Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

SeANMcBAY posted:

Does installing the Unleashed Project mod delete my normal save?

No, it uses its own independent save file separate from your standard generations save

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

3DS Generations is not very good. The classic genesis levels are straight up remakes of the original levels with identical design and past that they give classic sonic the homing attack I guess because it's easier to design split paths that way? The other levels are also not really good or memorable, the music is pretty bad for a Sonic game. It's not really worth playing.

Haven't played Lost World 3DS but haven't heard great things about it either.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

One thing I did like about Sonic Unleashed for the Wii is that you always start a level with a set amount of lives and you can upgrade that number throughout the game. I liked that system a lot actually and wouldn't mind if they put it in more games.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

El Mido posted:

the bad part about that is that you need to grind medals to unlock the puzzle rooms that contain the max lives counter upgrades, but the good part about that is that you get to play the puzzle rooms.

I don't really mind this because getting medals isn't that awful in the Wii version, it's just doing well on stages = more medals. It's a better system than the HD version's "search every nook and cranny in every level" at least.

What's weird is that I prefer the systems of the Wii version a lot more than the HD version between how lives and medals work, but the level designs in that game are just the worst. If it had better level design I don't think it'd be quite so (rightfully) overlooked in favor of the PS360 version.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Since we're on the topic of Sonic music check out this ten hour video I made. You should add it to your workout routine for your ten hour workouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Bkccau350

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I'm very curious about Eggman's idea for the group costume.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Sailor Dave posted:

There was also this.. questionable short movie, even though it was a fan production. Not that I expect an actual proper movie to be this quality (hopefully.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtCtQpclpY8

It has Jaleel White voicing Sonic, which is probably as "official" as it could get without straight-up having Roger Craig Smith or something.

I refuse to admit that this actually exists.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Every game takes place in its own unique canon; absolutely no interactivity between games is present despite any claims to the contrary

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

ah sonic just as I remember it

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

sharrrk posted:

the first sonic & sega all stars racing is really good as well actually

It's a solid mario kart clone, but nothing special

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Augus posted:

Forces is a Generations clone, then. Ok.

why can't games be new with literally every iteration

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Looks like he picked up a boost capsule at 0:11, maybe they're going to go back to Colors-style of limited boosting.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

https://twitter.com/NicoCVV/status/858866192760676352

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

this is so dumb

im gonna love this dumb game

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

guys im really excited for sonic mania

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Heran Bago posted:

Sonic's side seems stuck in the story of the TV show from 20 years ago for some reason, but like, all the games still happened or something.

iirc this is basically what happened. Like I think what happened is that SatAM Robotnik was the big bad for a while, then he died or something and current Eggman (who was either like a clone or a robot or something) took over being evil but both are canon? It's strange and I honestly wish the comic dropped its tv show roots.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I've seen this comic before but I'm only just now asking why Tails is talking to a strange man-like unicorn

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I'm slowly dying every minute that I don't have Sonic Mania

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Is Classic Sonic using the drop dash?

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

not canon

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

holy poo poo everything about that is bad

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

remember that time sonic kissed a human

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

TFRazorsaw posted:

But everyone thinks it's a totally original thing to joke about or do a Let's Play of, so we can't.

I'll stop joking about it when it stops being funny

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

agreed

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Dabir posted:

He's 15.

He's 26.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

im a big fan of the teleporter monitor sfx from Sonic 2s multiplayer

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

hell yeah, bringing back the best special stage

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

welcome friend

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

One thing I don't like about the unleashed mod is that the requirements for s ranks are really strict. Like, in that jungle joyride video you can see that they only just met the time and ring requirements needed for it, and it can be frustrating to go for them sometimes.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

the biggest sin of the 2-player mode is that it doesn't have the actual best song from Sonic 2

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Goddamnit my plan was to double dip and buy the pc version on launch while I wait for Amazon to ship my collector's edition on ps4

Now the only way to play the game on release would be to buy another ps4 version of the game

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Finished the game in about 5 hours, without really thoroughly looking for chaos emeralds and skipping bonus stages towards the end.

Had a real good time throughout, there were some trouble spots through as some of the bosses weren't great Hydrocity Act 1's boss made me laugh pretty hard though but overall just enjoyable. Gonna go back and try to get the rest of the emeralds and tokens at some point today,

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

You have to mash jump to make Tails fly up when you're holding on to him, same as if you were playing him alone.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I know there's probably no way that it would fit but not using metallic madness's good future song sucks because it's the best song in Sonic CD

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

my money is on a dubstep mix of throw it all away personally considering recent trends in sonic music

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

WORTHLESS CONSUMER MODELS

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

The message that Sega is gonna get from this is that pc gamers are fussy and will pitch a fit over anything and won't bother porting to pc anymore

Edit: this does not reflect my personal opinion

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QyjzmT-ZSw

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I forgot how soon it releases - it feels like we've hardly seen any of the game at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

a lot of games these days still have fishing mechanics attached (ffxv and yakuza 0 come to mind) so really when you think about it sonic adventure was ahead of its time much like the dreamcast