Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sure I'll play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Alright, I'm just checking into this game. I've had a long, irritating day driving for my job and the start of a headache, so I'm going to take a couple advil, eat dinner and turn off my brain for the rest of the night.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Infinitum is trying to purposely obscure his voting history so him

I'd rather vote for the angry poster who's trying to bully people.

##vote Kashuno

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

The question is what were you trying to breadcrumb there TMM because you always have really weird bread crumbs.

Gonna guess Brutal Cop

Why are role fishing so hard on D1?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

I am gonna do this for keane. Not you kash

I don't think you should do it at all. This whole bit of threatening people because of a possible lie detector (which has been showing up in too many games lately, but that's a different coplaint) is really annoying and we shouldn't be enabling Kash by letting him get away with it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Why? It's a perfectly valid tactic specifically because it has been appearing in so many games lately. I agree with you the lie detector has been all too frequent lately, but with it being that way and this being an ecco game, it's a perfectly fine strat.

Because it's a lovely way to play the game.

Just look at the League game. I had a perfectly valid reason for not wanting to answer the question, but you just kept on forcing the issue even though you weren't actually the lie detector. And while my intention was always to get hung early in that game, the way you pressed it was just stupid and unhelpful.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I am not going to use a swear word the rest of this game.

Kashuno posted:

No Infinitum, lately your game play is "I joke and poo poo up games the entirity of the time I am alive and I also like to distract from actual game conversation to talk about myself instead" so maybe it's smart to just delete you

Lynch all liars.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

It's a quote

It's a fake quote.

So you're lying a second time to excuse your first lie.

And fake quotes are also terrible.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

helpful hints for reducing swear words in your language:

- pretend you're in a 1950s TV show ("gosh golly molly" "jeepers creepers!")
- quote modern-day TV shows quoting other modern-day TV shows' fake swears ("friggan frak!" "dukes")
- make new swears that make you laugh, thus easing the internal strife causing the desire to swear in the first place ("motherflipper!" "that poopfaced mcgillicuddy")
- use phrases that clearly show what you mean but are just shy of swears ("oh you garbage machine" "I swear some people in this world...")

^ these are all things I say irl

I hope you all use swears less which helps make them more powerful for when you really mean it, like when some garbage machine almost runs you over, or when the above neighbors decide to move all their flipping furniture at once as you try to take a nap.

If you aren't using the words: 'farging', 'icehole', 'bastage', 'corksoaker', and 'somanumbatching' then you're doing it wrong.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's also pretty much standard SSV which is always why he seems to be a favorite target to push as scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Hi friends

A useful post. Are you just trying to inflate your post count, even though you've already posted double the next highest person, because you're scum?

I am a little suspicious of dongs right now. I don't like that he's the way he's attached his vote to Quid. It feels like he's just trying to use Quid as a shield and can blame him if AA is town. Not to mention, he then comes back and says that he thinks AR is scum, but doesn't vote it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Actually, I think TMM is scum this game. I see him trying to throw some shade in a bunch of directions in that post. He has his vote on me as a joke vote. He throws some terrible rhetorical question at me as if it's justification for his earlier vote, and then moves on to trying to case dongsbot.

If that is the case, why doesn't TMM move his vote from a joke vote on me to an actual vote on dongsbot? He has yet to actually case me, and if the majority of his post is real suspicion on dongsbot, then it would logically follow he should move his vote. He doesn't, his suspicion on dongsbot is fake, and he is not being forthright.

I was sus earlier, but the current vote on moat is a result of a joke vote. However, in light of the post I have just made re: TMM

##unvote
##vote TMM

This post/case is an overblown, manufactured piece of crap.

First of all, talking about two people is not throwing shade in a 'bunch' of different directions, so it's pretty disingenuous to try and push that narrative.

Second, I wasn't trying to case dongsbot, I was simply stating a suspicion and the reasoning behind it. Unlike you, I don't feel a need to immediately drop a vote on someone if I say I'm suspicious of them.

Third, my vote on you was never a joke vote. It was always real and it was based on your play. You come out of the gate trying to bully Moat into saying things the way you want them said because there might be a lie detector (and people should note that despite demanding Moat simply say he is town, Kash himself never bothers to do it himself). Then when Max comes and says he's drunk and willing to answer questions, the only one you ask is 'what's your role?'

