Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now

Queen Combat posted:

Why are you here?

Pick was posting about Hannibal gifs and then things turned a little blue.

edit: A shameful snipe.

just another has a new favorite as of 09:02 on Jan 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

like that whole post is completely made up. there are 0 examples of ANY of that stuff. none. you cant find a single example of any of that poo poo.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Sestze posted:

buddy i don't have platinum anymore due to being banned for effectively calling out OXBALLS DOT COM in a thread where he was flaming Prester Jane for being trans.

im not gonna spend any more money on this website until the bigot problem is resolved.

that oxballs guy was one of the worst posters on the forum and if he is perma'd then im glad but also dont make accusations without being able to prove them

:madmax:

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Pick posted:

I'm upset that people asked for Neopets expertise and then shat all over it, despite me having a good memory and being really familiar with that game during a critical point in its relevant timeframe and then acting like it's trolling to provide content about topics being discussed.
i thank you for contributing to a derail that was seized upon to once again bury statements that criticize FYAD. Truly spectacular.

these are the people that relentlessly made fun of you for your personal story threads, all of your personal baggage you left out in the open they mocked you for, and you're gladly playing along with them as if you're best pals forever.

very smart.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

communist kangaroo posted:

i for one found your neopets posts to be on-topic and felt they served as a delightful intermission to the posts surrounding them

SOME MORE NEOPETS STUFF:

I don't know if they ever found a way to combat "refreshers" -- programs that would load a bunch of tabs and constantly refresh them, which was a way to get certain items which you'd randomly "stumble upon" like Codestones.

Guilds went away because they were usually used to organize cheating, such as using gamewinning clicker programs to break the hide-and-seek game (for trivial amounts of money per account) or to corner the market on quest-relevant goods.

Popular artist... uh, shoomlah? I think? Was briefly an artist for Neopets and told stories about the insane wheeling and dealing trying to keep the scientologists from having too much influence.

The original Bruce pet was not a dumpy penguin. he was:

And was converted when the site updated its art.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

woozy pawsies posted:

youve never read fyad

i posted in fyad regularly for about a month back in 2014 or 2015 before i decided it wasn't for me

it wasn't the place then that it is now. it wasn't for me, but it wasn't... this.

gently caress you and gently caress off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm pretty sure the only fyad poster who's trolling the thread right now is scary ghost dog, which is honestly pretty funny because they're doing the exact opposite of smothering the discussion.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GulagDolls posted:

will do, my friend... I play to try it again after I finish dragon quest 11, which is probably going to take roughly seven hundred more hours.

lol, good luck. I need to try to finish up this game soon since I plan on getting Atelier Ryza, but this is also something I could probably jump in and out of compare to other JRPGs since its "main story" light.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

razorrozar posted:

i cannot be any clearer than this:

gently caress

OFF

That's the tea, sis!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

UCS Hellmaker posted:

now remember the pictures are lost to time sadly but the crust is still there

ah it's been a while since I've read this. Thank you for posting it.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
The neopets posts are infinitely less tedious than whatever the gently caress this all is. Nothing is going to get resolved in the manner you want, especially if you have jack poo poo faith in the moderation staff in the first place. What's even the point of continuing this?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I don't know her well enough, but I have some doubts that Cuntellectual is an alt of any sort let alone fyad. For one, waaaay too many posts for an alt. Even for how long she's been here that many posts just for an alt is too much, and if it was I couldn't begin to imagine how many posts the non-alt account would have. Second, the account was made in 2010. 2010 was a much different time in the forums and unfortunately if someone wanted to be transphobic back then they wouldn't need an alt. Or even need to wrap their arguments up for that matter. Third, well, an alt would be much better at keeping a low profile. Judging by her rapsheet she has constantly gotten into it with other posters for random poo poo. That being said, I think her week's probe is fair, seeing as how she's repeatedly stuck her foot in her mouth in the TGRS threads before, and her apparent inability to let things go would have no doubt been frustrating for the posters. I can understand why tgrs posters would be suspicious of her.

I could be wrong of course, but I just think she's another socially awkward poster like a ton of other infamous posters tend to be. That's my $0.02 anyway.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sestze posted:

i thank you for contributing to a derail that was seized upon to once again bury statements that criticize FYAD. Truly spectacular.

these are the people that relentlessly made fun of you for your personal story threads, all of your personal baggage you left out in the open they mocked you for, and you're gladly playing along with them as if you're best pals forever.

very smart.

It's not stupid to be willing to be honest about yourself even if you get ridiculed for it, and gently caress you for acting like I'm stupid for acknowledging that I'm a silly, weird person.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

razorrozar posted:

i posted in fyad regularly for about a month back in 2014 or 2015 before i decided it wasn't for me

it wasn't the place then that it is now. it wasn't for me, but it wasn't... this.

ok, so you have no idea what happens in there but you feel like you do?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

just another posted:

Pick was posting about Hannibal gifs and then things turned a little blue.

