Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm guessing that Ecco made the enablers scum so as town catches more of them they lose their power advantage? Interesting setup.

##vote tmm

yeah that's my suspicion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

SirSamVimes posted:

##unvote didn't realise that would be -1

Yeah, I miscounted. That said though, what's left to discuss?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I think it's more likely than you and Podima having differing sanities obviously.

if there is a framer and that did happen, then that is in my mind far less likely and just incredibly unlucky for town.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The only thing I'm going to ask people to think about is: If I'm a scum cop enabler, why don't I get myself lynched on D1? Sure, it might hurt the scum team by being a man down, but it also prevents any cop investigations and any connections I'd make with other people.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
yeah jimson had the same power i reckon vimes is spot on.

if tmm is almost lynched i will not vote now

also pmom if you are still reading this thread i am sorry i think my idiocy last night may have got you nked :/

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I mean what you guys seem to be saying is that the only reason I'd want to stay alive is because there was a cop on my scum team and I needed to keep him powered up.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lol what the gently caress

I was seriously thinking after Jimson's flip 'what if Ecco made all the scum enablers??? nah that'd be insane'

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm guessing that Ecco made the enablers scum so as town catches more of them they lose their power advantage? Interesting setup.

##vote tmm

This, basically.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

TMMadman posted:

The only thing I'm going to ask people to think about is: If I'm a scum cop enabler, why don't I get myself lynched on D1? Sure, it might hurt the scum team by being a man down, but it also prevents any cop investigations and any connections I'd make with other people.

Because you could use wonky cop results to make cases, like you've tried to do here? You just got unlucky enough to be the target of investigation.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

TMMadman posted:

I mean what you guys seem to be saying is that the only reason I'd want to stay alive is because there was a cop on my scum team and I needed to keep him powered up.

what like jimson?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

TMMadman posted:

Because having a scum player is more valuable than making one power role a vanilla?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Atomic Soda posted:

yeah jimson had the same power i reckon vimes is spot on.

if tmm is almost lynched i will not vote now

also pmom if you are still reading this thread i am sorry i think my idiocy last night may have got you nked :/

Nah, it was fine. YOU DID FINE ATOMIC SODA.

BREATH KID

BREATH YOU DID FINE IT WASN'T YOUR FAULT

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

Because having a scum player is more valuable than making one power role a vanilla?

Except I figured there were likely to be more than one cop and there are three.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Except I figured there were likely to be more than one cop and there are three.

oh?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Anyway, it doesn't matter what I say at this point because you've all made up your mind. So you should probably just finish off this day and make the cops useless for the rest of the game even though there was two kills last night.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Can you not count? Jimson was a rolecop and both Podima and BK are claiming to be cops.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
thanks keane will you be my mafia dad now pmom and max are gone?

yah three cops so far is right unless pod or bk are lying

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Rolecops aren't cops. TMM is flailing.

Also let's not forget that said rolecop was....scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Podima posted:

Rolecops aren't cops. TMM is flailing.

Also let's not forget that said rolecop was....scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Oh, another thing that makes me thing (this is not slam dunk, but just another thing) that Podima is town is that I was rb'ed last night (or jailed, or w/e), and the flavor was that there was a crash behind me as I was about to leave my chambers. This would line up pretty well with what happened to Pmach, yeah? She wasn't told, probably because she didn't have a night action to fail, but it still makes sense.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah, if TMM had a convincing argument we'd have heard it by now.

##vote TMM

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

:c: Final Day 3 Votecount :c:
:psylon: Robot Edition! :psylon:

JimsonTheBetrayer (9): dongsbot 9000, Moatillata, Tremendous Taste, -Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, -Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, -Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, Pinterest Mom, BottleKnight, chaoslord, Max, -Max, Podima, -dongsbot 9000, TMMadman, Max, -Max, Max, Propaganda Machine, -TMMadman, TMMadman
Podima (1): dongsbot 9000, -dongsbot 9000, BottleKnight, CCKeane, chaoslord, Max, Pinterest Mom, TMMadman, -BottleKnight, -chaoslord, -Pinterest Mom, -Max, -TMMadman, JimsonTheBetrayer, -JimsonTheBetrayer, Max, -Max
Moatillata (0): Podima, -Podima
SirSamVimes (0): CCKeane, -CCKeane
chaoslord (0): TMMadman, -TMMadman
Propaganda Machine (0): Pinterest Mom, -Pinterest Mom
Meinberg (0): Max, -Max

Not Voting (6): Atomic Soda, dongsbot 9000, JimsonTheBetrayer, Meinberg, SirSamVimes, The Ninth Layer

:h: With 16 players alive, it takes 9 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is August 11th, 2016 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 25 minutes.

===============================

The Lacendados gathered around Jimson. First he said he was a priest, which made him at the top of the clerical hierarchy, but that alone wouldn't be enough to think he was a traitor to the revolution, since the masters were rude brutal to everyone below them. However, he said he abused his magicks to draw secret confessions from people at night, which was super suspicious. Finally he made what some called a "scum slip." It was all just too much to be believed.

And they were right.

