Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Sonic adventure 2 is my favorite sonic game and i thought heroes was ok (on gamecube i tried it on xbox later and it seemed way worse)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

DoctorWhat posted:

The 2D sonics were pretty good but Sonic was never great until Day Unleashed and every prior 3D sonic game is between "mediocre" and "dogshit"

this but in reverse exept 06 which was a warcrime

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
The only sonic characters i really dislike are cream and charmy cream because she has like no reason to do anything like she's not a hero or aventurer or anything and charmy is just beyond obnoxious in sonic heroes but that game had a real problem with repetitive voice clips anyway.

the rest of the sonic cast are basically DBZ characters and it's great.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Xad posted:

Alright let's go:

Sonic - Goku
Tails - Krillin/Bulma
Knuckles - Piccolo/Hercule
Amy - Chichi/Bulma
Shadow - Vegeta
Silver - Future Trunks
Big - Yajirobe
Blaze - Videl???
Eggman - I dunno, Pilaf? Dr. Gero?
Rouge - Lunch???
Espio - Probably Tien?
Vector - Yamcha???
Charmy - Chiaotzu
Mighty - Black Goku

it's harder with the characters that never got much actual character yeah and i'm pretty sure mighty fell off the back of a truck and was never seen again

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

El Mido posted:

i think 3d sonic games are garbage even with chao

hah but that would mean you don't think SA2 battle is the great, i don't understand.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

beep by grandpa posted:

I listen to a podcast where the winners of weekly bets are awarded Werehogs for their efforts. So at least some kind souls out there are keeping it alive :unsmith:

you admitted this

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

SonicRulez posted:

Sonic can interact with humans. Eggman exists. They just have to match his level of cartoon. Regular people are so jarring that they ruin everything around them.

I don't really get weirded out by it myself but humans shouldn't be a focus at all, keep them in the background and poo poo

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
didn't have much of a problem with silver's billiards myself, i hated the bullshit autorun sonic stuff way more.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Evil Eagle posted:

It's going to be Sonic Heroes 2

I liked sonic heroes the only problem i had was the copy paste stage design and the waaay too much chatter that repeats on every level attempt

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

FanaticalMilk posted:

No the problem was that game was so busted on a technical level you had to pray to the programming gods to get through certain stages.

did you play it on a gamecube? cause i never had any problems the multiple times i played it

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
never noticed it

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kikas posted:

The PS2 and PC version never had such issues for me, maybe that's why I actually enjoyed Heroes.

i tried to play the xbox version and it was unbearable

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

If Sonic 06 isn't canon then why does Silver keep showing up in all the new games?

he came back from the future to enlist sonic's help fighting sonic black (not shadow)

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Sonic only saves animals from robots so he can eat them.

this is dumb hotdogs are made of cows and pigs that are raised on a farm, sonic can care about wildlife without being a vegan

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

This is a world of intelligent talking animals, it's just easier to play the vegan card.

animals eat animals also you sentence tons of animals to death by chao hugging in SA2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

pokecapn posted:

6) The story fuckin sucks

wrong, other than elise the story is pretty fine.