under Ian is one thing but from a managerial standpoint Archie did not do themselves or the Sonic comic any favors.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I have a feeling people who endorse that will be the same people to post his next stupid tweet or whatever else, while the rest of us will murmur 'who?' before remembering some no one who doesn't matter to 99% of the fandom.

Frankly, I think the guy has less modern influence than lazerbot and his dumpster fire.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Except most comic threads and discussions inevitably turn into conversations about Penders.

There's been more discussion in this thread about him than the other Archie creators and what they're doing next or how to support them. And yes, I'm admitting my own culpability in that.

Speaking of which, here's a site with links for how you can do that.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

It's ok to talk about Penders because it's funny.

HeartNotes3
Jun 25, 2013
When does Sonic Mania come out for PC again?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

HeartNotes3 posted:

When does Sonic Mania come out for PC again?
August 15th, and there's a panel for mania at SDCC in three hours.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

you ever wake up in the morning and then realize that Sonic Mania isn't out yet

sucks

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'm gonna talk about Ken Penders cuz everything about Ken Penders is hilarious

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I can't believe it's only been just about a year since Mania was announced. I feel like I've been waiting for it for like 3 years.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

secretly you've been waiting for it since sonic 3 and knuckles, you just didn't have the words for your urges

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Augus posted:

you ever wake up in the morning and then realize that Sonic Mania isn't out yet

sucks

Every morning for the past 23 years :(

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Only thing I don't have words for is the exasperation of having to read livetweets instead of watching this as a stream.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

apparently, for Sonic Mania, after S3&K, Eggman retired and the Hard Boiled Heavies went off to try and do things without him.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Haha the special stage is a fusion of previous special stages. UFOs, blue spheres and collecting rings to increase time. Neat.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

"which version of the special stages are they using?"

"ALL OF THEM"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hrm, just gonna prep myself for some Mania by firing up my copies of Sonic 1, 2, 3, & Knuckles, CD, and apparently Sonic 4 since I somehow own that on PC since I must have fallen down some stairs and my attorney bought it for me while I was in a coma???

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Barudak posted:

Hrm, just gonna prep myself for some Mania by firing up my copies of Sonic 1, 2, 3, & Knuckles, CD, and apparently Sonic 4 since I somehow own that on PC since I must have fallen down some stairs and my attorney bought it for me while I was in a coma???
Skip four, play some fangames instead, they're better. And make sure you go with Sonic 3 Complete.

Also that was all in a humble bundle last year, at least that's why I own everything.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Robotnik Nudes posted:

It's ok to talk about Penders because it's funny.

Ummm but what about all the FREE PUBLICITY he is getting from that??

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
https://twitter.com/TheFantasticIan/status/888960453002502144

holy cow!!!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don't understand why "don't feed the troll who has been trying to undermine the more recent Sonic creators' efforts to continue getting work this weekend" is a controversial statement, but okay. Have your yucks. And yeah, the "free publicity" thing is actually getting him supporters.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

TFRazorsaw posted:

I don't understand why "don't feed the troll who has been trying to undermine the more recent Sonic creators' efforts to continue getting work this weekend" is a controversial statement, but okay. Have your yucks. And yeah, the "free publicity" thing is actually getting him supporters.

Everyone always brings up the free publicity thing with things like this. I personally think "all publicity is good publicity" is bullshit. Plenty of lovely people have supporters.

Hell yeah

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Macaluso posted:

Everyone always brings up the free publicity thing with things like this. I personally think "all publicity is good publicity" is bullshit. Plenty of lovely people have supporters.

His poo poo has a direct correlation to the book getting cancelled. I think it's warranted in this case. Even just treating his poo poo like its news has an effect, even if it doesn't benefit Penders himself.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Between this and that special stage news, I'm ready to call this game perfect.

Are any collectors editions for Switch available anywhere still?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Link to this stuff for people who missed it?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Penders, energized by all 16 people talking about him in the something awful sonic mania thread

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Sonic CD special stages are the best in the series, no doubt about it. So glad they're making something clearly inspired by it, along with elements from the other games.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Zelder posted:

Penders, energized by all 16 people talking about him in the something awful sonic mania thread

I meant that in a general sense, dude. I obviously can't get the entire internet to stop. This was a general advice thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

You can't stop me from talking about the juli-su chronicles, the greatest work of fiction in the western canon