Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Overbite posted:

Every Sonic game after Sonic & Knuckles is really bad, generations included.

Every Sonic game after Sonic & Knuckles is really bad except several of them which own real hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Motto posted:

WORK THAT SUCKER TO DEATH
COME ON NOW
WORK THAT SUCKER TO DEATH

Too black
Too strong
Too black
Too strong

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wacky Workbench was worth it if only because it gave us this little guy

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
poo poo. Maybe I'm misremembering. I knew it was one or the other and I wanted to post :smallsonic:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
:negative: Not having played Sonic CD in like 10 years is my innermost Sonic Shame.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As I've similarly said elsewhere on the forum: I hope the developers of the new Bubsy game suffer a plague of locusts. I can't wait to stream it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wait...

Doesn't this mean there's incest in Knuckles' family? Or am I reading the chart wrong? :what:

edit: vvv I actually missed the pink and blue coloring on the boxes. Phew.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 9, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I kinda agree, tall and lanky sonic just looks kind of weird to me. He did even back when I was a kid, I distinctly remember liking the comics' art a lot less when he started getting taller. And then there was that weird loving section where Knuckles has the same proportions as Dr. Manhattan minus the dong...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Shadow toting an AK 47 ruled way back when and it still rules today.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Knockles the Echyd'nya

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kurieg posted:

I think it's supposed to be light shining on his eyelids/irises and not his internal sub-eyeball glowing.

He means the freaky-rear end mono eyelid.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Look at it, it's hideous.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWJ55m-jQY

Still the best of said speed traps.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yo, Sonic 3 Complete is really cool. Also, the person who put in those springs at the start of Hydrocity Act 2 is still a real bastard 23 years later.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

beep by grandpa posted:

(If you want to be strong like knuckles or smart like tails that's OK too)

Yeah, but unlike him, I chuckle.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If Vector does not tell me at some point to find a computer room in this game I am going to consider his inclusion totally wasted.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Is that Chaos on the left there :psyduck:

edit: Yeah it sure is, hell yeah

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Use your sonic fan character to fight the ULTIMATE EVIL... a sonic fan character

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's Schrodinger's Sonic Game. It both is and isn't Deviantart until the first character starts inexplicably inflating.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Heran Bago posted:

This is absurd, Shadow is smiling.

Yeah but it's a jackass smile, like a :smug: kind of smile.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

They really should stop trying to physically represent Sonic's infinity shoe movement thing because it looks more and more silly with every incarnation.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Also that last trailer with Cubey and that Deadly Six fucker made me suddenly like 20% less excited for Sonic Forces

Every time they reveal that the wisp powers are in these games my hype erection instantly droops a little. I am so tired of LASER! SPIKES! ROCKEETTT!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I feel like that song is a bit misguided because imo it does in fact matter who is wrong and who is right when one of said parties wants to destroy the earth with a giant laser cannon

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dr Snofeld posted:

I have to disagree with a point Cybershell made in his Top 10 Sonics video, that the Sonic Boom cartoon is the only reason kids still know about your common or garden Sonic. I work in childcare and many kids are still all about Sonic. We have a PSP with the Mega Drive Collection and it's a rare day when at least one kid isn't playing it. One boy of about 5 I work with doesn't really say much unless you mention Sonic, at which point he will ramble on for hours if you let him. Makes levels out of wooden blocks, runs with his arms back and I think he knows all the lyrics to City Escape. I assume it's cos of parents in their late 20s with emulators or somesuch.

The downside to all this is that I'm subjected to the same 2 episode DVD of Sonic Underground about once a week or so.

I'm not gonna lie, I went "woah! :eyepop:" in real life when my little brother was running around going "I'm Sonic!" while I was babysitting them the other day. The boy in blue is still hip among kids, it seems.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sonic 3 was the first video game I ever played and I'm glad it was. It made for a pretty good introduction!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Alright you have convinced me tenfold to watch this cartoon.

edit: holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q_EfNJ_0o

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 19, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZqzQPgtCdg

The music in the Advance games is drat good.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The hold-to-run button was a dumbass idea, yes. Especially given that every controller on every console the game was released for has stick sensitivity controls (including the 3DS, yes!). Hell, include a walk toggle button if you really must.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Veotax posted:

SonicCult was the first forum that I really hung around on, I'm pretty sure that Stealth used to post there often.ntly I'm the only person on the internet who goes by that so I managed to stumble into a unique name.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Fun embarrassing fact about me: the first time I ever posted on an internet forum, it was on Sonic Fan Games HQ in like 1998 or whatever. I've actually talked to the Taxman and Stealth like 20 years ago but I doubt they'd remember me. I was a little kid trying to make garbage games in The Games Factory.

Among my first internet forums was The Mystical Forest Zone, I used to love that ol' InSonicnia comic back in the day. So you're not alone in that shame.

edit: Also, I used to make my own Sonic sprite comics back when I was a teenager and they were pretty drat good for being done in MS Paint :shepface:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 20, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Wait, Elise is 26? Isn't Sonic a teenager? Yeeeeesh.

Hey, if Sonic really is 15, then I say congrats to him because he already has made it to like five times the normal lifespan of a hedgehog.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Evil Eagle posted:

Sonic's still 15 but it's his 26th birthday today.

Much like a lot of his fans!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Hello, world's only Shuffle apologist here. There's a button you can press when it's not your turn that shuffles your hand, and you should be mashing it whenever anyone else is choosing a card. I, uh, don't know if it actually helps against AI, but I do seem to remember them landing in bad places when taking from my hand. It's been years though, I could be wrong. One thing I'm not wrong on though, the spinning card roulette is absurdly easy if you just stop and watch it for a bit.

I don't have any counter-arguments for the rest of your points. It's all true. Shuffle is pretty bad, and for some reason I like getting good at certain bad games. At least some of the minigames were fun.

Hey, it's me, the world's SECOND only Sonic Shuffle apologist here. I had to use my Dreamcast for something after I played the only 2 games worth playin' on it! (Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2)

edit: Don't get me wrong! Sonic Shuffle is a buncha bullshit! But it's also a pretty fun Mario Party knockoff.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 29, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I can't count the number of times I have had to back someone up with the Fist Metal Crackle and it's all thanks to my pal knux

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Augus posted:

Puyo Puyo Tetris should've been Robotnik's Mean Bean Tetris Machine tbqh

Well... technically Sonic is in the new puyo puyo as an unlockable, but maybe not how you'd expect...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The part where you have to use the top to break the ground (you can't even bust through it as super Sonic) kind of sucks and kills the level's momentum.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ventana posted:

RE: SA2 - I mean, if we can't even agree that the voice acting is better than SA1, then I don't know what else to say

You're not even good enough to be my f

I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLopAPdYFhg

I made green hill zone a while back in Doom and I was not surprised to find out I'm not the only one to have done so. I'm the only one with the Sonic 3 giant ring that I could find though :cool:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You better believe the first thing I'm gonna do is try to make Bubsy. It's only fitting.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My life is just a bit emptier because I cannot make Find Thecomputerroom The Crocodile just to spite him.

edit: I'm not the only person here who is going to name-gary-oak my way through Sonic Forces, right? BUTTSLAP The Bilby will be the hero the Sonic universe truly deserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Does Sonic Generations even have any enemies that can harm you if you're boosting? They just get knocked right outta the way no matter what they are iirc. Enemies in the Sonic As A Race Car games are less about hurting you and more about being used as a way to meter the amount of boost you have left- you want to steer into them so that you can get more boost out of destroying them.