Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
memba this
This poll is closed.
goku 130 46.43%
goku 150 53.57%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

who remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

A militant group had altercations with the Philadelphia government. The government decided to drop a bomb on their compound and kill a bunch of black children.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v5ZXAxTGHg

A militant group had altercations with the FBI in Waco Texas. The government decided to shoot grenades and tear gas into their compound and kill a bunch of white children.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege

A militant group had altercations with with the FBI. The government decided to let parcel shipments go into their compound where they were bombarded with dildos which eventually led to this

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

Literally my favorite "hey remember" thing to bring up at parties

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Fresh from the news: this is one of the three rooms of a Brazilian drug lord's prison cell in Paraguay:

How does he spend his free time?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

How about that time OJ faked the mars landing? That was hosed up.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

DONT CARE BUTTON posted:

Literally my favorite "hey remember" thing to bring up at parties

When this was happening I flipped on the TV and they were showing live coverage of the balloon whipping through the sky and for a few glorious seconds I thought it was live footage of an alien ship having entered our atmosphere.

I don't understand the Sears plate. I guess I can't really tell what I'm looking at. Was it just an unfortunate still from a cartoon?

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

criscodisco posted:

I don't understand the Sears plate. I guess I can't really tell what I'm looking at. Was it just an unfortunate still from a cartoon?

It was fan art of King Dedede raping whatever that thing is.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

criscodisco posted:

It's the final boss from the Kirby video game having sex with another enemy from the game. Someone found it on sears.com while looking for a Kirby video game. To everyone's amazement, they actually delivered it when ordered.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Here is another Sears one that happened around 6 years ago. It was caused by a SQL vulnerability that allowed people browsing on the webpage to change the name of the products.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
These men are pawns.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/EB5bDZB.png

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bar88537 posted:

A militant group had altercations with the Philadelphia government. The government decided to drop a bomb on their compound and kill a bunch of black children.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v5ZXAxTGHg

Also the compound was just a house in a regular neighborhood, reinforced. So they bombed an entire neighborhood of people just to get a handful to vacate the house. :911:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

1989 Exxon caused an oil spill in the Prince William Sound.

They also sued Alaska over it. http://www.nytimes.com/1989/10/25/us/exxon-sues-alaska-charging-cleanup-delay.html

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
best thing that's happened in the last 2 decades no contest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoOLF4ifPM4

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
The time the UK gave the most subtle of 'gently caress you's' to the King of Saudi Arabia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_RXMzXlQlw

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Fourteen-thousand US dollars

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

cuck cuck im gay posted:

Those are piled high! :captainpop:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

clint eastwood at the dnc makes me wonder: who remember clint eastwood at the RNC talking to a chair

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

cuck cuck im gay posted:

Fries.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Rock the casbah should have been title Ishtar 2: electric Boogaloo

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

paul_soccer10 posted:

best thing that's happened in the last 2 decades no contest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoOLF4ifPM4

He looks so happy to be just dodging shoes, it was probably the highlight of his trip.

:allears:

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Neo-nazis killed dozens of protestors by burning down a building they chased them into and shooting/ stabbing/ beating them when thye ran out, while police stood by in 2014

(NWS graphic)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7paGcbyefhk

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

mobby_6kl posted:

And of course this, which is recent enough to hopefully not need a reminder, but :wtc: enough to deserve one:

https://youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPx...3&v=DXB988kF3hI

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

a mod destroyed a forums website by changing the name of a subforum

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

a monkey got shot because a kid fell into the monkey pen

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

the angry orange had a tv show

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

quote:

A McCain campaign volunteer made up a story of being robbed, pinned to the ground and having the letter “B” scratched on her face in what she had said was a politically inspired attack, police said Friday.

Ashley Todd, 20-year-old college student from College Station, Texas, admitted Friday that the story was false, said Maurita Bryant, the assistant chief of the police department’s investigations division. Todd was charged with making a false report to police, and Bryant said police doubted her story from the start.

Dressed in an orange hooded sweat shirt, Todd left police headquarters in handcuffs late Friday and did not respond to questions from reporters. The mark on her face was faded and her left eye was slightly blackened when she arrived in district court.