:s: Jimsonthebetrayer, Leon Jaume, Priest (mafia-aligned rolecop/doc enabler), was executed Day 3. :s:

Everyone standing around him though heard a loud thunk coming from the chapel. They rushed to see what was happening. Inside, it was clear that Jimson had, in accordance with Livireen priestly custom, connected his life energy with the magicks of the tabernacle. Traditionally, when the priest dies, the tabernacle is magickally locked as a sign of mourning until the master raises a cleric to be the new priest. This is very sensible, and in keeping with the tenets of Livireen religion, which is polytheistic and where magick is real.
"But without the tabernacle... I can't apply healing potions on people at night!" said an anonymous voice in the crowd.

:devil: If your role is "doctor" you have lost your power.

Night actions!

A rolecops role is rolecop. Not cop.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lol if you think Ecco T. "Cop Killer" Raven would have three actual cops in a 21 player game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote TMM

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

Oh, another thing that makes me thing (this is not slam dunk, but just another thing) that Podima is town is that I was rb'ed last night (or jailed, or w/e), and the flavor was that there was a crash behind me as I was about to leave my chambers. This would line up pretty well with what happened to Pmach, yeah? She wasn't told, probably because she didn't have a night action to fail, but it still makes sense.

I don't follow how this affects podima

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

:redhammer: btw

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
today I went on a picnic

we had wine and crackers & cheese carrots and dates and berries and sandwiches (I made the sandwiches) and broccoli with bleu cheese dip and donuts for dessert.

I'd have come home earlier but mumbles, pnw is a beautiful city.

(eccopostcount++)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Final Day 4 Votecount :c:
:psylon: Robot Edition :psylon:

TMMadman (7): Podima, The Ninth Layer, Tremendous Taste, CCKeane, BottleKnight, SirSamVimes, -SirSamVimes, Propaganda Machine, SirSamVimes
Podima (1): dongsbot 9000, Tremendous Taste, -Tremendous Taste

Not Voting (5): Atomic Soda, chaoslord, Meinberg, Moatillata, TMMadman

:h: With 13 players alive, it took 7 votes to be executed.

===============

One of the Lacendados accused TMMadman of being in league with the masters. Some were skeptical, but claiming he had some kind of mystical aura debunking all investigators sealed the deal. Before morning was finished, TMM was swinging by a noose.
Checking his home determined he was a humble cleric, one of the lower classes in the estate. It also confirmed that he betrayed his calling and sided with the masters, but, which one? It was unclear. Still, he was a bad dude, and now he was gone.

:s: TMMadman, Miguel, Corrupt Cleric (usurper-aligned doctor/cop enabler), was executed day 4. :s:

Suddenly everyone in the manor felt just a little stupider. It was hard to explain. It was almost as if Ecco isn't as creative as everyone thinks they are, and couldn't find a flavor explanation for why all the cops would suddenly fail. And yet here we are, with all the cops failing nonetheless.

:devil: All players with the word "cop" somewhere in their role have lost that ability.

Night actions! 18 hours again! Make 'em spiffy!!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The Lacendados awoke after a pleasantly fast night to find two more were killed. BottleKnight, who had been a focal point of controversy throughout the conflict, was found poisoned. Meanwhile, CCKeane, ever the jokester, made one last jape: he was stabbed repeatedly.

:s: BottleKnight, Cornelius Buenaventura, Footman (town-aligned cop), was poisoned night 4. :s:

:s: CCKeane, Alejandro, Guard (town-aligned bodyguard), was stabbed to death night 4. :s:

(NOTE: as per the bodyguard role, had Keane died protecting a player [i.e. absorbing the kill in lieu of the kill's intended target], the player he protected would have been revealed with his flip)

It is now Day 5.

:h: With 10 alive it takes 6 to execute.
:d: Day 5 deadline: Monday, August 15th, 11PM EDT / 8PM PDT / (Tuesday) 1PM AEST

:frog:
LIST OF LIVING PLAYERS
- Atomic Soda
- chaoslord
- dongsbot
- Meinberg
- Moatillata
- Podima
- Propaganda Machine
- SirSamVimes
- The Ninth Layer
- Tremendous Taste

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 13, 2016

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lol that scumMM thought claiming enabler would be a good idea.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
so did anyone actually inherit bk's role like he said he would

not that it'd do anything but im just curious

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

"Aha, I'll succeed where jimson failed"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

AS, do you have any results to share? I don't remember in the hubbub of yesterday if you claimed anything

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SirSamVimes posted:

I mean, wasn't it? I need to go reread him, but based on him being made useless by Jimson's death off the top of my head it seems like a calculated play to get himself offed to get rid of cops. I also think it's interesting that scum felt it was cool to go ahead and off one of the cops now that they are useless. Not sure if it means anything other than "Scum felt BK was most likely to be unlynchable", though.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hey tt, my results are the same as yesterday, the person i tracked didn't go anywhere. can let the thread know who i tracked if wanted but i was been sitting on names to see if there are any contradictions.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It would probably be useful to share if for any other reason that we can see who didn't kill anyone

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'll admit I'm skeptical considering all the results I'm aware you have shared are "x didn't go anywhere"

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'll admit I'm skeptical considering all the results I'm aware you have shared are "x didn't go anywhere"

fair enough ive also been disapointed with my results. i will point out that tracking jimson helped catch him out.

my full results so far are:

night 1 tracked pintrest mom, went nowhere
night 2 tracked jimson, went nowhere
night 3 tracked dongsbot, went nowhere
night 4 tracked moat, went nowhere.

so, not inclined to lynch dongsbot or moat today.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

how many scum have we killed im 2 lazy to check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

3, right

infi, jimson, tmm

• Locked thread