Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Mafia edit: and dongs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
ive cracked the case the last mafia is podima the last usurpers are moat and ssv

shazam i am mafia wizard

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

now that ive posted exceptionally townly for a very long time, please tell me if you are a town pr so i can add you to my complex equation of variables, post analysis, psychosocial interpretation, etc. so i can figure out the game setup and solve mafia forever

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Food for thought. I think there's a chance that PMach is scum and aligned with whichever faction uses poison. Keep that in mind please.

Remember that we only had one kill on N2 (stabbing, no poison) and I'm fairly confident that PMach was jailed N2 based on the flavor of my results. So either Meinberg blocked an attempted kill on Max or PMach was jailed and prevented from performing the kill - or that the jailing prevented them being a kill target. It's not conclusive but worth keeping an eye on.

Notably they also defended Moat being lurky as poo poo.

Propaganda Machine posted:

There are a lot of lurkers in here. I'm stuck on mobile right now, but there are brief flickers of engagement in there. What sticks out about him compared to the other lurkers?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tremendous Taste posted:

TNL, you think that the entirety of the role is what was posted in that sentence. I do not.

Podima, he was actually here before being -1 a few hours before deadline. That's some loving gall to throw stones now.

I wish we could have had better content today but relevant to anyone else he actually posted. Period.

Goodnight.

lol at noted lurker tremendous taste, who skipped an entire game day, throwing shade at someone for not participating

Also nice peacing out without actually answering the question about what mysteries you actually think lie in TMM's flip.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

my name is herberto

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Podima posted:

Food for thought. I think there's a chance that PMach is scum and aligned with whichever faction uses poison. Keep that in mind please.

Remember that we only had one kill on N2 (stabbing, no poison) and I'm fairly confident that PMach was jailed N2 based on the flavor of my results. So either Meinberg blocked an attempted kill on Max or PMach was jailed and prevented from performing the kill - or that the jailing prevented them being a kill target. It's not conclusive but worth keeping an eye on.

Notably they also defended Moat being lurky as poo poo.

Yeah I've had a scummy impression of him all game too.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Something notable from TMM's post history. He put town reads on 3 people, two of which have flipped town - and he hedged HARD on TNL's town read. This reads as awkward engagement/distancing at the same time in retrospect.

TMMadman posted:

On the other side, I feel like Max is pretty town. And going on gut feels, I think Keane and TNL are both probably town. Although I will admit that I have some mixed feelings about TNL because he also seemed suspicious of Kash, so I don't know if that's clouding my judgment as I know I can be susceptible to people buddying up to me.

Everyone else is just kind of white noise to me at the moment.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

whats every1s flavour name

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i actually dont mind having pod around cuz theres 2 other scum on a different team to hunt lol

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

go get em boy

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

whats every1s flavour name

Alonso. Is there a point to this?

EccoRaven posted:

Character names are generated randomly using various easy-to-find internet programs, as well as random Wikipedia articles and my own creativity.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Augusto.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i want to see if anyone has a better name than herberto

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

if you arent imagining me saying "her-bert-o" out of joyful wonder when i reviewed my role pm it probably wont make sense 2 u

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

the role pm that says you, herberto, are a good town boy but you know that your brother alonso is a betrayer scum idiot who will die on the fifth day

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

is your name really augusto, like augusto despino ii, one of the masters who want to take over the estate

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

thats, uh, unfortunate

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
TNL are you scum???

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Nope I'm just regular Augusto.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

it is extremely problematic to me that ecco would generate role pms and randomise names and then not notice / not care that they repeated a name from their flavour

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i cant believe my "whats your flavour name" actually worked i really am a mafia superstar

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

ugh how come people only post when tremta is around can some people please turn up and lmao at how i caught the scum known as tnl???

its HILARIOUS

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Don't really know what to tell you. I'm just a vanilla townie.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##unvote ##vote Podima

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

dongsbot 9000 posted:

ugh how come people only post when tremta is around can some people please turn up and lmao at how i caught the scum known as tnl???

its HILARIOUS

I like your very cute avatar, but your vote is still on Podima?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

edit: hammer

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Final Day 5 Votecount :c:
:psylon: Robot etc.

Podima (6): Moatillata, Tremendous Taste, SirSamVimes, dongsbot 9000, Propaganda Machine, The Ninth Layer
SirSamVimes (1): Podima, The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer

Not Voting (3): Atomic Soda, chaoslord, Meinberg

:h: With 10 players alive, it took 6 votes to be executed.

=========================

The town decided that they had had enough of Podima's lies. First he barged in, dominating conversation. Then he claimed to be a fruit picker, despite being a lying liar. And finally he said his name was Alonso - what a fake name, a fake name for a fake person.

And so they strung a noose around his neck, and all his lies were revealed.

:s: Podima, Alonso, Picker (town-aligned cop), was executed day 5. :s:

Night actions! You have only 12 hours from this post.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The Lacendados awoke on the sixth day of the conflict to find that their troubles were far from over. First was the untimely death of SirSamVimes - he was found stabbed seven times in the throat. Seven times! Which is terrible.

