Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I find it cool Knuckles has some unique boss fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Thread's gone back to poo poo, I'm out.

See you next Mania, you loving nerds.

Whats your issue.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

corn in the bible posted:

idw sonic comics gonna be lame

There is the slight chance it continues were the last series left off. As none of that stuff is owned by Archie.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I thought it was kind of a given seeing how the metal sonics are from the game gear games n all.

My favorite easter egg though is more in your face, MSZ spoilers I don't really care about team hooligan but something about seeing them in 2D made me amazingly excited.

I would love a boss fight against all 3 of them at the same time with a bigger Arena. Maybe add in the Marvelous Queen as well

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Apparently Metal Sonic in Forces has different music for a different phase.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Calaveron posted:

Like one hot lazy summer day I thought to myself, you know I want to play a Sonic game and the only console I have with me is my Wii U. Lost Worlds looks pretty cool with its ripping off Mario Galaxy aesthetic so let's check it out

Oh no

I actually quite enjoy Lost World. But it is very different and does not explain it's mechanics well.

Like very few people know that when you do the Spin dash. You are supposed to let go and then hold it again to keep it going.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

No Mods No Masters posted:

Even if, all existing evidence to the contrary, Sonic Forces turns out to be okay, history suggests it will have turned out that way completely by accident. Any lessons to take away from it will be moot when Sonic Team decides what will be in the next game by pulling random ideas out of a hat, as is their custom

It looks like it's taking stuff from Generations with an extra character. So yeah that will equal an okay game.

Like I don't what evidence there is that its going to suck.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

No Mods No Masters posted:

Every video of it

So nothing other then pessimism.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

K, I'm up to Press Garden. Really fun, my only major gripe is that the levels are seriously long, to the point that I timed out on FBZ Act 2. I guess I'm not complaining about the level length, so much that the time limit needs to be removed. Also, the game delights a little too much in letting you see boxes and other routes for just the briefest of seconds before whisking you away forever.

Is the main menu music riffing off the Chaotix Special Stage music? There's a few notes in there that sound similar.

FBZ is just long is all.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah I did not have any difficulty with the Octopus.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The White Dragon posted:

no knuckles is red and cream color

I thought Cream was cream color.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

DizzyBum posted:

I just happened to watch Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation "review" of this game and unsurprisingly he talks about buttholes and kinda shits on it. I don't know why I expected more, or why I was still subscribed to their Youtube channel. :v:

Yahtzee shits on everything. Even the stuff he likes he shits on.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Modern Sonic/Shadow's boost and Classic Sonic's spindash seem to have been slowed down a noticeable amount, which should be better for platforming.

But that's now five levels we've seen (I'm including different character variations of the same levels) that are really short. Like, all of them are over in roughly two minutes, give or take ten seconds. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's a bit of a change from every 3D game to date, and I'm curious as to how they're going to pad out the length. Still hyped though, every time I see those dumb OCs with their big enthusiastic grin it warms my heart.

Just to tell you for that Shadow stage there we started at a check point not the start of the stage.

Anyway I thought that short little glimpse looked super fun.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 19, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TFRazorsaw posted:

That was pretty good. Nice to know Ian gets to do canon stuff now.

He is also confirmed to be the writer for the new IDW comics.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So apparently Sonic Forces has about 50 levels.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ArfJason posted:

Oh i thought the track naming in mania was just a neat naming scheme
Ruby Illusions
Egg delusions
Egg reverie

One of them is probably wrong but still, itd be fitting

Ruby Delusions Also Mania still happened one of the Phantom Ruby's powers is just that it creates highly realistic Illusions. The reason Shadow and Chaos are evil in this game is because they are illusions of them no the actual ones.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

corn in the bible posted:

50 minute long sonic game confirmed

More like a 5 hour one. As the guy who reported this stated after an hour in they finished 10 levels and the game says they are 20% done. Unless the later levels get much longer and more complex.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pants Donkey posted:

Still longer than generations which was about 3-4 hours and crammed challenges. If Forces has no "Okay now play three of these challenges before moving." then it's pretty meaty for a Sonic game.

Appearntly it has a bunch of challenges and stuff too. Though it appears they are optional.

The first Infinite fight is also pretty cool.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Oct 28, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Some people are liking it quite a bit. Infinite apparently has quite a bit of Charisma.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

It's good I personally like Dragon Dance the second act of that stage better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0LjCflnDok

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ArfJason posted:

As one famous moustached man once said, keep it quiet freedom planet guy.

For real they dont think their bosses are bad holy poo poo how can you believe this, loving lord almighty

Those bosses are fine.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

YoshiOfYellow posted:

There is nothing fine about Freedom Planet's bosses. I did enjoy that game but it's boss design is pretty jank and the whole game's difficulty curve is a garbage fire. Unless I'm misunderstanding the metaphor and we're still talking about Mania.
I was talking about FP's bosses. A few bosses are hard, but the bosses overall are totally fine and I don't mind hard bosses.

Maina's bosses are good too.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 17, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I was meaning to ask about that, what's it been about so far?

