Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Jsor posted:

There was a splash screen immediately after the trailer ended in the 25th anniversary stream that showed Modern, Classic, and Boom Sonic standing next to each other and a 25th anniversary logo. It appears to have been excised from the standalone trailer. I assumed it was part of it.

I think they were using that picture all night, like as the logo of the night's party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Macaluso posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's happening though. It was like JOIN THE RESISTANCE and there's no way the resistance is only two people. Though of course then it's only 3 so I dunno who else would be in this "resistance"

Maybe each version of the game gets its own resistance member, Mario on NX, uhhh Kratos on PS4?? Some poo poo on Xbox idk, Tracer on PC

Don't forget Danica Patrick!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

I had the knuckles cloud

I still have it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sharrrk posted:

metal sonic got an extra finger

Digital Sonic

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

That's cool but what if it was Tony Hawk instead of Sonic?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Great Beer posted:

I'm pretty sure Japanese developers don't give a poo poo what Americans want because they hate everyone that isn't Japanese.

Square did a bunch of focus testing for FF13-2 and all they learned is that Americans love QTEs.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

A joke so nice, I get to use it in both the mega man and sonic threads.

I don't get it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

You are all darlings & this page has been fantastic, great moves, keep it up, I'm proud of you sonic thread :)

I'll probably get to making this tomorrow, just need a super pretentious sounding playlist title so the drat wife doesn't think I'm a loser if she sees "sonic jams" in my loadout...

super sonic jams

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Spergatory posted:

So, kind of an odd question: can anyone tell me exactly what was wrong with Lost World? I've never played it, but looking at videos of it, it actually seems to have a lot of neat ideas. The parkour stuff looks pretty cool and is an interesting use of Sonic's speed (using spindash to climb a sheer wall, for example). It looks like when you homing attack you have the option to hit multiple enemies or kick one enemy in a given direction, which seems like it could have a lot of neat implications. Was it just the level design? The controls? The story? Whatever it was, unlike 06 and Boom, it's really not obvious just from watching videos of the game.

It is a lot of neat ideas, but they are all done poorly. Many of those ideas are also never explained so many players probably never realize the multihit homing attacks work and wonder why a boss dies in two hits or don't use the kick because why does Sonic have a kick? And even if you know they're there, they aren't very satisfying to use. It's a bizarre game that constantly feels like you're playing it wrong.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

It has just dawned on me that I do not Sonic X's main theme, Gotta Go Fast, added to my running playlist. I have failed myself, all my Sonic friends and brought great shame to this thread.

There's no shame in admitting that Sonic has more great songs than a single run could handle.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

Now we're talkin :cool:

Side note I made this sick avatar a few weeks ago cause it's unbelievably badass and epic but decided I must stick with my current avatar. There's just too much 'tude in it. Feel free to steal:

Your avatar is really good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I like the idea that Sonkc just exists. His powers don't have an origin story, he's just fast because he's just that way. He doesn't have a traumatic backstory driving him, that's just how he is. He's basically a free roaming wind deity/force of nature/idiot god and that's cool and he wouldn't care if it wasn't cool cause Aonic is merely wholly himself and comfortable with who he is.

Lore is lame.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I hope there's another livestream with Crush 40 concert this year.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Jarogue posted:

Here is how some of the other animals look

I love Sonic!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The Saddest Rhino posted:

this game is on preorder on steam at 10% discount. if i play a lot of megadrive sonic 123&k in my childhood, should I buy it, thread?

There's no benefit to doing it now over doing it the day before release when we'll probably have heard how it is.

But, yes, do it, give Sega money.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I like Hill Top Zone.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I hope there's no bonus stages.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Frankston posted:

I hope the special stage is a fishing simulator where you have to fish for chaos emeralds

Ok, I'm open to bonus stages again.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Forces is going to be awesome

Duh

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Maybe Sonic's just bad.

I think Sonic is good and I don't watch any of the cartoons or read any comics so I'm the smartest person in this thread.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

:siren: NEW CUTE TAILS :siren:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

On the other hand, if this outsells Sonic Forces, maybe Christian Whitehead will become the new director at Sonic Team.

Maybe he'll become Sonic.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

THERE IS ONLY ONE SONIC

You'll drop that ring one day, grandpa

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Sonic is good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Thinking about Sonic Mania.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URiYlhYCeAg

I know this

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Twerk from Home posted:

There's been dozens of local multiplayer only PC games in the last couple years, it's having a huge renaissance. Have your drat friends over.

My friends won't be here until a week from now.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ArfJason posted:

i was so happy that in 2 days i was gonna play sonic mania
now...

I'm not going to let this get me down... I'm... playing Freedom Planet...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

MikeJF posted:

I'm kinda afraid that slight and reasonable imperfection will make the internet turn on it for not being perfect and decry it as a letdown.

So what

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Maybe not getting a sonic Mania 2, that's what. I hope it sells well regardless, for this very reason.

"The Internet" says every Sonic game is the worst game ever yet they still keep getting made

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pakistani politics posted:

RIP to those who died when Sonic Mania swept the nation

Nothing can survive, the will to stay alive

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

I never thought I'd say this after playing so much Sonic CD, but...

Tiny Sonic...is good

Looking forward to my Knuckles playthrough to see Tiny Knuckles

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

How do you do the thing when Playing as Sonic + Tails where you grab onto Tails and fly?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Thanks

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Imagine hugging Tails

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

This game is so good that this thread doesn't know what to complain about, so you're all inventing a next game that will surely be bad.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Simulation883 posted:

Hey all. Cool Sonic shirts on sale today only at theyetee: https://theyetee.com/

I bought the Sonic shirt, thanks!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Somehow I had the most trouble with the 3rd emerald. I couldn't pass it my entire playthrough of the game, but once I did I beat the rest in 1 or 2 tries.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

nerdbot posted:

I'm so glad they're just leaning all the way into it and there's levels where your OC is best friends with Sonic himself. No half-measures, gimme this poo poo.

I love this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Sam Faust posted:

I'm sorry, but the only way Forces can be good is if Infinite is explicitly Eggman's OC, and during the final battle Sonic says "Heh, how can you call yourself Infinite when there's only one of you?' while all of the OC's from everybody's game bum-rush the final boss and Fist Bump is blaring. It's the only way.

I think it can also be good by being fun.