Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Orson Welles Movie?
Citizen Kane
The Magnificent Ambersons
The Stranger
The Lady from Shanghai
Macbeth
Othello
Mr. Arkadin
Touch of Evil
The Trial
Chimes at Midnight
The Immortal Story
F for Fake
Transformers: The Movie
View Results

• Locked thread
Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Beef Turret posted:

all his actors are "actory" and fake as hell.

Can you give some examples of films in the 40's-50's where actors were not being "actory" and fake as hell? That WAS acting for the time period. That's all they knew from theatre and radio work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I read a really terrible book once called Flicker, in it the main character meets Orson Wells, he describes him as sweaty and fat. He describes in pretty great detail how his fat man boobs jiggled and glistened with sweat.

Thats my Orson Wells story.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
Egbert Souse: Touch of Evil - AWESOME.

For a long time, I assumed that Welles was a Capote-like figure who hit it out of the ballpark early and coasted on talk show appearances for the rest of his life. I recently caught Touch of Evil about midway through one afternoon and realized how wrong I was.

• Locked thread