So far it's just introducing the status quo and characters. Someone has appears to have recently taken over Eggman's army after his last defeat, as he mysteriously vanished after. From the last issue Eggman appears to be literally hiding in someone closet. It's four issues in and is fun, but it's pretty light so far as it's just introducing things. Sonic going town to town to help fend off a robot attack with some old charcters and a few new ones.

Most notable new characters introduced are Tangle the Lemur a new ally, and Rough and Tumble a pair of Skunk Mercenary Thugs. (Who Sonic compared to the Hooligans in how they lacked class, meaning the Hooligans are still around.)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 27, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shadowlyger posted:

Huh. So that's where Ian Flynn got Team Hooligan from. Wonder if Fang would have had that hovercycle.

Given that the three are still stated to be a thing in the new comic. And appeared kinda as bosses in Mania. The three still being a team even back then is cool.

Hope they eventually make actual appearances in the games.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 27, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Related, I'm not sure why they bothered making a virtual clone of Metal Sonic when they could have easily just used the real one.

Sonic actually brings this up. Saying "Why would they bother making a fake of something that already isn't real? Couldn't they just build more?"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Thinking about it there really was not point in putting those Phantom Ruby Copies in the game.

2 of them are not fought, and the other 2 don't have boss fights that even feel like them. Zavok's boss is just him riding a giant Buzzbomber, The Buzzbomber does all the attacks and Zavok just stands there doing nothing, rather then physically fighting Sonic like he does in Lost World. The boss easily could have just been an Eggman Mech with no reference to Zavok. The Metal Sonic fight also does not act much like Metal Sonic, instead being a giant version of him surrounded by Phantom Ruby Cubes, while he uses it to create obstacles. The fact that Metal Sonic Boss fight is identical to Infinite's third boss fight leads me to think that Metal Sonic's boss was thrown in there last minute to fill a stage, as the boss fight fits Infinite better, and normally bosses are there own stage. But for some reason Metal Sonic's is not presented as that, and even has a quick time event to get you to him. Were you then you find the 5 Red Rings on Metal Sonic's first obstacle when other boss stages don't even have red rings. It tells me it was thrown together last minute.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

"They were inconsistent on Classic Sonic" I hear fans shout as I bring out a photo of Blaze the Cat and point at it for half a hour straight

They actually remark on this in the last issue of the new comic. Blaze shows up and is like "Yo I heard bad stuff was going down and I have come to help." To which Sonic says "Ok cool, but your like 7th months late. We already resolved that."

Edit here just have the pages.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 28, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
15 Racers

1. Sonic
2. Tails
3. Knuckles
4. Amy
5. Shadow.
6. Dr Eggman
7. Vector
8. Charmy
9. Espio
10. Rogue
11. Omega
12. Metal Sonic
13. Cream?
14. Blaze?
15. Nack the Weasel?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jarogue posted:

Big, Amy and a Chao Quad revealed for Team Sonic Racing

It's kind of strange they screwed Cream over here. Cheese is probably pissed he does not get to be one of the Chao in the car too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Everything about a Live Action Sonic movie sounds like a stupid idea.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

I'm assuming Robotnik's going to be live action so my guess is Jim Carrey in a fat suit with a fake mustache (or he'll grow an actual one for the role, which would look weird to be honest).

Oh god everything about that makes me cringe.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am a bit confused why Vector is on a team with Blaze and Silver, instead of you know the rest of the Chaotix.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kikas posted:

No, that bossfight was extremely mediocre, cause 2D modern Sonic is not the greatest and that fight highlights that like no tomorrow by also becoming unwinnable if you run out of boost/rings.
I mean still leaps and bounds over Time Eater, but that's not a high bar to clear.

Uhh. The fight with Silver in Generations was not 2D, and it's impossible to run out of rings/ boost.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Appearntly this is the bio for Team Vector from the upcoming Racing game.

quote:

Drawn in by the promise of a large sum of prize money, Vector decided to participate after inviting along his two teammates. Silver’s car’s futuristic aesthetic is pretty awesome-looking!

Technical Type: Silver, Speed Type: Blaze, Power Type: Vector

So yeah it makes even less sense why Blaze and Silver are his teammates.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
One of Infinite's biggest issues was that his final battle was exactly the same as the boss before him Metal Sonic. (Whose Level made no sense and was the only to break boss convention.)

Also his last boss theme is not very good and does not match the previous boss themes he had.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It is going to be terrible because it is being made by Sony, but I am up for some weird dumb new take on Sonic regardless.

Since it is live action and the modern trend there is for photorealistic CGI creatures rather than a Rocky & Bullwinkle monstrosity, I'm hoping for some weird, hairy blue gremlin.

It was going to be terrible the second someone said. "We should make the big Sonic movie Live Action." and a bunch of people agreed.

Like Sonic and live action are just things I can't see go together. And making it live action would have been one of my last thoughts were I in charge of producing the moive.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I still remember one of the early blurbs for the show that was pretty funny. It was pretty much like this: "Watch the antics of a cast of enjoyable characters, and Amy Rose."

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Screaming Idiot posted:

You forgot Sonic Forces.

I envy you.

Well it had nothing to do with angst.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Next Sonic Racing Team

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1085220454468472832

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Screaming Idiot posted:

That's how we got the Deadly Six, let's not.

Ehh I did not mind the Zeti. Zavok is popular enough he even got to be on Eggman's team.