Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Atomic Soda posted:

pmach thankyou for coming and posting i hear you on the life gets in the way. :) do you have any thoughts on Aemilia Peiraña and the jailer/roleblocker discussion? my suspicions are not yet allayed sadly.

That's fine. If you're not :tinfoil: when you're playing mafia, you're doing it wrong.

Going by flavor, I agree that Aemilia is likely in the usurper scum team. I didn't comment on it because it's more of a "huh, interesting," thing rather than a slam dunk against anybody, though it's part of why I called out Moat's flavor claim. In context, that was fishy.

Like I said, I didn't get any notification the night of the investigation claim, but it sure sounds like I was jailed, or Pod was roleblocked. With the locked door, the flavor sounds more like a jailing (like, if it was a rolebock, it more feels like Pod would have been locked in his room, right?).

At any rate, those roles can both be good for both town and scum. That goes back to the point chaos made about the balance of the two scumteams, so given the role craziness of this game I'd leeeeeean toward it being a scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Atomic Soda posted:

so chaos you think moat is more likely to be scum than taste then?

No, I don't. I still think Taste/Dongs makes the most sense. However, everyone (save meinberg) has checked in at this point and I don't know if there is anything more anyone will say that will change minds. I don't have a post history I am using as my basis. I'm using setup spec almost exclusively combined with some gut about Dongs. I am doubtful that I can make a more compelling case based on it than I have, but I believe that it is true.

Like I said earlier, if there is a ninja, moat is in play for scum. I still do not think there is a ninja. For me, Moat is an informational flip. One of two things will happen:

He will flip town. If that is not going to be enough to convince everyone else about Taste and Dongs, I don't know what it will take.

He will flip scum. I will be lynched the next day almost guaranteed because I have basically staked my life on this flip. The game will then go to LYLO with 2 town/1 scum left.

If I wake up and see that the votes have played out such that Taste and Moat are both at -1, I will happily vote Taste. But I don't see that happening.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i forgot to check if its a chaoslord tremta team

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##unvote ##vote tremta

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##unvote ##vote chaoslord

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:c: Current Day 6 Votecount :c:

Moat (2): TremTa, Meinberg, dongs, -dongs, dongs, -dongs

Tremendous Taste (1): chaoslord, Moat, dongs, -chaoslord, Meinberg, -Meinberg, -dongs, Soda, dongs, -dongs, -Soda, dongs, -dongs

chaoslord (1): dongs

:h: 7 alive, 4 to execute.
:d: Deadline: Thursday, 11PM EDT / 8PM PDT / (Friday) 1PM AEST - twenty five ish hours remain.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
CL how do you only have setup spec?? Go back and read the game. Read me. Read taste. Read dongs. Read pmach. Idgi

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

cl - moat i think maybe

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

im stuck a little

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I've never seen you waffle this much dongs. I have no clue what to make of it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Moatillata posted:

CL how do you only have setup spec?? Go back and read the game. Read me. Read taste. Read dongs. Read pmach. Idgi

I mean I have read the game. By reads I think you're probably the scum. But I feel stronger about my deductive reasoning behind a read on the setup of the game than I do my reads of the posts and the intentions behind them, and that is the hill I have planted my flag in.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I see

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

chaoslord posted:

I mean I have read the game. By reads I think you're probably the scum. But I feel stronger about my deductive reasoning behind a read on the setup of the game than I do my reads of the posts and the intentions behind them, and that is the hill I have planted my flag in.

wow

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

u guys need to go back in the scum doc and re confer 4 a lil bit

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

dongsbot 9000 posted:

u guys need to go back in the scum doc and re confer 4 a lil bit

Ok, send me the link

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

check your pms it should be titled ROLE PM with the attention tag

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

dongsbot 9000 posted:

check your pms it should be titled ROLE PM with the attention tag

You mean the one from AA for a different game? I was town in that one, too.

I blew that game bad, sorry amoeba

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

my role pm from Ecco is titled REPLACEMENT because I am a replacement

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I don't know if Meinberg is going to show, and even if he does I haven't seen anything from him so far that would sway me one way or the other.

##vote moat

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Sigh, sword of Damocles once again

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
for AS the only person I am 100% sure is town.

After I'm gone, just please look at the people and their cases. Who is actually engaging the game? Who is making reads and taking in new information and making decisions and who is pushing an agenda. This is gonna be a hard win for town with me dead

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
pls don't lynch moat guys. if you lynching him only on the basis that there may be a ninja and his jump at taste then i don't think this is enough. there are many other suss people out there!

##vote chaos

still wish we could vote tt tbh but its not worth the risk at this stage. if we vote chaos out and he's town, then tt is obv next.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Atomic Soda posted:

pls don't lynch moat guys. if you lynching him only on the basis that there may be a ninja and his jump at taste then i don't think this is enough. there are many other suss people out there!

##vote chaos

still wish we could vote tt tbh but its not worth the risk at this stage. if we vote chaos out and he's town, then tt is obv next.

I don't think a ninja is particularly likely. I agree with the general argument that the way the setup looks to be shaking out, it would be incredibly off-balance.

The weird jump on Taste's claim was one thing, but it's not quite what I'm voting on. It's that, plus the content-free back-and-forth, plus the wonky behavior from the endgame breakdown and on.