All that happened before I dropped a vote on you. Immediately after I drop the vote, you dismiss it and then go looking for a breadcrumb in it which you announce to the thread. When I point out that you're role fishing (again!), you handwave it away by saying it was sarcastic. Now the thing that bothers me about that is that you have never cared about any of my breadcrumbs before and usually just dismiss them out of hand. So you looking for one solidified my thoughts that you're scum and just trying to figure out who to kill.

Finally, for all your talk about Infinitum making GBS threads up a game, I feel like you've been way worse than him lately and you just rely on people liking you enough to not vote you early in the game.

Hell, I wish I was scum or had a killing role because then I could just ignore your poo poo and take you out on N1, but I can't get that lucky.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

I called out Kash a bit earlier for his over the top butthurt reaction to me jokeposting by 'moving' my vote while it still remained on him.

You seem genuinely pissed off with him? Is it the way Kash is playing this game, or due to previous play?

Just trying to get a feel of where this massive reaction is coming from.

A little from column A, a little from column B.

I don't like the way he's been playing the game in general lately, but I also really don't think he's coming at things from a town place in this specific game as well. I think he's tried to suss out roles multiple times already in this game, but if he's pushed on it he gets to fall back on a 'it's D1 joking around' defense.

He's pushing bullshit case against me because I mentioned I was suspicious of dongs, but didn't vote him. Following that logic, he should be voting PMom who said they didn't like my post, but didn't vote for me. Or even himself because he stated he was suspicious of BK, but he's still voting me.

It's a bunch of disingenuous crap and I want to see him eat poo poo for it. But I'm probably just going to get ignored because it's just 'TMM acting crazy.'

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I'm not trying to push a narrative on your first point, hope this helps.

As to your second point, if my logical thought process is to drop a vote on someone I am suspicious of then wouldn't it make sense that my mind would logically go to "hm calling out suspicion in multiple sentences but not voting is weird"

"Bullying," is a trash term in a game that revolves heavily around catching people lying and forcing them to answer questions. If you are too much of a baby (back) to deal with pressure, then mafia is definitely not the game for you.

I feel like my style of joking is lost on you, of course I don't expect Max to reveal a role, because he's not an idiot. Even drunk. Likewise, I don't actually look for a real bread crumb from you, because your breadcrumbs are always some obscure asinine thing that no one could ever find. I know you have probably already dropped a breadcrumb, but I have no idea what it could be.

Also, Infinitum is my friend that is quite disrespectful of you. He is my second favorite Australian(tomm always has my :h:). I do post a lot which makes going through my history difficult, but I'd like to think I regularly engage and pressure people along with a smattering of casual posting.

And here comes the condescension.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

As to your second point, if my logical thought process is to drop a vote on someone I am suspicious of then wouldn't it make sense that my mind would logically go to "hm calling out suspicion in multiple sentences but not voting is weird"

Btw, this is complete bullshit because you played enough to know that other people don't play the game the same way as you. So saying 'if I think this way, then other people must as well' is a garbage argument. You know full well that I will often say I think someone is suspicious with a reason without dropping a vote on them.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I did not mean that to sound condescending (with the exception of the first point). I apologize.

How you wrote the third part without thinking 'I'm being condescending as gently caress' is beyond me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This honestly feels like a really scummy push on AR.

It's possible that he could be lying about his claim, but Ecco does seem to like using a Governor as a role and I don't think I've seen it be scum in her games. You can say it's a negative utility all you want, but it's also highly likely to be a town role so this kind of justification doesn't sit right with me:

Podima posted:

Not to be rude, but are you purposely ignoring my vote justification? For Day 1, I have no issue lynching a claimed role that is sketchy/potentially a fakeclaim at worst, and neutral town utility at best (especially in the hands of a player that won't be engaged with the game). That's far better than most D1s work out.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

it feels like a BS announcement to me cuz it came out of no where and then ar backpedaled by going "oh no I might not be able to stay so I wanted the biggest bang for my buck :)"

It didn't really come out of nowhere though. He said something like 'Oh I'll be gone by like D4' and then like 3 or 4 people went 'What? Sounds like a 3P!!!' and started voting him before he claimed.

