Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Mobius Evolution is real good as is Sonia The S Factor. Other rom hacks can be found at Sonic Retro. They're pretty hardcore there. Before the Sequel, After the Sequel, and Chrono Adventure have good reviews, but those are for PC.

Sonic 3 Complete if you want to make S3&K musically more like it'd be if it was originally released as one game like it was going to be. It's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Sonic Time Twisted, a PC fan-game in development for 12 years, is pretty fun, has brand new art and levels, and is very satisfying so far. People, like myself, who think the reused level concepts and themes in Mania were a bit of a drag should check it out. It feels a bit less derivative, ironically enough. It's made by the same crew who released Spark The Electric Jester.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Considering the massive fan-fiction following Sonic has, it's very smart to do kind of a Dragonball Xenoverse deal so people can go ahead and make their DeviantArt creations in a canon game. It was the smartest move they had for the 3D games and, like DBZ moving to 2D Marvel-type fighters, just seems like the grand finale before moving to something way better.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Worth dealing with the drm to use my cheapass Retrolink Saturn knockoff controller on PC. Anyone who has one of these able to confirm it works?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Is there any reason why Sonic After the Sequel DX runs like hot garbage when the other ones ran fine? Did...did he break it? :ohdear:

Also, what did you guys think about Sonic Chrono Adventure from the BTS/ATS guy? The idea of Sonic + Super Metroid seems like something that I'd have been totally down for as a 9 year old when Super Metroid and Sonic 3&K were cementing themselves in my mind as the GOATs. 9-year old me would think it was a great idea. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

I feel like Sonic Time Twisted is better than Mania. Mania certainly has more exclusive gimmicks and "spice" like you'd want from an official effort, but STT is more of what I wanted out of a "Sonic 4" in terms of story beats and has better platforming imo. I find myself wanting to play STT more due to personal taste. I suggest any fan of old school Sonic try out both as they're both great loving efforts.