Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I spent roughly 3000 dollars over a few years on Maplestory back when I still played it. Also probably double (or more) of that on online poker. Also several hundred on the latest call of duty.

Other than that though I'm pretty good with money.

e: the maplestory and poker money was student loan money

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jul 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I am very good at spending money.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

pig slut lisa posted:

it's nice when parents do all the hard work for their children :)

Yeah, it's called paying it forward. So sorry for all the hippie liberal piece of poo poo parents that would rather suck marxist dick than roll their capitalist game heavy and give their kids a good bump. Note that I took what I was given and built off that. I feel sorry for all the leftist turdwaste that have parents who would rather suck the dole and blame everything on peeps like me and wall street, but go vote for the fuckrocrat that marginalizes them to create a voter base. Idiots.

R-Type fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jul 30, 2016

DoctorG0nzo
May 28, 2014
Anyone with an ability to post a comment in this thread is bad with money because they spent $10 on a forum account

Myself included but I've come to terms with the fact that I'm bad at everything

Gonna buy an avatar once I panhandle enough coins or sell enough stolen copper to afford it, could take weeks cause I'm bad at both of those things too

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
Not really. I hate cooking if it's just for me and could probably save money by not ordering take out so often. Then again, when I buy groceries that involve cooking I tend to get lazy and not eat so I end up wasting money that way. I also tend to be a grazer because I have issues eating larger quantities of food in one sitting so I have very little motivation there either.

I am also very forgetful in general and I suck at remembering to pay bills. Automatic billing is a godsend for someone like me. My ideal kind of lifetime partner would be the kind of person with whom I could give a lump portion of my income and he would take care of the actual process of paying our bills on time.

When I make a better income I am usually significantly better with saving money, although I could be better with smaller impulse purchases sometimes.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I can't afford a Caramel Macchiato

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

R-Type posted:

Yeah, it's called paying it forward. So sorry for all the hippie liberal piece of poo poo parents that would rather suck marxist dick than roll their capitalist game heavy and give their kids a good bump. Note that I took what I was given and built off that. I feel sorry for all the leftist turdwaste that have parents who would rather suck the dole and blame everything on peeps like me and wall street, but go vote for the fuckrocrat that marginalizes them to create a voter base. Idiots.

you sound a little mad for someone who had everything set up for them in life :)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Seriously, what is the standard Definition of, "Being good with money"?

DoctorG0nzo
May 28, 2014

R-Type posted:

ALT RIGHTIST

WE GOT AN ALT RIGHTIST HERE

see nobody cares

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Trojan.exe posted:

Not really. I hate cooking if it's just for me and could probably save money by not ordering take out so often. Then again, when I buy groceries that involve cooking I tend to get lazy and not eat so I end up wasting money that way. I also tend to be a grazer because I have issues eating larger quantities of food in one sitting so I have very little motivation there either.

I am also very forgetful in general and I suck at remembering to pay bills. Automatic billing is a godsend for someone like me. My ideal kind of lifetime partner would be the kind of person with whom I could give a lump portion of my income and he would take care of the actual process of paying our bills on time.

When I make a better income I am usually significantly better with saving money, although I could be better with smaller impulse purchases sometimes.

How you doin'?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I save over half my income because I'm a depressed goon shut-in who finds no joy in spending money or anything :smug:

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

I pay $5 a month to fund "chapo trap house" podcast, so ... probably not.

DiCe69
Dec 21, 2014
how do i tell

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
"Commie pinko leftist dole suckin parasites need to BOOTSTRAP BOOTSTRAP, GOLLY!"

- Man whose parents literally handed him 100k to build a business

I'm not part of the financial sector, AKA the group of shitbags that literally destroyed a huge chunk of the world's wealth in a late-oughts fire sale.

Still, my parents set me up pretty well too, and I'm pretty sure you're a perspectiveless fucko.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

pig slut lisa posted:

what are some examples of ways you've handled money well? if you think you're bad with money: why? what happened to make you think that?

I think I am pretty good with money. I have more than I will likely need so I just have to not spend too much and I live somewhat frugally.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

R-Type posted:

As a parent, if giving my son 'a good bump' means my kid has even a minuscule chance of turning into a word-salad-spewing LOLBOOTSTRAP nitwit like yourself, he's gonna have to row his own boat.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I took all my savings and invested in Nintendo stock just before they released Pokemon GO.. I made a fortune. I quickly sold my stock off at the peak and then invested in this really promising warlord in Somalia who sworte to me he'd carve out an empire in my name

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

RobattoJesus posted:

I'm pretty good with it tbh, whenever I pay with credit cards I flip the card out really quickly and then make a swoosh with my arm and then do the pin code in like 600ms like a ninja and the cashier always looks at me like 'wow, this person is special'

Credit cards don't have a pin.

