Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

There better be Nolan North and Laura Bailey voice options :colbert:

I'm gonna need Steve Blum because all my fan characters were always just Spike Spiegel but a [noun].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

I can't believe you'd lower yourself to playing as Sonic's terrible friends, Tails and Knuckles.

edit: SMDH

10 year old me knew that Tails and Knuckles were inherently superior because they could do everything Sonic could do, plus fly.

I can't dispute the logic there, so it's my policy to this day.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So... is Sonic gonna cross over with the Ponies, Ghostbusters or TMNT first?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I like sound when you jump on mushrooms in mushroom hill.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Sonic needs a car because on foot he corners like a brick on roller skates.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Shadowlyger posted:

:goonsay: Most of the non-game series depict him as able to do a ninety degree turn at full speed.

Well then it's too bad this entry is a game.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I actually finished Sonic Forces today after getting it for 10 bucks a few days back! It seemed unfinished and all the classic Sonic Stages were unfortunately rear end but even so I had fun, and the avatar stuff put a doofy grin on my face and the soundtrack is pretty great so money well spent I guess.

I don't actually know what happened to Eggman after I blew up his final boss but I guess he's inexplicably survived worse, And Infinite just kinda disappeared or something so maybe he was just an illusion too? I dunno, he had some good rear end theme songs so best of luck to the edgy little whatever he was. Also where the hell was Blaze or Big? loving Vector keeps getting work but they can't back the purple cats?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Man, Eggman having basically a team of Mega man X maverick bosses for underlings was such a neat idea that I still get annoyed I'm not gonna get to see how it all would have played out.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
As long as i'm thinking about this franchise have they given a reason for not putting out a notable Sonic title in the last 4 years or so?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I know Forces is probably rightly not considered a strong entry but whatever they do wind up announcing I hope they let you make an Original the Character again.

I liked the avatar thing. :shobon:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So is Silver like, a baby or something in the present day and that's why even though the exact bad future he's here to prevent this week has been averted, he can still show up next week to warn everyone about the way it's hosed this time? Does he remember all the times he's to come back and do this? I know 2006 unhappened it's story.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Who will hug baby Silver?

Silver will.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Forces had this weird thing where the avatar character is this anxiety ridden sack of nerves whose only joined up a month ago, yet in action is at once spiderman, a speedster and armed with a modest Ratchet and Clank arsenal. And also Knuckles leads the resistance despite his only tactics being let the newb handle it and human animal wave tactics against fortified positions.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I liked things at about the adventure series level of writing. Where's that one fall?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I would like my forces OC to be the main character of the cartoon she a teal rabbit with Heterochromia who exclusively uses warcrime guns tia

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

That article posted:

Sonic’s adventure is about more than a race to save the universe, it’s a journey of self-discovery and redemption.

Huh.... Huuuuuh..... Maybe, maybe he finds out he likes other kinds of hotdog topping?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I won't lie, I actually saw way more of Sonic Underground then SatAM because there was extended period where it was on sci fi channel or something at 6:30 am so I could watch it and half an episode of the Jumanji animated series before I had to get on the school bus.

I know Knuckles was in there somewhere for a hot minute, but I spent that whole show wondering when Tails was gonna show up. I suppose in retrospect Sonic didn't need a surrogate kid bother when he already had the other two.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I remember hearing that was explained as consensual BDSM roleplay, if that's something you want to associate with the voice of Winny the Pooh.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Only every day of my life.

Silly old leather bear...

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
It really will tie into Underground and there will be a fairly terrible song every episode, a crime unrelenting.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I mean I'm willing to just post Boom Eggman if you all are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4wZa6zoo18

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm playing through Forces again since last week and I'm through the story and just doing all the unlock clothes thing because dress up is best in life and while I am aware this is a Sonic game I kinda resent that Classic Sonic is just there, not being fun and not even having spectacle to make up for it. Like I appreciate to a point that he's probably the cheapest one to make levels for but gently caress if I could cut his whole weird existence out of the game for just one more avatar stages I'd do it in heartbeat.

Also I resent that the SOS stuff for the Sonics want me to double back and explore the whole stage looking for the critter capsules or fail the mission and not even get medal xp at the end.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think Tails should get a game again.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I liked Mania alright but I'm not really hankering for more. Gimme Forces but actually finished and not just thrown out the door.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Sometimes Blaze the Cat is just there too and she's from another dimension.

She was also from the future though. But then that future( and timeline?) unhappened.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I mean hell, I'll take a new Blaze the Cat game. Sonic can be there too I guess.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Homora Gaykemi posted:

the real answer is that you just call it the "Super Nintendo" when speaking out loud, anyway

Wrong.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Nobody lives there, so it's at best a water park.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Dr. Mario and Dr. Sonic Save The Olympics Games Tokyo 2020

Good call, insider!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Yeah colors was nice, gimme Forces 2 the actually completed game you cowards!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
A game where sonic runs fast.. My god...

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Should have posted this before the stream.

We did not get a Bingo.

Sonic loving wishes he still had the cultural cache to get into Fortnite.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I don't see Tails in any of those screenshots, just that icon. He might have just been regulated to like, I dunno, bottomless pit insurance or something.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Tails can't function without a Sonic around because he's even more of a second banana then Luigi, but I did think it was amusing how he just stays latched onto Classic Sonic when he shows up even to the exclusion of his actually alive Sonic when he gets back.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

JoJosSiwaAdventure posted:

Dragon Ball finally let some girls go Super Saiyan so it's just a matter of time now

They won't even let Tails and Knuckles go super anymore, forget about it.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Larryb posted:

Sonic Mania doesn’t count?

In regards to the “girls can’t go Super” thing, reminder that Blaze also has a super form called Burning Blaze that appeared in both Rush games (and for like a second during Silver’s ending in Sonic 06).

Mania sorta doesn't becuase that's the "classic" character set. Classic tails and knuckles can go super because they could on the genesis, modern T&K cannot. And Blaze can go burning because she's from an alternate universe with different emeralds.

Super is mostly supposed to a Sonic thing seems to be the logic for whatever reason.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Edit: poo poo I'm not in the comics thread

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I am hoping that this Sonic game has less Sonic then the more recent entries

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Shadow Hog posted:

I, too, pine for a return to Tails Adventures.

They were good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm Cupil struggling to hold Fina