I mean it was probably a bit premature and awkward, but I not sure if that's actually scummy.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

that also came out of no where tho

Yeah, but that's more dumb than scummy. While it could be 3P, it's also just as likely to be town.

And the people saying that he's scum are kind of dumb because what kind of scum would come out and say 'oh, I'll probably be gone by D4?'

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

I will never, ever, subscribe to a plan that calls for a potential chain lynch Day 2. It's just not worth it. I appreciate the sentiment, though.

Again, in my personal opinion, governor is not a worthwhile role to prioritize keeping around given it's anti-town utility nature.

While the first part is true, the second part is bullshit.

I don't really agree that Governor is anti-town and think it's more neutral than anything. Sure is can deny town information and occasionally save a scum, but it usually prevents town from lynching town which is more important imo. Plus, it's not like he HAS to use the power, so in essence I feel like a Governor isn't that much different than being vanilla.

Once again, I'm going to ask: Why in the world would a scum come out and say 'Oh, I'll probably be gone by D4'? It makes no sense and I think the chances of AR being town are higher than him being a 3P and much higher than him being scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

What kind of town would do that, either?

Way I think of it, it's either an absurdly dumb play that AR then doubled down on or some stupid 3p/scum gambit. "Alright, I'll do something dumb then you scumhunt me, scumbros, to get cred!!"

I agree that he's garnered the focal attention of the thread, tho, at the expense of potentially anyone else. The just as easily possible flipside of this argument is scum is going ham on dumb townie/3p before someone else gets heat. As it stands, though, I think AR would be the best bet right now.

The kind of town that might have personal things to do in a few days and has a role that will kill him after using it twice.

If you're town and you know that using your power will kill you at some point, you play the game with a different mindset. I know you weren't in it, but look at the League 3 game. My main power was based on me getting lynched and I played the game in a completely different way because I KNEW I wanted to be lynched at some point.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I don't know how anyone can see Govenor as a town positive role, honestly.

Because more times than not is saves town from being lynched?

How do you not understand that point? Sure, you don't get confirmation that the person is town and have to believe in it, but you can still work from the belief that the person is town.

Or here how about a scenario where the person you are set to lynch comes in when he's -1 and says "I'm the cop or doctor' and then someone hammers them. The Governor gets to save a town role and you can still work on information from who pushed the lynch.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

And everyone agreed in League 3 your play was absolutely horrible and against your own wincon.

And here I thought you said you were trying to stop being an rear end.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I

I don't want you to misrepresent your play there as good town play when the vast consensus was otherwise.

Go gently caress yourself. Regardless of your claim to try otherwise, you have been one of the biggest assholes playing lately.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

It might save town from being lynched 'more often than not' based on pure odds, but you're disregarding the governor's own alignment in making that decision. I don't believe you can reasonably state that someone who a governor saves is likely to be town without knowing the governor's alignment.

Also the scenario you state isn't really valid since, in that situation, the person who hammered a claimed cop/doc would obviously be strung up next. No scum in their right mind would expose themselves like that.

:agreed:

This isn't true at all. Maybe the person who was hammering was phone posting or had the reply open before the claim. It's not a sure thing.

And btw, we should all look at the past times when killing someone who's made themselves the center of attention has worked out. In basically ever case, all it's done is hung town.

Hell, I'll point towards Kash in the first Shine game. More times than not, the person who draws that kind of attention is town.

And I don't know about you, but I'd rather actually try to hang scum rather than someone I'm pretty sure is town.

And finally, the whole argument that 1 shot governor, 1 shot lynch redirector WHO KILLS HIMSELF is more likely to be scum is complete loving garbage because all it does is set up a chain lynch on whoever the second person is that he saves. If a scum governor saved someone by killing themselves, are you really going to sit there and say you wouldn't lynch the person he saved next?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Kash, do you honestly think AR is scum or do you just want to lynch him based on his play?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I think his claim is scummy, his cover up is scummy, his posts don't corroborate each other, and that he is most likely lying scum. As stated prior, in the rare chance he is town, he has made it clear he won't be playing and it won't be worth keeping him around. No loss either way.

Yeah, my vote isn't moving based on this answer.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think either AA or AR are scum. I could see Podima as scum. I'm also still suspicious of dongs.

I don't really have reads on anyone else.