Oh, you're right. Let me update the timeline

Queen Combat posted:

<thread about sagas>

<current saga about cuntellectual bein' a poo poo pops up, concerns raised because QCS still closed>

<SUDDENLY A DOZEN FYAD POSTERS, posting more in an hour than the last two days, most never in this thread before, miraculously covering up any real concern>

<try to bring up current saga/concern again by mostly trans posters>

<FYAD posters going "nuh uh NEOPETS">

<Pick also for some reason trying to cover up the shittery by cuntellectual with unrelated hannibal gifs>

<you enter the picture to add to the noise for unknown reasons with your only two posts in this thread>

Sorry, I forgot about that.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sestze posted:

i did what many fyad posters told me to do and started lurking in FYAD to see if there were in fact transphobic posts, and it was interesting because someone posted a screenshot of postcount leaderboards for FYAD, and "littlest anime", "space anime" and "spb" were all the top posters in FYAD. By a wide margin. Post banning.

I'd find you said post but it seems that the closure and moving of all FYAD threads seems to be so that finding these pieces of information would be made more difficult, after all, the current IK of FYAD said it best:

Okay I think I get what you're saying here but I'm not sure what it has to do with alts? Also I'm not what you meant earlier by "one of my threads"

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

The only image of fruit hat and abe, and he gets his dick touched at the same time for some creepy reason

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I wish I could contribute to neopets chat but despite spending a huge amount of my childhood on it all my memories of that time are a blur. I think I was too dumb of a kid to ever be able to join in on any of the big story events, or amass any amount of neopoints.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Queen Combat posted:

Why are you here?

Just another FYAD brigading with his fellow trolls. That, or a wannabe trying to curry favor with the Pink Reich.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

communist kangaroo posted:

i for one found your neopets posts to be on-topic and felt they served as a delightful intermission to the posts surrounding them

all I remember from neopets is that it was bullshit and I couldn't figure it out because I was bad at the internet, but also this experience also probably helped me not fall for gacha game poo poo later in my life

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

i want to make this clear: one of the people who hates fyad posted in it 5 years ago for a month and hasnt read it since. ????

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

razorrozar posted:

Enough with this please.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

woozy pawsies posted:

ok, so you have no idea what happens in there but you feel like you do?

look at those goalposts move

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

professor metis posted:

I'm pretty sure the only fyad poster who's trolling the thread right now is scary ghost dog, which is honestly pretty funny because they're doing the exact opposite of smothering the discussion.
we're 100% aware of what they are doing, it's not subtle, it's just the same sort of "agree but provide a hyperbolic solution to make you look stupid" type thing we've seen in the FYAD refugee camp and QCS.

"where will it stop, they're never going to stop the circular firing squad against their own people" was an honest statement said by a FYAD poster today, and I have to admit, stooping to an absolutely absurd slippery slope is about normal for them.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
Yo anyone got a link to that fake IK contest from FYAD where the OP promised IK to anyone who posted a picture of themselves sucking their own dick. There was like a scale for how much IK privileges were given based on how far they could get their dick into their mouth and some dude actually did it

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

all I remember from neopets is that it was bullshit and I couldn't figure it out because I was bad at the internet, but also this experience also probably helped me not fall for gacha game poo poo later in my life

oh no... this has triggered a revelation for me about my vulnerability to gachas

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I was invited to SA by someone I know irl who still posts here!

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Pick posted:

It used to be great time. I even invited my husband but he said it was too weird.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Pick posted:

It's not stupid to be willing to be honest about yourself even if you get ridiculed for it, and gently caress you for acting like I'm stupid for acknowledging that I'm a silly, weird person.
I think it is unwise to provide a vehicle for and allying with people who have shown you zero respect in the past.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Tardcore posted:

Yo anyone got a link to that fake IK contest from FYAD where the OP promised IK to anyone who posted a picture of themselves sucking their own dick. There was like a scale for how much IK privileges were given based on how far they could get their dick into their mouth and some dude actually did it

Now this sounds like a loving saga!

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
edit: gently caress it I don't care.

Pick you do you.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

professor metis posted:

I wish I could contribute to neopets chat but despite spending a huge amount of my childhood on it all my memories of that time are a blur. I think I was too dumb of a kid to ever be able to join in on any of the big story events, or amass any amount of neopoints.

it was really cool finding the hidden pages. if you pressed tab to find them you're a cheater and i hate u tho.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Tardcore posted:

uuuhhhh what. hell wouldnt that get you banned anyways for homegrown if you did it and posted? let alone run out of the forums in tears? (which would have been the point regardless)

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I think avs posted earlier that she came to SA from TvTropes and I just want to say... Me too :negative:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Tardcore posted:

:wtc:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

professor metis posted:

It actually becomes (became?) really boring once you get enough neopoints because everything is either readily purchaseable or so impossibly expensive that no amount of work would allow you to catch up.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

ArfJason posted:

it was really cool finding the hidden pages. if you pressed tab to find them you're a cheater and i hate u tho.

Thinking about that money tree and how it hosed me over.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Pick posted:

I was also invited here by someone I knew irl. I don't know if they post here still though.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Pick posted:

It actually becomes (became?) really boring once you get enough neopoints because everything is either readily purchaseable or so impossibly expensive that no amount of work would allow you to catch up.

i still curse the amount of playtime i spent on hasee bounce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

razorrozar posted:

look at those goalposts move

this makes 0 sense. i said 3 people in here tonight are from fyad. you said im not fooling anyone ??
i then said umalt's post was nonsense, you said to gently caress off.
i said you never read fyad, you said you read it 5 years ago for 1 month and i said implied that is not indicative of (what was)current fyad
what goalposts have been moved???