The only shaky thing I can point my finger at from chaos is the soft push on a chain lynch. You might have made a stronger case in your longposts; I have to admit I only skimmed them earlier because I didn't have a terribly long time to mafia earlier and felt under the gun to get some reads and opinions out. I'll go have a more thorough look now.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
break down of claims

name, flavour, role

i am cibran, crusty old groundskeeper, tracker

moat is fernando, flavour?, vanilla town

meinberg is name?, cleric in the tabernacle oy vey, ex-doctor

taste is name?, flavour?, lynchbomb

pmach name?, flavour?, said no night actions? - don't really know if you are claiming vt here pmach

dongs is herberto, flavour?, pgo deadproof survivor - need to confirm what this is

chaos is name?, flavour?, role? - keeping this under your hat chaos?

i may have missed a claim here so pls feel free to fill in gaps. i reckon at this stage it can only help.

pedit: pmach, i've mostly been reading chaos as townish. his recent posts have been v helpful, and between him and tt i think tt is more likely to be scum. but if tt is a lynchbomb this is end of game for town, assuming town hammers. rather than lynch moat to confirm if tt is town or scum (trying to get a better handle on how this works tbh), would not a lynch of chaos give as much if not more information to town about who to trust?

i also can't shake my suspicions of you pmach on review of posts. and if you end up being scum then chaos is more likely to be scum i think. but lynching chaos will give us more information than lynching you.

again this is my first game, if there is a flaw in my reasoning happy to take another look

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Okay AS, I think I can see where you're coming from on the Taste suspicion, even if I think the case on Moast is stronger at this point.

You seem to be taking the Taste lynchbomb thing more seriously than it is. It was a weird post, but again, part of why I'm sus on Moat is because getting that read out of it and treating it quite that seriously. I don't think it's a strong enough argument to act on TT one way or the other.

Part of why I'm hesitating on a push on chaos is because I agree with him that the Moat/Taste slapfight just isn't reading as town v. town to me.

Also, for all the weirdness you pointed out on him, why are you sold on dongs as town?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah that was a VT claim. I have a distaste for people who come straight out the gate with VT claims. They feel purposely obtuse and pointless.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Propaganda Machine posted:

Okay AS, I think I can see where you're coming from on the Taste suspicion, even if I think the case on Moast is stronger at this point.

You seem to be taking the Taste lynchbomb thing more seriously than it is. It was a weird post, but again, part of why I'm sus on Moat is because getting that read out of it and treating it quite that seriously. I don't think it's a strong enough argument to act on TT one way or the other.

Part of why I'm hesitating on a push on chaos is because I agree with him that the Moat/Taste slapfight just isn't reading as town v. town to me.

Also, for all the weirdness you pointed out on him, why are you sold on dongs as town?

i laid out why i was suss of taste in my long post, i am more suss of him than moat

if the lynchbomb isnt serious i think we should lynch taste. taste can you confirm?

i am also hesitant on chaos, but i think his flip gives town more info if we cant lynch taste. plus, if you are scum then he is a good candidate also

i'm not sold on dongs as town, though i lean town on him. i'd like him to confirm pgo deathproof survivor, if taste is scum is higher on my radar

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Atomic Soda posted:

break down of claims

name, flavour, role

i am cibran, crusty old groundskeeper, tracker

moat is fernando, flavour?, vanilla town

meinberg is name?, cleric in the tabernacle oy vey, ex-doctor

taste is name?, flavour?, lynchbomb

pmach name?, flavour?, vanilla town

dongs is herberto, flavour?, pgo deadproof survivor - need to confirm what this is

chaos is name?, flavour?, role? - keeping this under your hat chaos?

ty pmach :)

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
taste you are on can you confirm lynchbomb or no?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Xavier, Servant, town-aligned vanilla. Hate the masters because my parents sucked, racked up debt, sold me to the masters to pay off the debt, and then the masters were abusive.

Since you have a question out AS, I'll wait til taste answers you or until I get bored to hammer.

There is no chance that Dongs is pgo deathproof survivor, btw, because you would be dead if he were

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

herberto

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Xavier????????

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

flavour name catches another scum - the spanish version is javier, you clown

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

how hard is it to randomly find a spanish name - aemelia??

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

dongsbot 9000 posted:

flavour name catches another scum - the spanish version is javier, you clown

I think you will find that Xavier is an old Spanish name that became a given name after St. Francis Xavier, a spaniard

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

you mean francisco javier you buffoon

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

dongsbot 9000 posted:

you mean francisco javier you buffoon

I'm just goin off wiki

Xavier comes from the name of the Catholic Saint Francis Xavier, where Xavier stands for the saint's birthplace, the town of Javier (Xabier in Basque; Xavier in Old Spanish)

Saint Francis Xavier, S.J. (born Francisco de Jasso y Azpilicueta, 7 April 1506 – 3 December 1552), was a Navarrese-Basque Roman Catholic missionary, born in Javier (Xavier in Navarro-Aragonese or Xabier in Basque), Kingdom of Navarre (now part of Spain), and a co-founder of the Society of Jesus.

Take it up with Ecco, though, she's the catholic flavor maker.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i just checked fantasynamegenerators.com/hispanic_names.php and they have javier in their lil database

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

also i typed that url instead of copy-pasting it for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I am amazed that that is actually a website

• Locked thread