Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I bought it at midnight UK/Irish time but went to sleep then, I played the first Act of Green Hill Zone before going to work and it gave me all the feels. Sonic 3 was the original game which I played the least (outside of CD which I've never played) so I'm not as familiar with the Blue Sphere minigame.

13 year old me would have his mind blown that I was playing a Sonic the Hedgehog game on a Nintendo console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Zillions magazine posted:

CPZ boss GOTY 10/10 S-tier
Just got here and lol

when I saw people discussing it I thought it would be some reference I wouldn't get due to not being up on SONIC LORE but I did let out a hearty lol when I saw it

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

How hard is the CPZ boss compared to its source? Because I was just aggressively terrible at the original game and couldn't get close to the end of story mode, so while it was hilarious finding out what the boss is, I am not looking forward to actually playing it.
It's so loving easy

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I got really lost/stuck in CPZ Act 2 last night, I have no idea how. I got to a part where there was a pool of blue lava, a small pool of the green bouncy goo and then a pool of the blue bouncy goo. The green bouncy goo wouldn't bounce me high enough to get anywhere, and there was a ceiling above the blue bouncy goo. I couldn't see where else to go, so I managed to get perched on the lip of a ramp on the other side of the blue lava, and spin dash back up.

Game is fun but I wish I didn't have a job and other responsibilities so that I could spend more than an hour playing it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

That room has a bustable ceiling right above the super bouncy green goo.
Oh, huh. Nothing seemed to happen when I hit into it. I'll have to try it again.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Why is Sonic chasing a UFO anyway

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I can't believe all the wrong people in the thread who don't like Sonic 2's special stage. I find Blue Spheres really boring.

Maybe it's an age thing, I think I got my Mega Drive in early '93. Sonic 1 was a pack-in, so I played the poo poo out of that. One of my friends had Sonic 2, so I played it a bunch and probably borrowed/swapped with Sonic 1 temporarily. By the time Sonic 3 came out, I remember renting it and thinking it was ok, but a little dull. Also I remember disliking Knuckles. So I really don't have the love for it that people in this thread seem to have. I don't think I ever even played & Knuckles (maybe I rented it for a night or a weekend or something, though).

I think Mania is the first Sonic game I've played since then.

I beat FBZ last night, I think I originally had the same problem as someone on the last page with going through the lower route on Act 2. I somehow ended up on a different route last night, and had a much easier time. It was late and I was going to go to sleep, but ended up playing through all of PGZ, only I died at the boss of Act 2. :argh: It was annoying because he seemed easy enough, I was just a bit dumb. The Lives mechanic is probably my biggest gripe, it is a bit annoying to get shunted back to Act 1 when you die.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Aug 18, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Do you have to collect all the blue spheres in one go to Perfect a stage?

Do they ever reset in a playthrough?

e: This all seems to be answered above

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

FanaticalMilk posted:

I'm pretty sure MBM has been re-released six different ways from Sunday, though maybe not on the newest consoles yet.
The Game Gear version of MBM is available on the 3DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I think there's a button prompt for it when you have the Cleared save slot selected.