Except Kash because he is scummy as poo poo and I'm not moving my vote from him.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Not . . . super happy about a governor being able to self protect, if that's true.

I'd be willing to actually see if he's lying about it at this point.

I think it'd be a much better idea to not lynch AR and have a cop (assuming there is one) investigate him.

Remember, he's claimed to turn into a miller if he pardons someone, so if he pardons himself (which I can't blame him for doing), then investigating him would be useless.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

If the flavor is "oops the killswitch fails" then why would he get redirected to on the 2nd lynch?

It just doesn't fit.

He already answered this here:

Absurd Revolver posted:

One thing I haven't revealed is that I become a Miller after I use it the first time, as people suspect me of working with the masters.

Second time I do it, you guys get fed up with me and just lynch me instead, presumably with my own guillotine.

I know I've been pretty disengaged so far, but even I caught this part.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

how can we lynch him with his own guillotine if he has the ability to stop us from lynching him with his own guillotine the first time????

Flavor arguments are stupid.

Why do you think a scum player would come out and say something like 'Oh, I'll be dead by D4' and when asked why he says 'Because I'm a Governor and will be killed after a second pardon'?

I mean how does that make any sense as scum? It's not like just saying his role is a governor will save him from a lynch. If he's scum I feel like he could have made up some kind of other role.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I mean let's make this easy.

No one has to claim what it is but like...does anyone have a role half as bizarre as AR's claim?

This is absolute garbage by Kash.

Hey nobody claim, but go ahead and tell me if you have some kind of complex role.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Wasn't in the last game, I don't know how or why he claimed what he did.

In the last game (SLASHER by AA), he claimed that he was lynchproof (he was 1x LP) 3P and claimed to have hit his wincon after killing someone with a 1x Ninja gift.

The people left alive didn't believe him and lynched him and he was actually LP.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

yeah possibly. I think he should be the lynch but it's becoming more and more clear it's unlikely to happen

Don't you think it'd be a much better idea to lynch someone who he says he wouldn't pardon and hope AR gets investigated? I know Ecco generally holds a dim view of cops, but she does usually include them in her games.

I just hope this isn't one of the bastard games where she tells the cop to assume he's sane and then makes him insane anyway.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

Sorry, again, dealing with a lot of kids.

I don't know what to say except my claim is legitimate, except that I agree that taking myself out early is bogus now and intend to play until scum likely kills me.

I will pardon myself, but not AA or Podima. I will pardon if you guys try to throw together a last minute lynch on someone other than those two, as that usually results in a dead town D1.

I agree with Max.

I really don't like this position of holding the lynch hostage. You should know this because I held the same position against Tobbs in the SLASHER game.

Saying something like this does make me want to lynch you instead, but then you say you will pardon yourself and turn into a miller which would ruin any investigation.

I think the only position you should hold right now is that you will only pardon yourself even though it would make any investigation of you useless.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone want to give AA time to actually claim?

This is a scummy rear end fast push to lynch him.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

it's not a lynchproof claim, it's a voluntary lynchproof claim. If he's town and agrees to death (for the good of his theoretical town wincon) we get info.

Also, if he is town, why should he agree to die? Even if he still wins with town, being town and letting yourself be lynched when you have the power to stop it is beyond stupid.

Especially since he could be cleared by a cop investigating him tonight.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I'm disgusted by AR and TMM and their refusal lately as town to play toward town wincons

Just shut up with this bullshit. I was playing towards a town wincon in the League game, but you had to go and push some stupid poo poo that I must be scum because I didn't want to make a statement of "I am town" in case of a possible lie detector. If I had gone with my gut, instead of playing what I felt was best for town, then I would have killed AR or Quid before Asiina.

And now you're saying that AR should let himself be lynched if he's town even though he potentially has the power to stop it.

Frankly, your obsession with people playing the game the way you perceive to be the correct way is the thing that's making you an rear end in a top hat. Let people play the game they want to play it and stop trying to force your way on them.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

TMM please don't tell me how to play

Then maybe you should stop telling other people how to play.

This includes telling people to replace out because they might be busy at some point in the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

:ghost: Oh well, good luck town, I'm getting married tomorrow!:ghost:

Congrats and good luck!

At least Kash stopped you from having to pay attention to the game during your honeymoon.

• Locked thread