Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
All I can say about this LP is that I wish it updated more often, because otherwise I'm going to end up buying this for myself. :allears: It looks like good fun, though the inability to save-scum and the need to juggle so many things always worries me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
People generally like to know when a game being LP'd goes on sale, so... Darkest Dungeon is 40% off on the Humble Store today. That's 15 USD instead of 25.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
So I just picked up the game for myself, and :rip: Dismas and my Graverobber, both horribly murdered on the very first trip to the Weald. All despite clowning on the Apprentice Necromancer together. :smith:

Mushrooms and crits, man.

Edit: Decided to start over, things off to a much better start. Outside of the one Man-At-Arms who is now made of diseases after being sprayed with so much vomit.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Sep 9, 2016

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
The Collector is such a fantastic chump. It's a shame he didn't drop a head for you, Highwang.

I, uh... I may have some suspicions about where all your luck went. :sweatdrop: That's the third secret room this playthrough; got Dismas' head from the first one. The same quest gave me that Vestal trinket with +25% healing. :shepface:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Captain Capitalism posted:

The thing you're talking about (the side event) only happens once you have 4 level 5 heroes, so even if Glukk Glukk levels up to 5, you don't have to worry about it just yet.
I have just encountered that thing and posted about it in the Games thread, if anyone wants to know how that went for a first timer. (Spoiler: Just as well as you'd expect.)

For the Siren, I went ahead and cheesed the hell out of her. She favours whoever has the lowest debuff resistance, soooo I brought along an Antiquarian who mainly just healed herself for 1 damage when stolen. :v:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I'll admit, I was totally ready to come rushing in here and yell "Highwang was wrong!" until you actually looked up the misfire chance mid-video. :v:

But yeah, the pounder is definitely not the most threatening of the bosses.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Ashsaber posted:

Today it was 40% off for Halloween and I snatched it right up.

double nine posted:

Be wary, triumphant pride precipitates a dizzying fall.
Sounds about right. :v: There's also another game on sale that kinda reminds me of Darkest Dungeon, probably just because of the bard doing the ancestor's job... and how callously it encourages you to treat your mooks.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Wait. Wait.

Did I hear Highwang say that the game before E.V.O. got translated? The game where Lucifer looks like they're played by vampire Marilyn Monroe?

Welp, guess I'd better go look for that.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
The best Bard in a videogame is Deekin Scalesinger, the kobold companion from Neverwinter Night's expansions. Obviously.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Highwang posted:

Finally, Finale Jester. Its super good for Champion Mode to offset all the stress damage while still maintaining crazy damage. I almost feel he's mandatory now.
That one guy in the Games thread would have an aneurysm if they read that, given the massive hate-boner they seem to have for the Jester. :v:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Shei-kun posted:

Hearing Highwang say "R.I.P. in Peace" made me want to scream at my monitor because R.I.P. already stands for Rest In Peace goddamnit :argh:
ATM machine, PIN number, LCD display...

Fun fact: this is called RAS syndrome. (Which is of course 'redundant acronym syndrome syndrome'.)

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
So I'm sitting around, playing some Armello, taking a look at some of the cards' flavour text while I wait for my turn.

Hmmmm. Call me crazy, but I think that might be a reference.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 22, 2017

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Added enemies continue to be interesting. Glad they seem to have turned out well.

Highwang posted:

Is that game any good? I've not seen any videos on it and it looks interesting but also a bit of a timesink. and I have way too many timesinks.
That depends on how cunning you can be and how much of a filthy lucker you are. :v: I'd say it was worth grabbing if you see it on sale. It's one of those games where a match takes about an hour, so it's not for people without much free time.

Edit: I need to see artwork of your Darkest Mushroom Kingdom idea.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Mar 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem is a fantastic game, and I'm glad it got a mention this episode. :toot:

And yes, Hands of Glory are a real thing.

• Locked thread