Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i lost my pit virginity at an Exodus show during "Toxic Waltz" :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Gaz2k21 posted:

As a resident of Eastbourne I have to say I enjoy that part of the song, I however do not enjoy Animal from Anti-Nowhere league talking about how he went on tour with metallica at every loving league gig.
"Who cares."

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Laserface posted:

Rain in Blood

sigh

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I love the song Reigning Blood on the album Rain In Blood.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Dave Mustaine is a gibbering cartoon character chucklefuck and Peace Sells is the only album worth listening to

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

megadeth has like an albums worth of good songs stretched across a career.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

almost as bad as everyone saying Rust in Piece

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

jiharlequinade posted:

Dave Mustaine is a gibbering cartoon character chucklefuck and Peace Sells is the only album worth listening to
Mustaine is definitely a loony but fuckin :laffo: if you think Megadeth's only album worth a listen is Peace Sells

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

jackyl posted:

gently caress yeah, they do and anyone who disagrees probably likes anime

let's all enjoy Metallica in this goddamn thread

I've seen them only 7 or 8 times but they own every time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqee-u7Uq2I

i like anime and metallica, much like trey azagtoth whom loves sailor moon and metallica

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mysterious loyall X posted:

i like anime and metallica, much like trey azagtoth whom loves sailor moon and metallica
i legitimately thought you were joking but

:stare:

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

symbolic posted:

He's going to end up pulling a Marty Friedman and move to Japan to start a J-Pop group.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

symbolic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MImaK0MDac

his quake 3 clan is called sailor scouts

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
It took me until my later years to appreciate Anthrax, they're pretty awesome

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Lars was right to kick out Mustaine.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Yeah I only started liking anthrax in the last three or four years. I used to not get it, but they understood in their day what I'm only starting to understand: That metal, and thrash metal specifically, is loving silly and not a deathly serious matter for raining blood, ktulu's and sanitariums, and symphonies of destruction. Sometimes you just need to mosh and clap with one hand.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Dragonforce is a better metal band than post-Black album Metallica.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

so what's his SA account name?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
It's time to realize Metallica sucks a long dong. hillbilly metal hahhaa

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

the guy also made a really really lovely doom wad one time

e: said wad comes with a pirated copy of doom 2

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

hemophilia posted:

Yeah I only started liking anthrax in the last three or four years. I used to not get it, but they understood in their day what I'm only starting to understand: That metal, and thrash metal specifically, is loving silly and not a deathly serious matter for raining blood, ktulu's and sanitariums, and symphonies of destruction. Sometimes you just need to mosh and clap with one hand.

anthrax wrote more than their fair share of po-faced serious poo poo to counterbalance all the songs about comic books and stephen king novels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtD_GUvu-wc

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Joey Belladonna is loving terrible and ruins any Anthrax songs he's in. Bush is limited but 1000x better than the awful cheesefest that is Belladonna

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Also, Dawn of the Angry by Morbid Angel owns bones. Haven't heard much else though.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Chromatic posted:

Also, Dawn of the Angry by Morbid Angel owns bones. Haven't heard much else though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oidCSBMsaR0

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Chromatic posted:

Joey Belladonna is loving terrible and ruins any Anthrax songs he's in.

Yeah, he's the only reason I never got into Anthrax when I was a kid. I liked the music itself, but I just couldn't stand that guy's Cock Rock vocals.

e: Also, I like the early Morbid Angel demo with the guy trying to sound like Kind Diamond. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6UwU5WzOFg

Vastarien fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Aug 1, 2016

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Chromatic posted:

Joey Belladonna is loving terrible and ruins any Anthrax songs he's in. Bush is limited but 1000x better than the awful cheesefest that is Belladonna

Belladonna blows live to these days, his vocals are fine but his on stage act is so pantomime that it's almost patronising.

I was actually at an Anthrax show when they briefly had Dan Nelson singing for them it was pretty loving good, they rocked out a pretty rad Refused cover to.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a huge thrax fan but yeah they have been playing the same loving show for a long long time. There are sing along parts. WHOA-OHA parts. Watching them is like watching a lovely cover band. Joey is a great vocalist but he is doing the operatic poo poo too much now. Oh well, they are old men.

The new lead guitarist guy is pretty great though.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
wthey suck op

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

redeyes posted:

I'm a huge thrax fan but yeah they have been playing the same loving show for a long long time. There are sing along parts. WHOA-OHA parts. Watching them is like watching a lovely cover band. Joey is a great vocalist but he is doing the operatic poo poo too much now. Oh well, they are old men.

The new lead guitarist guy is pretty great though.

they've only put out like what 3 albums in the past 20 years it's not like they have a lot of new material to jazz up the setlist with

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Charlie Benante > Lars

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

symbolic posted:

Read the liner notes to any Morbid Angel album, Trey mentions Mario and Sonic and Simon Belmont and a bunch of Ranma 1/2 characters and other video game/anime characters under his 'special thanks'

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
gently caress metallicna

slayer is a lot better

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Metallica was awesome until James Hetfield adopted his gruff tobacco farmer persona.

Death Magnetic was *almost* a return to form but they just couldn't resist that pump-up-the-troops redneck horseshit with the first single.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Pope Mobile posted:

Metallica is my brother's favorite band. The "first dance" song at his wedding was "Nothing Else Matters".

This is legit pretty funny

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Secular Humanist posted:

Death Magnetic was *almost* a return to form but they just couldn't resist that pump-up-the-troops redneck horseshit with the first single.
i dunno if it was the first single, but the only DM song i remember listening to is "All Nightmare Long" and it owns

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
They own a gold plated shark tank, but they had to save up for a couple of months because I downloaded some of their songs on Napster.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Secular Humanist posted:

Metallica was awesome until James Hetfield adopted his gruff tobacco farmer persona.

also having 4 minutes of riffs in an 8 minute song just like St. Anger.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

new song is eh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBHL3v4d3I

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
"We're so hosed" -Metallica 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

it's alright

i guarantee that the album won't be as good as the one Megadeth released this year though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

If you told me this was an unreleased B side from Load or whatever from the late 90s I would have believed you. I'm not saying that's good or bad, just that they sound the same.

• Locked thread