:s: SirSamVimes, Carolina, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death night 5. :s:

But Vimes's death was decidedly overshadowed by another that night. The Ninth Layer, a quiet and mysterious figured in the estate, let slip yesterday that his name was Augusto. He was found poisoned in the same way that all others had been before: with his mouth hardened from the inside with pus, and his fingers wrapped around his own neck, as if his final actions were desperately clawing at his own skin to make room to breathe.

His manner of death had become terribly ordinary. No, it was his identity that mattered: he was Augusto Despino II, the would-be heir to the entire estate. The revolutionaries cheered - surely with him gone, this means the conflict is finally resolved, right?

Alas, no.

:s: The Ninth Layer, Augusto Despino, Master (mafia-aligned godfather), was poisoned night 5. :s:

It is now Day 6.

:h: With 7 alive it takes 4 to execute.
:d: Day 6 deadline: Thursday, August 18th, ~11PM EDT / 8PM PDT / (Friday) 1PM AEST.
NOTE: I will be hiking and camping all day Wednesday, so if you hammer sometime Wednesday you're gonna be SOL (Sitting Online, Languishing).

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost: go town! :ghost:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Atomic Soda posted:

- Atomic Soda
- chaoslord
- dongsbot
- Meinberg
- Moatillata
- Propaganda Machine
- Tremendous Taste

are left.

i tracked sir vimes last night. from my previous tracking i am ruling out as scum moat and dongs, meinburg because he appears to be the only doctor. i realise the tracking result does not rule ppl out completely as scum.

taste, pmach, chaos are left. of these 3 i am most suss of pmach atm for the run on podima. i also remember someone posting maybe max about a scum read on 4 ppl that included gamer of the game who chaos lord replaced. will see if i can find it.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

TMMadman posted:

Also, since I was looking over Inf, I just wanted to consolidate his joke votes during D1 when he wasn't unvoting:

First up is Kash with the 'Rolling Start' video removed:

Next is Taste:

Followed by Gamer:

Then there is BK:

Finally back to Kash:

Finally, he unvotes and then moves on to 'serious' play which involves mostly casing AR/AA.

Now, we know Kash was town, but I'm thinking that one of the other three might be a scum buddy. Since I'm already suspicious of him, I'm thinking it's BK.

hm could be wrong about chaos lord, it looks like tnn was the one to make that post plus he named taste as well

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
e:tmm

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Of course you claim to have tracked another vt, especially one who ended up dead

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

With respect, I'm not going to pay a whole lot of attention to your results even if I conclude you to be town (which is far from a given, seeing as your results are super convenient for scum) as we've seen passive scum flip already.

I'd like to hear what you think about people outside of your claims though. I'm open to the possibility of you just being really unlucky. In a position where you're town though I think it's probably likely that you tracked said passive scum at some point

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i cant believe my "whats your flavour name" actually worked i really am a mafia superstar

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

If MMM runs mafia awards again I am nominating that for play of the year because lmao

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I was all ready to come in here and yell about tnl's last second out of the blue hammer being a sure scumtell, too

As far as who's left, I'll separate into three spheres.

Null reads, maybe scum:

Moat- I think pod dug his own grave but I'd be remiss to dismiss his read yesterday out of hand because of it. I'd like to see how he reads in a day where he's not the only content in town.

Chaos - same reason. More of a gut read than anything else, I'd have to go back and read further before thinking about a vote

Null reads, who knows:

AS - for reasons stated above. I don't mind your posting, which is why I put those two ahead.

Leaning town:

Meinberg: I see no reason to doubt the claim, as I don't think we've had a doctor flip and Ecco is *probably* not enough of a bastard to gently caress with us that severely. I wish he'd posted more.

Pmach: town players claimed she was jailed. There's been no jailer flip so far. With multiple Mafia factions all but confirmed by TNL, it doesn't add up that pmach would be on a scum team with our mystery jailer (assuming even scum teams making 6 total scum in the game rather than 4+4=8 total, which I'll admit is an assumption). You might be able to argue she jailed herself but there's not a lot of functional worth there on the hope you get something out of it.

I know this is :ironicat: given my stance on setup spec but that's what makes me put her here. If anyone sees a serious flaw in the reasoning shout it out

Dongs: gut. I just don't read him as scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Taste I think your reasoning on PMach is just about right if you're willing to take set up spec into account.

Mafia team has flipped godfather, rolecop/doc enabler, goon.

Usurper has flipped doc/cop enabler.

There could be unbalanced scum teams (say, 4/2), but I think 3/3 is most likely. 4/4 just seems too much since both factions have had a night kill. But I reckon power role (so jailer) plus a goon.

This has pushed me to lean town more for AS. I have been sitting here trying to figure out why in the world two scum factions would let a tracker run around, but I guess the answer is "Hey maybe he will track the other team"? Idk.

• Locked thread