Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

I always thought metropolis zone would go really well with loverboys working for the weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Detractors are already treating Mania in the same way tbh

I mean they're going to be wrong but I guess if you don't really care that much about cartoon animals you could see a pattern

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

I really like Lost Worlds aesthetic even if it is cribbing entirely off Mario. I don't think I prefer it to Unleashed though, those levels were absolutely gorgeous and I want a return to that, which might be happening with 2017?

I know in Mania they've said it's STK as playable characters, but in a dream scenario who would you want in 32 bit glory? I'd love to see a return of Blaze, she's genuinely one of the best designed friends

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

i got the s3+k jumper from drop dead and i'd really recommend it

it's really decent quality, free delivery to the uk and comes with some neat stickers + a little chaos emerald. only issue is it says launch rise over launch base but i don't care, buy it

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

I hope Wood Zone gets something!

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

I predict a great 2017 if you're a fan of Sonic T Hedgehog

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Sucks if true, that comic was genuinely good

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

if it's not hydrocity like velocity I'll shoot myself, that's the better name!

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

I'm so excited to go fast you guys

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

He's so fast, i want to be fast too

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2017/04/rumour-sonic-mania-to-include-animated-cut-scenes/

This is amazing

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Do you think Robotnik wouldnt try to take over the world if Sonic called him by his real name? Maybe he'd just make bomb-rear end theme parks

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

What if he's just rolling (heh) with the punches to fit in

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5taG2FnVZE

Knock knock its knuckles

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

Lol that climbing animation is lifted straight out of Knuckles' Chaotix. Awesome. Random thought watching this vid, watching Flying Battery made me hope there a Sonic + Tails mode. Just isn't right for me seeing a S&K level with just one character.

I have good news my friend

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

I always really liked seaside hills design. Sufficiently different enough to not just be a GHZ remake with some cool architecture.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Weird that they went for wolf over fox- the fact that fox is missing makes me hopefully think there's some more choices to come

If only because I want to be a bat

I hope there's body mods as well, it's weird seeing such a lanky character. Wanna be small and go fast

Skeletome fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 16, 2017

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Zelder posted:

Also what was up with the "when all alone in my chair" line from tail's theme, was that song translated from japanese originally?

tails sits in his plane seat i guess

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

this one's cutest

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Wow that interview where they said we have plans for Chaos , I didn't expect to hear that quick

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Man Fang/Nack would have been so good on this game. I can still hope!

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

I can't wait for my oc to come back as an android

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Victims???

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

It's a Misery parody

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

I'm very excited for Sonic Mania and wanted to do a little competition for some free keys.

I'll give away three to start :

1 and 2 for the best 100 words defending your favourite of Sonic's friends that everyone else hates. Why is Big the Cat great? Why should we care about the Babylon Rogues? Any character outside of the Tails and Knuckles basically

3 goes to the goon that records the best Scratch laugh impression
Deadline of I dunno, Sunday?

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

MikeJF posted:

You really think there's anyone in this thread who'd do this who hasn't already preordered it

Who's your favourite character

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Are all of the animals flickies or is that just the bird ones?

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

As a kid I always assumed flickies were just a race of tiny animals, helps explain the disparity between them and Sonic

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

I remember in Phantasy star universe they had an event for Sonics birthday with Chao garden music in the lobbies and you got statues if you said Happy Birthday Sonic! So the lobbies were just spammed and filled the entirety of your screen it was great

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Shadow Hog posted:

PSO2 strikes me as a really weird game. What other game has you in a Sonic-themed lobby, then lets you attend an in-game idol concert, then lets you fight the Statue of Liberty riding a Sphinx, then lets you pretend you're playing a different game entirely by teleporting you to Urth's Fount in the South Shroud to fight Final Fantasy XIV's Odin?

Actually, I kinda wish the PSO2/FFXIV crossover went both ways. Just handwave whatever technologically-advanced poo poo PSO2 has that wound up on Hydaelyn with "the Allagans did it" (it's usually what they do anyway). No, we got Yo-Kai Watch stuff instead... (bleh...)

At least FFXIV got Garo! That's pretty neat.

PSO2 was a very fun game, I wish it released on english servers.

Happy Sonic Bday, guys. Here's OCRemix's celebration

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

My winners are:

Onmi posted:

Big the Cat does not give a gently caress.
If the world was ending and demons were rising from hell, Big the Cat would continue to fish and relax the days away with Froggy. He has no gently caress to give because the only gently caress he was given is for Froggy. If Froggy were to be kidnapped, Big would topple empires, destroy a thousand year old civilization devoted to the rebirth of the ultimate evil, brave every frontier and face down against anything that would stand in his way. Because Big only has one gently caress to give, and buddy, you aint Froggy.

100 words exactly.

Heaven Spacey posted:

Does the Werehog count as a Sonic Friend? Because Werehog hate is totally overblown- *jazz trumpets drown out my post* - and furthermore, I think that Sonic Unleashed would have been a better-received game if instead of turning into the Werehog, Sonic just turned into stone at night or some poo poo and you played a Knuckles during the night levels instead. Regardless, I think the beat-em-up mechanics worked competently and if the game had just done a better job framing it it would have gone a long way towards making Sonic Unleashed universally viewed as a good game instead of only viewed as a good game by Intelligent Sonic Fans, a group to which I definitely belong.

Basically Sonic Unleashed was good, gently caress haters get sun tokens

Congratulations for having Really Good Opinions About Sonic

I tried to send a PM but i don't think either of you have plat, so put your steam ids here and I'll add you

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Yes, only because I came to this twice-

Barudak posted:

I want to go fast!!!

You were fastest!

Sent PMs to both. Thanks guys!

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

I think Forces won't be anything above passable but I also think if it is good reviewers will tear it to shreds regardless

The important thing is it looks like I'll have fun with it and can't wait to be Sonics New Best Friend

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

oh wow its so gooooood

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

this sucks man, i'm already used to the loss after StC in the UK died out but i really liked the new comics

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Infinite is your OC, that's the twist

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

I have a thick jumper with the S&K logo from Drop dead

Its got all the levels listed on the back like a music tour, its really neat

Though its misprinted launch base as launch rise, I dont even care, its sick

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

It was a limited collection from last year I'm afraid, not sure if they'll do a second lot.

There was a black bomber jacket with sonic on the back in white outline and the inside was green hills checkers that I should have got too.

It all came packaged with a 90s AF poster, some stickers with their brand logo in a robotnik TV, and each one also had a randomly coloured mini- chaos emerald. I got blue which is the best one

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

im gay

FOR SONC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Hydrocity like velocity, thread.