Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i beat the game and it was so fun i want to play it again??? what the gently caress!!!

except thjat one zone.t hat zone sucked. gently caress that zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
guys the sonic mania story makes no sense and isnt up to snuff with the rest of the sonic universe, here's why [1/83]

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Jetfire posted:

I'm a broken record here but (IMO) most of the boss fights are more clever and fun to see for the first time than enjoyable to play.

i mean sonic and knuckles had those sort of bosses too but they were way less aggressive in terms of gimmick

i feel like gimmick phases that are brief followed by a stable fight pattern would be best

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also the final boss was kind of disappointing, i figured he had another phase

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

flying battery act 1 and sandopolis act 1

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
overall i think this game is Very Good except for mirage saloon act 1 and some of the bosses just being kinda ok and the odd collision death that came out of nowhere

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Augus posted:

Just beat the game, got the "bad" ending. Can't say I agree with the complaints about bosses, they were all very fun and at worst only took a little bit of basic experimenting to figure out. The final boss was especially cool. Whoever said the final zone was bad is dead wrong, it was very good. This game was very good. I wish there were more original stages because those were the best part but the remixes were good as well. Sonic Mania is very good. I'm gonna go get all the emeralds and then probably play through the game like a million times with each character.

Are people really getting game overs left and right with this game? I had like 20 lives when I beat it.

the bosses were easy as hell, they just werent that interesting to me half the time.

i mean its not like its a bad batting average. some were cool as hell!! i loved figuring out the ice sword boss' gimmick.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

How hard is the CPZ boss compared to its source? Because I was just aggressively terrible at the original game and couldn't get close to the end of story mode, so while it was hilarious finding out what the boss is, I am not looking forward to actually playing it.

its the easiest boss in the game

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

School Nickname posted:

Three game overs on Mirage saloon act 1. What a whore of an act, since spin dash is so flaky.

yeah just dont use it. that level is the only stain on this otherwise beautiful game.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Electric Phantasm posted:

Any of them I died twice to the platforms on Chemical Plant Zone where the water rises.

theres literally a checkpoint where if you hold right you straight up die by pixel crush death lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's not a Time Stone, it's called the Phantom Ruby. In addition to teleporting everyone everywhere, it makes the same sounds as Infinite does when using his powers in Forces.

It's also what transformed the Hardboiled Heavies from normal Eggrobos to their original form. Considering the ending has Sonic sucked into a portal and the special ending has Sonic assuming the pose from the first Forces trailer, and the fact that the final boss theme is a remix of Force's Fist Bump, it's pretty safe to say the plot of Forces and Mania are linked.

Presuming the Phantom Ruby's power to warp time and space, corrupt or empower things, and the fact Infinite and Eggman have past villains as minions, and that the thing has SOME connection to Infinite, I think we can extrapolate just why some characters like Chaos and Shadow are working for the bad guys in Forces too.

oh so thats how classic sonic got in a 3d game got it

i wish they came up with a plot that was just..... not that

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zand posted:

people had lost their frame of reference for a good classic sonic until mania

generations classic sonic was rear end

even compared to old sonics, mania is huge step up because of widescreen and the solid framerate

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

thats fine. its a complete game. i hope they fix the bugs and work on a sequel.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Groovelord Neato posted:

i really really hope the next game is all new. i dug some of the remixes but hydrocity just feels like i'm playing the same level (i know it's changed a great deal it just felt that way).

itll probably be more expensive to make since they used a lot of older art assets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

guts and bolts posted:

Sonic Mania is perhaps the best Sonic game ever, and I'm not exaggerating. Sonic 3 and Knuckles has it beat in my mind, but I'm not sure how much of that is nostalgia talking. This game is really, really fuckin' good.

its hard to say because mania has two enormous quality of life improvements (widescreen and 60fps) that S3&K didnt have and they make the basic parts of the game feel soooo much better