In regards to Op, I've racked up a cool 3 thousand in debt without any income. I should have it paid in a month or two without a change to lifestyle so I'd say I'm doing well.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Credit cards do have a pin code

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

R-Type posted:

Hey guess what, I refuse to reproduce fucknut. I'm sure your genetic lineage will prosper in the coming greatest contraction in human history you loving breeder.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

Credit cards do have a pin code

Mine never have except for when withdrawing cash and I use the big banks. Is this a regional thing?

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

a dog from hell posted:

Mine never have except for when withdrawing cash and I use the big banks. Is this a regional thing?

I think it varies depending on the card issuer. One of my CC's is chip-and-PIN, the rest are just chip+signature.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
I have a good philosophy on money... gently caress the price on the tag, just throw it in the bag

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

DrCornelius posted:

I paid $10 to be able to post on a dead gay forum, what the hell do you think?

If I were a mod, I'd edit every post in this thread to include this quote.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

also i owe the IRS like $25000

One tax tip the IRS HATES: You don't have to pay income tax if you don't have income!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

My life between the age of 18 and 22 have ruined me financially from age 24 well into my future.

This but I didn't pay taxes from like 19-33. I'm 38 now and just paid the last off it off over the summer. I guess I should start some actual financial planning but having no kids and no debt it's hard to care about that poo poo and I kinda think I would rather work less and play more now while I am still young and healthy and save full time work for when I am old and want to sit in an air conditioned office all day.

I do wildly overspend on toys but if Obama somehow bans fishing tackle I have about a lifetime supply stockpiled I guess.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

bongwizzard posted:

I do wildly overspend on toys but if Obama somehow bans fishing tackle I have about a lifetime supply stockpiled I guess.

Rod sales go through the roof every time a fisherman is dragged into the murky abyss by an unknown horror.

insufficient guns
May 4, 2009

personally, I would
like to fuck Wall-E

:h: :roboluv: :h:
I save lots of money by not drinking, not going out to eat or having friends in general. Instead I read the forums. That ten dollars sure goes a long way :)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

R-Type posted:

trying too hard imo

knehsa
Apr 22, 2013

it doesn't matter how i am with money. my student loan debt is massive. there is no hope, only darkness. hail satan.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Where can I get some Marxist dick to suck

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Somebody in that terrbile bfc thread thought this was real.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Don Tacorleone posted:

Where can I get some Marxist dick to suck

*sighs and starts to unzip

From each according to their ability.

*flops it out

To each according to their need.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Cockmaster posted:

That reminds me: There's this guy who runs a blog under the internet handle "Mr. Money Mustache":

https://www.mrmoneymustache.com

It looks like a source of common-sense financial advice, but a big chunk of the articles have him openly bragging about how superior he is to anyone even slightly less frugal than him, even if they're living well within their means.

Reluctant to move to walking/biking distance of where you work? Bad with money.

Have any hobbies which involve an internal combustion engine? Bad with money.

Have a dog? Bad with money.

Use a clothes dryer instead of hanging up your laundry to dry? Bad with money.

Except that he has a kid, which, even if you're as frugal as he is, is more expensive than any of the above.

You didnt even mention that stuff about dental costs for his daughter.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

bongwizzard posted:

This but I didn't pay taxes from like 19-33. I'm 38 now and just paid the last off it off over the summer. I guess I should start some actual financial planning but having no kids and no debt it's hard to care about that poo poo and I kinda think I would rather work less and play more now while I am still young and healthy and save full time work for when I am old and want to sit in an air conditioned office all day.

No one wants to hire an old burnout fucktard when it's cheaper to hire some goon programmer to automate the process.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Unshaved Moose posted:

I bought an account on this forum so the obvious answer is no.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Certainly better than most people I know, less stingy than my parents. I tend to be day-to-day cheap, and then like to drop some $ for special occasions, or for my friends. I don't really care about having stuff as much as I care about the people I love feeling like they are valued.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

R-Type posted:

They must be really proud that you turned out to be a huge piece of poo poo

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

fits my needs posted:

No one wants to hire an old burnout fucktard when it's cheaper to hire some goon programmer to automate the process.

Lol what? Not a programmer dude and my industry is like 70% old burnout fucktards as most normal people burn out in a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I'm not good with money but I make the equiv of a deece six figgie salary so I really don't need to be "good" with it in order to be ok, as long as I'm not decisively terrible with it, which I am not.

• Locked thread