Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

(source)......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................(source)
The Lacenda estate was built as a pleasure garden for one of the River Kings. At its height, it was a quintessential example of Livireen decadence. Elegant fountains punctuated gardens of bushy ferns and hyacinths, while the orchards were lush with rows and rows of oranges and pomegranates. The interior of the (relatively) modest home was a meeting of gold and ivory and pearl, interwoven from statues of the Kings' family to the surrounding furniture and walls, creeping like vines throughout the manor. Lacenda's master would sleep on beds of linen and Cazanese silks.
But that was before the Arrentish Liberation. Once the River Kings were ousted, the estate was looted, ripped apart, and partially destroyed by arson.
A few years later, with a grant from the newly-appointed county authority, a petty noble who escaped the revolution with his head and his family acquired the estate. He rebuilt it into a farm, hiring workers and replanting the orchards. When he died, his son continued the work, rebuilding the destroyed wing of the manor and raising a series of cottages for the servants. By the fifth generation, Lacenda had returned to an echo of its former splendor as a profitable plantation with almost two dozen indentured serfs under its master's dominion.
Now while the Liberation officially ended Livireen law, the shambling governments it bore can barely manage their own affairs let alone enforce its increasingly nonsensical legislation outside city walls. Those in the countryside have no courts or magistrates, and resolve their disputes by the sword.
A week ago, Augusto Despino, the sixth holder of the renewed Lacenda estate, died without issue and without a will. Under traditional Livireen intestate succession the property would pass to his closest paternal male heir: his third cousin once removed, also named Augusto. And so Augusto Despino II left for Lacenda expecting it would be his by right. When he arrived though he found it was already occupied by the late master's sororal niece, Aemilia Peiraņa. She insisted it was hers. Augusto disagreed, and vowed to kill "that half-breed witch" and anyone who supported her claim.
That night, the servants gathered by the fire of the smithy's forge. They realized this was their chance: while the masters were distracted with their squabbling, the servants could just kill them both, and then finally they could be free.

As dawn broke, Lacenda stood in an uneasy silence, as if the building itself waited with anticipation for the violence to come.

(source)...........................................................................................................(source)
Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a 21 player closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix minor things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be reasonable about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. It doesn't matter what votebot says; votebot is just for your convenience, only the votecounts I present are to be assumed accurate and reliable. If you think you see a mistake in a votecount I have posted, please contact me privately so I may check it.

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually, maybe with a "hey go post GO POST NOWWWW". If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Deadlines are the most effective and easiest way to encourage participation. To that effect, every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no hanging. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, your AIM if you have it (but I know you don't anymore), and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email every other day or so, so if you don't have PMs you should really consider buying platinum already!

If you are living with or otherwise have direct RL contact with another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

Not assured to be accurate!

CURRENT PHASE: GAME OVER
:h: N / A
:d: N / A

Player List:
1) Absurd Revolver
2) Anomalous Amalgam
3) AnonymousNarcotics Pinterest Mom
4) Atomic Soda
5) BottleKnight
6) CCKeane
7) dongsbot 9000
8) Gamerofthegame chaoslord
9) Infinitum Mayor Glowku
10) JimsonTheBetrayer
11) Kashuno
12) Max
13) Meinberg
14) MG3 merk
15) Moatillata
16) Propaganda Machine
17) Quidnose Podima
18) SirSamVimes
19) The Ninth Layer
20) TMMadman
21) Tremendous Taste

Night 0: Varinn, Valerie, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), died. Illandir, Iber, Corrupt Servant (mafia-aligned goon), died.
Day 1: Anomalous Amalgam, Aristes, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 1: Kashuno, Maritza, Blacksmith (town-aligned vigilante), died. Absurd Revolver, Clemantera, Carpenter (town-aligned governor), died.
Day 2: merk, Vilmo, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 2: Mayor Glowku, Jon, Corrupt Servant (mafia-aligned goon), died.
Day 3: Jimsonthebetrayer, Leon Jaume, Priest (mafia-aligned rolecop/doc enabler), executed.
Night 3: Max, Blase, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), died. Pinterest Mom, Jana, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 4: TMMadman, Miguel, Corrupt Cleric (usurper-aligned doctor/cop enabler), executed.
Night 4: BottleKnight, Cornelius Buenaventura, Footman (town-aligned cop), died. CCKeane, Alejandro, Guard (town-aligned bodyguard), died.
Day 5: Podima, Alonso, Picker (town-aligned cop), executed.
Night 5: SirSamVimes, Carolina, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), died. The Ninth Layer, Augusto Despino, Master (mafia-aligned godfather), died.
Day 6: Moatillata, Fernando Ancleto, Butler (mafia-aligned farmer), executed.
Night 6: Atomic Soda, Cibran, Groundskeeper (town-aligned tracker), died.
Day 7: chaoslord, Xavier, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), executed. Meinberg, Edmino Llus, Cleric (town-aligned doctor), endgamed. dongsbot 9000, Herberto, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), endgamed.

GAME OVER
USURPER VICTORY

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 19, 2016

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
*Farts loudly into elbow*

JimsonTheBetrayer fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 29, 2016

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Hahahahahahhahahahahaha

Ha.

That was a finger slip. I am on mobile.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Also this is a sign up.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello I am new to something awful mafia please be gentle.

I have PMs and my email is gigantothetroll at gmail.com . I do not have AIM.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
An Ecco game. I'll play.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
wb ecco :h:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

EccoRaven posted:

However, it is a "traditional" game

lol if anyone still believes this

(This is a sign up.)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sure I'll play.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
We missed you Ecco!

I'm in.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

👻

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
illjoin

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
lots of words to read in the op but i mostly read it (i dont read italics)

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Let's do this

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yay an ecco game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Turbo

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
I'm in

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Ecco game! Put me in!

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Quidnose posted:

Ecco game! Put me in!

#vote Quidad

Rollingstart.tiff

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
"hm, I think I should check the mafia thread for some reason"

oh, it's an ecco game

!!!

Full disclosure, I am moving (in town) monday and my net might not be up for like, half the first day. Or it might be up near instantly. Who knows?!

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

"hm, I think I should check the mafia thread for some reason"

oh, it's an ecco game

!!!

Full disclosure, I am moving (in town) monday and my net might not be up for like, half the first day. Or it might be up near instantly. Who knows?!

Trying to cover up that you are scum already.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Mayor Glowku posted:

Trying to cover up that you are scum already.

!!!!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

actually it's more likely the game will start after I move so lol

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Is there still room?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Meinberg posted:

Is there still room?

for you? always.

I will leave signups open over the weekend and if there's too much interest I'll RNG the final player list. Expect the game to start Monday! I know, I'd be surprised too, but it's important to have goals in life.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hi I would like to play in this game my aim name is bigwettbutts

My email is bigwetbutts@hotmail.com I hope I make it in

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
🐒🐘🐸

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

🙄😒😴

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I will actually play, just for you.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
In like Flynn.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

EccoRaven posted:

for you? always.

I will leave signups open over the weekend and if there's too much interest I'll RNG the final player list. Expect the game to start Monday! I know, I'd be surprised too, but it's important to have goals in life.

This is a very nice way of saying you'll just decide who to exclude if need be. You don't use RNG Ecco :P

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

You are all going down. I'm the sk

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hola.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

In-f