Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Hello CC!

I tried googling how to carve avocado pit crafts( I'd particularly like to carve small pendants and talismans out of pit slices), but it just says I have to cut the pit before it gets too dry - ideally two weeks - and then I can just use a small knife to do the design.

My problem is that, when the pit dries, it warps like a record left against a radiator :( Is there some way to treat a pit so it does not warp, or am I doing something wrong in the cut?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Have you tried pressing them in something like a flower press while drying?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

TheDon01 posted:

Have you tried pressing them in something like a flower press while drying?

No! I've had some succes with dousing them in sawdust, though. I'll try pressing them, thanks!

• Locked thread