Todd was awaiting arraignment Friday on the misdemeanor false-report charge, which is punishable by up to two years in prison. She will be housed in a mental health unit at the county jail for her safety and because of “her not insignificant mental health issues,” prosecutor Mark Tranquilli said.

Todd initially told investigators she was attempting to use a bank branch ATM on Wednesday night when a 6-foot-4 black man approached her from behind, put a knife blade to her throat and demanded money. She told police she handed the assailant $60 and walked away.

Todd, who is white, told investigators she suspected the man then noticed a John McCain sticker on her car. She said the man punched her in the back of the head, knocked her to the ground and scratched a backward letter “B” into her face with a dull knife.

Police said Todd claimed the man told her that he was going to “teach her a lesson” for supporting the Republican presidential candidate, and that she was going to become a supporter of Democratic candidate Barack Obama.

Todd told police she didn’t seek medical attention, but instead went to a friend’s apartment nearby and called police about 45 minutes later.

Todd could provide no explanation for why she invented the story, police said. The woman told investigators she believes she cut the “B” onto her own cheek, but did not provide an explanation of how or why and said she doesn’t remember doing so, police said.

Police said the woman reported suffering from “mental problems” in the past, and that they do not believe anyone put her up to the act.

Tranquilli said Todd will remain jailed over the weekend pending a psychiatric evaluation, which won’t happen until Monday at the earliest.

The Associated Press could not immediately locate Todd’s family.

Bryant said somebody charged with making a false report would typically be cited and sent a summons. But because police have concerns about Todd’s mental health, they are consulting with the Allegheny County District Attorney.

Todd worked in New York for the College Republican National Committee before moving two weeks ago to Pennsylvania, where her duties included recruiting college students, the committee’s executive director, Ethan Eilon, has said.

“We are as upset as anyone to learn of her deceit, Ashley must take full responsibility for her actions,” College Republican National Committee spokeswoman Ashley Barbera said in a statement.

Police reported Todd’s claims Thursday, as a photo of her injuries made it onto numerous blogs and news sites. By Friday, police said they had found inconsistencies in Todd’s story. They gave her a lie-detector test, but wouldn’t release the polygraph results.

Police interviewed Todd after she contacted police Wednesday night and again on Thursday, Bryant said. They asked her to come back Friday, ostensibly to help police put together a sketch of the man. Instead, detectives began interviewing her.

“They just started talking to her and she just opened up and said she wanted to tell the truth,” Bryant said.

Police suspected all along that Todd might not be telling the truth, starting with the fact that the “B” was backward, Bryant said.

“We have robbers here in Pittsburgh, but they don’t generally mutilate someone’s face like that,” Bryant said. “They just take the money and run.”

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Shrek is a thing. Musicals are a thing. Farting is a thing. Making a Shrek musical number about the two love interests farting on each other and premiering it on an episode of the talk show "The View" was a thing.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Macasaurus posted:

haha goddammit he did. gently caress you for making me remember

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

criscodisco posted:

Sears is trying to do an Amazon and serve as an e-storefront for third party sellers, one of which (at least then) being a Cafepress or whatever style printing company. Someone uploaded an erotic drawing of some characters from Kirby and it got put up automatically to the Sears site for all the possible things they could print it on.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Macasaurus posted:

a monkey got shot because a kid fell into the monkey pen

RIP Harambe.

Dicks out

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Macasaurus posted:

Is that the show that had pedophiles working on it?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddlrGkeOzsI

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

No you're thinking of somethingawful.com

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Macasaurus posted:

No you're thinking of somethingawful.com
Actually he's talking about every single show on TLC.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

nah shmorky did adult swim bumps

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
A thing that actually happened:

A woman screaming at someone in a McDonald's drive thru that she would go all Super Saiyan if she didn't get any chicken nuggets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Trojan.exe posted:

A thing that actually happened:

A woman screaming at someone in a McDonald's drive thru that she would go all Super Saiyan if she didn't get any chicken nuggets.

excuse me but i am a man and not a woman

• Locked thread